Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 07:22 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Old fashioned stupid dumb conservatives are not big on the environment. They are in to silly things like naturalism. Old has been conservatives are naturalists.. So you wonder what I am talking about? Well - what is the difference between environ and nature? The definition is simple...to take care of your environment - to pick up a scrap of paper on the side walk....to clean up a city park....to attempt to make air cleaner...environ means that which surrounds you...or what you are enveloped in..putting a kitchen sink over your head is to create an environ.

The average liberalist kid does not know the difference between a pine tree and a birch...They function as environmentalist in a totally artificial man made world. Where as the conservative naturalist is concerned about the conservation..... the conservatism of nature...

What is the most simple way to define liberals from conservatives these days? I would say natural verses artificial.

You are merely describing "young v old." The younger you are, the more plastic has been and will be part of your life. It's not "the kiddies" fault that all medical equipment And most bottles as now plastic for example.

And if you grow up in a city, trees are not usually something you learn about.

I know liberals, like myself, who pick up trash if taking a walk. I don't know any conservatives who do this unless it's around their house. I don't even own a house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
DiCaprio also doesn't have any children, which is the single most environmentally-conscious thing you can do.

You could literally take an airplane everyday until you die and still not wreak as much damage as having a single kid. That increases your carbon footprint by 50 times. I highly doubt it hasn't been a factor in his thought process. I'm just saying.
AMEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
White young liberal males hate and ignore one thing.....LAW- rules....they think that life and society is a free for all.
Yeah, that's why they are all in jail!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 07:33 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Believe whatever you like then, I really don't care. I don't have to justify my beliefs to you or anyone else. I've defined them and you can take them or leave them. Believe them or don't.
Exactly! In the end, the rule of reason -- the sum total of billions of individual decisions -- will have the final say; those who don't agree with it will run whining to politicians, as usual, but there comes a point at which the natural outcome of human interaction can't be overruled.

It might take a few more years to finish, but the Beautiful Peoples Republic of California is a little further into the process of that hard lesson every day; what they will learn from it is anybody's guess.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:01 PM

968 posts, read 1,141,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What exactly does "liberal" mean to you? To me, a liberal is someone who supports equal opportunity for all .. that's it. Liberals do not hate white men as you suppose. Where do you see this? You mean liberals speak out when a cop shoots yet another black man under dubious circumstances? Or speaks up when ignorant people want to punish all Muslims because two or three of them bombed someplace 5,000 miles away from the US? Or argues that women should be paid equally to men? How is this showing hatred for white men?
As a white male, non-religious independent, here is my take. The liberals and conservatives these days have both become so extreme in their ways I can't fathom why any clear-thinking, intelligent individual would want to conform to either political party or side. It is a joke. All they do is attack each other. I will not be voting because regardless of which of these bozos gets elected, nothing in this country will change much, at least for the better. The voters decide who will become president, but the vast majority are so narrow-minded and just outright stupid they don't care what anyone has to say, they just play the political party card and vote democrat no matter what or vote republican no matter what.

Liberals don't want equal opportunity for all. They want equal results. This is why we still have EEO/Affirmative Action in the workplace, the EEO should be renamed EER. This is what it is. Open season on the white male. It's racism and sexism. And who coined the term "reverse racism"? It's racism one way or the other.

Conservatives are a bunch of white supremacist born again christians that want to turn this country into a bible belt and hoard 99% of the wealth here, so only 1% live comfortably and the rest have to starve. I lived for years in a state with a tanked economy which was overpriced purely because of proximity to the financial capital of the west, which you can't get to from there without a 2+ hour commute each way. I'm priced out now and finally left that place. Money is like fertilizer. When hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, things grow.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
White males are currently politically unorganized, unrepresented and exploited.

This is because blacks and females (single females mostly) have joined political forces to take what white males have earned.

Moreover, Democrats, along with the corporate ***** wing of Republican Party, have floated the idea of amnesty for illegal immigrants hoping to take even more from working whites and make white-male financial subjugation and political disenfranchisement a permanent demographic reality.

For white males, this is slavery minus the chains.

White-males are not upset that blacks and women have the vote, but rather what they have done with it.

Together they are a political majority voting to financially enslave the white-male minority and supporting immigration policies designed to dilute white political power to such a degree that we effectively lose our vote.

The lame excuses and straw-man arguments the black-female political alliance repeat hoping to justify their obvious abuse of the political system is shameful and obvious.
There is a lot of truth in this.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't think it's a "few" extremist. Being African-American and growing up, it was pervasive in the culture.
What's the rate of black-on-white crime these days?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:15 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Liberalism is a neonazi's dream.

Liberals support:
illegal immigration = unemployment and low wages for poor blacks and latinos
gentrification = neocolonization of black neighborhoods
affirmative action = pretentious babying of non-whites then dismissing their achievements because of AA
abortion = black genocide
colorblindness = racism behind an anti-racist veneer
feminism = white females using women of color as obedient soldiers to fight white men
That's why the neo-nazis blogs and forums are hotbeds of liberals and they're all lining up to support the Democrats, right? Oh wait, they aren't. When they claim a mainstream political party it's usually the Republicans and a lot of them have come out in favor of Trump. I wonder why that is?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Yes, of course there is logically more risk of failure. That doesn't stop them from preaching that their way is superior and upright, and that laws need to drafted around it, tax codes and incentives should be maintained around it, and anyone who lives an alternate way of life is a moral failure or a "godless s**t," as one conservative here colourfully put it. That is hypocrisy, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. If marriage and family intactness is as supreme and sacrosanct as they constantly moralize at people and postulate that it is, then it should be so in practise, but it's clearly not. If their way (early marriage, abstinence-only sexual education, no cohabitation before marriage, etc.) isn't working towards the goal (family intactness), then they need to acknowledge the failure and promote something else.

By the way, unmarried coupled households are substantially less likely to contain children statistically, so there is no need to moralize at them from a "family preservation" standpoint. Again, the people they should be lecturing are themselves for their hypocrisy.

This reply doesn't address the point I was making. My point was that the author of your link/researcher conveniently ignores my point that drives a truck through his assertion....that the two groups aren't comparable because by getting married....when there isn't any pressure to.....the married atheists have self selected into a group that is hyper committed. By the nature of the tenets of their beliefs, the 'other side' can't control for/counterbalance this discrepancy.

I don't have a dog in this hunt (I'm an agnostic who bible thumpers usually get angry with during discussions about faith). I'm not saying that social conservatives/bible thumpers/whatever you want to call them are devoid of hypocrisy, I'm just saying that your LINK doesn't prove your point because my point pokes a hole in what THE AUTHOR OF YOUR LINK is trying to convey.

The title of this thread is 'Why would any white male adult be a liberal'

While defending a liberal/progressive point of view, IMO, you have fallen into the trap that many liberals/progressives do by attacking who you perceive the opposition to be (illustrated in your post above) rather than defending your position on the merits of the position. One of the problems with that defense is that many people who criticize liberal/progressive positions aren't bible thumpers, aren't people of faith, thus aren't subject to religious/faith based specific hypocrisy, and are somewhere between (and including) a full libertarian stance and outright support of abortion, same sex relationships, and same sex marriage.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
As a white male, non-religious independent, here is my take. The liberals and conservatives these days have both become so extreme in their ways [...]
Liberals don't want equal opportunity for all. They want equal results. This is why we still have EEO/Affirmative Action in the workplace ...
I, too, am a white male not affiliated with either party, but I generally end up voting liberal because, in most cases, they are by far the lesser of evils. Some policies related to racism go too far, as you indicate, but I don't think it is fair to say that liberal policy-makers, in general, are pushing for "equal results." I think their goal really is something closer to equal opportunity, but some policies overshoot the mark.

Also, I think it is easy to confuse efforts to measure progress with "goals" as such. If statistics don't show proportionate representation in various jobs, etc., then the belief is that "something is wrong" and in a lot of cases there really is something wrong. E.g. if 10% of the population is X, but only 1% of X have a well-paying job, or are in position of political power, etc. then this is taken as evidence that there is still some sort of discriminatory "ism" at work. Some of the efforts to fix this can seem like reverse discrimination, and sometimes it actually is reverse discrimination. The danger, though, is that these policies that are meant to correct a problem can go too far, or they can linger too long as a matter of social habit, etc.

Liberal thinking is prone to certain types of errors, but personally I think these errors are by far the lesser evils compared to the types of errors that right-wing folks are prone to making.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:11 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
I, too, am a white male not affiliated with either party, but I generally end up voting liberal because, in most cases, they are by far the lesser of evils. Some policies related to racism go too far, as you indicate, but I don't think it is fair to say that liberal politicians, in general, are pushing for "equal results." I think their goal really is something closer to equal opportunity, but some policies overshoot the mark.

Also, I think it is easy to confuse efforts to measure progress with "goals" as such. If statistics don't show proportionate representation in various jobs, etc., then the belief is that "something is wrong" and in a lot of cases there really is something wrong. E.g. if 10% of the population is X, but only 1% of X have a well-paying job, or are in position of political power, etc. then this is taken as evidence that there is still some sort of discriminatory "ism" at work. Some of the efforts to fix this can seem like reverse discrimination, and sometimes it actually is reverse discrimination. The danger, though, is that these policies that are meant to correct a problem can go too far, or they can linger too long as a matter of social habit, etc.

Liberal thinking is prone to certain types of errors, but personally I think these errors are by far the lesser evils compared to the types of errors that right-wing folks are prone to making.
You're voting against your own interests. Oh well.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You're voting against your own interests. Oh well.
And right there is my number 1 complaint about conservative regressive Republicans. They think they know my "own interests" better than I do myself. They know what my religion should be. They know what my stand on abortion and the death penalty should be. They know what different races should or shouldn't do. They know everything, and yet are the new know-nothings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies