Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 03:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,749,722 times

Advertisements

Netflix said that it has been secretly slowing its video streaming to customers, even as some had blamed wireless carriers such as AT&T and Verizon for the poor quality of the programs.

Who can even count the number of times they called their Internet service providers (that would be MILLIONS, several by me!) to complain when a "House of Cards" episode was interrupted by "buffering?"

To make matters worse, the company actually invested resources into mobilizing its legions of customers to take their frustrations out on Verizon...

How Netflix deceived both regulators and consumers

Un freaking believable... contemplating shutting down my subscription
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM

617 posts, read 346,956 times
Interesting. The only problem with Netflix I have (other than their ever decreasing quality of content) is how long it occasionally takes their site to load on Roku. But once it's up, it's fine. I stream at medium quality and only via TV or iPad on my home wi-fi.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:39 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,536,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Netflix said that it has been secretly slowing its video streaming to customers, even as some had blamed wireless carriers such as AT&T and Verizon for the poor quality of the programs.

Who can even count the number of times they called their Internet service providers (that would be MILLIONS, several by me!) to complain when a "House of Cards" episode was interrupted by "buffering?"

To make matters worse, the company actually invested resources into mobilizing its legions of customers to take their frustrations out on Verizon...

How Netflix deceived both regulators and consumers

Un freaking believable... contemplating shutting down my subscription
I unsubscribed from them mostly because the movie selection was a giant snooze fest. They rarely rotate in new films and their definition of new is 2 yrs old.

I am not into their original shows. So bye

Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,749,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I unsubscribed from them mostly because the movie selection was a giant snooze fest. They rarely rotate in new films and their definition of new is 2 yrs old.

I am not into their original shows. So bye
I have to admit their selection has become stale at best... unless you're into Anime

Which I am so not in to.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:53 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,536,688 times
Quote:
I have to admit their selection has become stale at best... unless you're into Anime

Which I am so not in to.
or lesbian prison love lol

Old 03-31-2016, 10:58 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,974,598 times
cancel it......read a book

Old 03-31-2016, 11:07 PM

29,450 posts, read 16,363,003 times
HULU has always been better than Netflix when it comes to shows, netflix is really only worth it if you have the DVD subscription but in that case, they lose to Redbox out of convenience

Old 03-31-2016, 11:19 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
Interesting. The only problem with Netflix I have (other than their ever decreasing quality of content) is how long it occasionally takes their site to load on Roku. But once it's up, it's fine. I stream at medium quality and only via TV or iPad on my home wi-fi.
I have ZERO problems with my stream on Roku, whether it's Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or any other service. I mostly use Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Seems to me that the quality of the stream depends on your high speed internet connectivity, and mine is absolutely superb. In over a year, i can think of only a few times when my buffering was really slow.

The problem that i have with Netflix is how shows appear and disappear with shocking caprice. If you wanna binge watch a show, you'd better get to it while it's still up because if you wait a few weeks, it could be long gone and there's no telling when or if it'll come back.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:21 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times
Quote:

Which I am so not in to.
Sometimes they have a great show or movie, but then it can disappear almost overnight.

One thing i'll give them credit for having consistently are great documentaries.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,486,216 times
That article seems to address only AT&T and Verizon mobile customers, not internet service providers.

Netflix streams great for me via wi-fi. Our internet providers are AT&T U-verse at home and Charter at our two vacation places. No buffering, ever, anywhere.
All my family and friends and neighbors have Netflix also and never complain; far as I know none of them use their mobile plans regularly to stream it. Wouldn't that get awfully expensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies