Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I unsubscribed from them mostly because the movie selection was a giant snooze fest. They rarely rotate in new films and their definition of new is 2 yrs old.

I am not into their original shows. So bye
I assumed that Netflix had access to every movie ever put on DVD. I am glad I never joined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 01:46 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
I never have problems with Netflix. There are so many tv shows and movies, I'm not sure how one could get bored, unless you just watch constantly.

Hulu has improved a lot as well. Both are good deals at less then $10/mo. I only have Netflix. Either are better then cable or dish.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:58 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,863 times
Net flicks... why?? why when you can get a streaming device.. they offer so much more then just netflix... its makes netflix look silly.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-th...aming-devices/

Old 04-01-2016, 02:03 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I assumed that Netflix had access to every movie ever put on DVD. I am glad I never joined.
I wish that were the case!! they have a pre-determined # of movies and SLOOOOOOWLY rotate in new films and delete others. They never have new releases, 2 years is about as new at it gets.

It was great at first but then I kept waiting for new movies, waited, waited, yawned, unsubscribe.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:04 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I never have problems with Netflix. There are so many tv shows and movies, I'm not sure how one could get bored, unless you just watch constantly.

Hulu has improved a lot as well. Both are good deals at less then $10/mo. I only have Netflix. Either are better then cable or dish.
unless you like live or recent programs.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
I wish that were the case!! they have a pre-determined # of movies and SLOOOOOOWLY rotate in new films and delete others. They never have new releases, 2 years is about as new at it gets.

It was great at first but then I kept waiting for new movies, waited, waited, yawned, unsubscribe.
2 years? Where are you even getting that number from? And you know that Netflix has to deal with the studios, right?

Quote:
unless you like live or recent programs.
Cable is a scam. Any shows that I want to watch that air on cable I can own the day after the episode airs from Amazon. It's what I do with The Walking Dead. New episode airs on Sunday night, I buy the episode & watch Monday night. It's in my video library forever. No commercials. I can watch & rewatch as many times as I want for as long as I want. I have every season of Walking Dead in my library.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:09 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Cable is a scam. Any shows that I want to watch that air on cable I can own the day after the episode airs from Amazon. It's what I do with The Walking Dead. New episode airs on Sunday night, I buy the episode & watch Monday night. It's in my video library forever. No commercials. I can watch & rewatch as many times as I want for as long as I want. I have every season of Walking Dead in my library.
Yep, buying current episodes/seasons from Amazon would be way cheaper for me than paying for cable. There are only about a 6 cable series I watch: that means I'd only pay Amazon about $250 a year to watch all the episodes of all those series. Heck if I was a TV junkie, I could still buy season passes for 24 series from Amazon for less than $1000 a year.
~sigh, DH has to have his cable sports though.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
1st world white people and their privileged (self-created) problems...

Old 04-02-2016, 06:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
1st world white people and their privileged (self-created) problems...
The race card for the win!

Old 04-02-2016, 06:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The race card for the win!
I saw how diverse the thread was, and civil, and couldn't resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies