Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 07:24 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I watched this and found it very interesting. I found it interesting that cows produce more greenhouse gases than all the cars on earth.
Are you going to alter your life a little?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 07:55 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,024,746 times
I live in cattle ranch country and the cattle are well cared for and and free range all summer they live a good life and fart less then all the people in NYC eating them.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I live in cattle ranch country and the cattle are well cared for and and free range all summer they live a good life and fart less then all the people in NYC eating them.
This about resource consumption, land use, and sustainability.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244 View Post
If you give me a cheeseburger, I'll watch your video..
I guess you don't care about social issues like you claim you do. By the way, you should aim to the like the producers that made that video.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:20 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Lightbulb Hillary is first presidential candidate to run while under federal investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
No one is responding to this thread, because no one knows what I am talking about. This is how little known this subject matter is.
I saw the subject and thought this was another Hillary bashing thread. Like Canklesorus.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Probably not, but it's still interesting. We are past the point (too many people) where videos can have enough of an impact to change the way society operates.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:44 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
do you understand that prices are signals that are used to determine usage of resources? i.e. cheap, subsidized, price controlled water= waste, increased usage, misallocation

Old 04-02-2016, 09:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
You need to educate yourself. Water is not the only resource or issue associated with meat production.

Cattle produce SIGNIFICANTLY MORE global greenhouse emission than ALL cars, trains, ships, airplanes combined. And, 91% of the deforestation OF the Amazon forest are used for agriculture. These are just a couple of the examples.
You are ignoring one major fact in the Amazon........most of the damage was done by illegal practices......NO damage is done by the cows themselves. Lies seem to travel faster than FACTS!

Why don't you ask the country in charge what they are doing........in America we don't have plowed under forest or ranchers not taking care of their cattle.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ased-one-third
The razing of forests is a major contributor to the emissions that drive climate change. Trees provide a vital store of carbon, as well as providing livelihoods for a billion people. But deforestation has more than doubled in Indonesia, Paraguay, Malaysia and Cambodia, largely due to illegal logging.
In the Amazon, the use of satellite data has helped the government slash deforestation by 80% since 2003-4 by allowing police to pinpoint illegal activity in the vast forest, which is bigger than western Europe. But the 5,800km2 in 2012-13 was a 28% increase on the record-low in the previous year.
Paulo Adario, leader of Greenpeace's Amazon campaign, said the spike was scandalous: "The government can't be surprised by this increase in deforestation, given that their own action is what's pushing it. The change in the Forest Code and the resulting amnesty for those who illegally felled the forest sent the message that such crimes have no consequences."

Brazil has demanded funding from rich nation's to cut deforestation and has been sensitive to criticism of its effort to develop and improve the living standards of its 200 million people. In 2009, the then president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said: "I don't want any gringo asking us to let an Amazon resident die of hunger under a tree. We want to preserve, but they will have to pay the price for this preservation because we never destroyed our forest like they mowed theirs down a century ago."

Old 04-03-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We want to preserve, but they will have to pay the price for this preservation because we never destroyed our forest like they mowed theirs down a century ago."
Who mowed down their won tropical forest a century ago?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
do you understand that prices are signals that are used to determine usage of resources? i.e. cheap, subsidized, price controlled water= waste, increased usage, misallocation
We need to increase meat prices or not subsidize these farms then. Or make them pay for medical expenses associated with eating too much meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies