Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 01:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
What of the non-Muslim votes? Have you got just as handy a manner in which to dismiss those too?

Reads to me like we do here in America when it comes to what the Democrats think vs the Republicans...

Well of course they disagree, what else might you expect? Accordingly, why give any attention to that other point of view? They NEVER agree with us, so they MUST be wrong...

I disregard as meaningless all UN general assembly resolutions. Because they're nothing but name-calling and/or political nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 01:54 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I disregard as meaningless all UN general assembly resolutions. Because they're nothing but name-calling and/or political nonsense.
I didn't ask what you think about resolutions. I asked what you thought of the votes you can't dismiss as Muslim, or Arab? In other words, the reason(s) for them...

What you call "name-calling and/or political nonsense" describes our own American political system perfectly, as often done by most people in this forum. Should we end that too?

Only the fool doesn't recognize that one man's name-calling and/or political nonsense is another man's heart-felt truth. Similarly, only a fool chooses to listen only to those who only agree. Even worse the fool who disregards dissenting opinion. The biggest fool of all that won't allow it...

Old 04-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I didn't ask what you think about resolutions. I asked what you thought of the votes you can't dismiss as Muslim, or Arab? In other words, the reason(s) for them...
I don't think about them.

As I've said, I disregard them.

Quote:
What you call "name-calling and/or political nonsense" describes our own American political system perfectly, as often done by most people in this forum. Should we end that too?
Of course not.

The GOP's self destruction is very entertaining.

Quote:
Only the fool doesn't recognize that one man's name-calling and/or political nonsense is another man's heart-felt truth. Similarly, only a fool chooses to listen only to those who only agree. Even worse the fool who disregards dissenting opinion. The biggest fool of all that won't allow it...
Only the fool gets his knickers in a knot over meaningless trivia.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I don't think about them.

As I've said, I disregard them.

Of course not.

The GOP's self destruction is very entertaining.

You said you disregard U.N. resolutions. The countries who vote on those resolutions and the reasons they do is not a function of the U.N. (but never mind what might be a little too complicated for you to address any better for now).

Perhaps the biggest fool of all is one who attempts to engage another with at least some reason and logic, in this case to suggest why dismissing dissenting opinion as you do is a mistake, hoping for at least some similar level of reason and logic, only to get a response like this one above instead.

No doubt that biggest fool is me...

Old 04-04-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Still..., I've just got to ask.

What "meaningless trivia" are you referring to, specifically?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You said you disregard U.N. resolutions. The countries who vote on those resolutions and the reasons they do is not a function of the U.N. (but never mind what might be a little too complicated for you to address any better for now).

Perhaps the biggest fool of all is one who attempts to engage another with at least some reason and logic, in this case to suggest why dismissing dissenting opinion as you do is a mistake, hoping for at least some similar level of reason and logic, only to get a response like this one above instead.
I don't dismiss dissenting opinions. I just don't get wrapped around the axle over UN resolutions that are empty nothings.

But by all means, feel free to pump up your blood pressure if it has deep meaning to you.

Quote:
No doubt that biggest fool is me...
If you insist.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Still..., I've just got to ask.

What "meaningless trivia" are you referring to, specifically?
UN general assembly resolutions. The ones I've referred to in each post. Somehow you missed that?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You probably aren't aware that our relationship with Israel is mutually beneficial, unlike all the other foreign aid we give to many countries.
You mean like giving them millions of dollars who then turn around with that same money and buy weapons from us?

Tell you what, give me some of your money and I will buy some of your stuff too
I am sure you will be happy albeit a bit lighter in the wallet

Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Shrug. The Israelis don't care.

Thing is, some of you would be LESS outraged if the U.N. said that about us. SMH

Old 04-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
UN general assembly resolutions. The ones I've referred to in each post. Somehow you missed that?
I wrote before that perhaps the biggest fool is one who attempts to engage another with at least some reason and logic, in this case to suggest why dismissing dissenting opinion as you do is a mistake, hoping for at least some similar level of reason and logic...

And as that hope continues, I can assure you have no need to worry about my blood pressure or getting "wrapped around an axle." Just trying to make sense of someone who claims they don't dismiss dissenting opinion while all the while doing exactly that.

I wonder, when it comes to this dissenting opinion that you don't dismiss, related to the United States, Israel and the Palestinians, who's opinion is that? I also wonder if you just don't know much about the United Nations or if it's that you just don't like to hear from the United Nations. Mostly a head-in-sand perspective as best I can tell, but I think I've exhausted the effort to get much better, so I'll leave it at that.

Perhaps you've got all the better ideas, but just FYI and/or for the record:

"The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization to promote international co-operation. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945 after World War II in order to prevent another such conflict. At its founding, the UN had 51 member states; there are now 193. The headquarters of the United Nations is in Manhattan, New York City, and experiences extraterritoriality. Further main offices are situated in Geneva, Nairobi and Vienna. The organization is financed by assessed and voluntary contributions from its member states. Its objectives include maintaining international peace and security, promoting human rights, fostering social and economic development, protecting the environment, and providing humanitarian aid in cases of famine, natural disaster, and armed conflict."

At the heart of most of these threads related to the Middle East, a real concern, at least for me, is to avoid WWIII. That's something maybe worthy of axle wrapping, far as most people are concerned anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies