Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:52 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Many many others take pain medication and have no problems, I myself have stopped taking oxycodone...... I hope you never have to endure or watch a loved one endure the never ending pain I have had to suffer with for many years.
I am watching it daily... Trust me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when will we blame government for so many of the problems they cause, just like the country blamed big tobacco.
Never beacuse we keep electing people and never hold them accountable. For the simplest of things we make a huge mountain out of it instead of just indicting, ie Hillarys email.. She is so above the law, and we cant even hold her accountable for the server and email stuff
So, Never ever ever will we be as serious as some countrys, like Romania. Look what they did in the 80's..

Old 04-04-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailmotion View Post
For the sake of greater accuracy: sure, lawyers may be to blame for bringing the cases, but it is JURORS who render the verdicts. When juries stop rewarding plaintiffs because they placed a hot cup of coffee on their lap and burned their genitalia, or because they became "addicted" to pain meds taking the pills like M&M's for excessively long periods of time, only then will the lawyers refuse to take the case.

And I absolutely agree - when parents teach their kids accountability, it is more likely those kids will recognize the proper party who screwed up.
But, when it comes to holding elected officials accountable, there is no jurys, per sey.. We cant even indite someone without it being a major government shutdown and millions of dollars..

Old 04-05-2016, 07:47 AM

131 posts, read 112,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
But, when it comes to holding elected officials accountable, there is no jurys, per sey.. We cant even indite someone without it being a major government shutdown and millions of dollars..
There are 2 parts to this problem:

1) there most certainly are "juries" when it comes to elected officials - that's you and me (and the rest of the voting-age citizens [and non-citizens, if the Democrats have their way]). And the way we render a "verdict" is by voting. Unfortunately, much like my trial analogy, voters are buying politicians BS more and more, leading us down a very dangerous path.

2) Thereafter, the problems that are created within government are the result of those unscrupulous politicians "we" elected in the first place. Of course Hillary is not getting indicted by a Justice Department [and I use that term loosely] created and controlled by Obama. However, if a Republican had done exactly the same thing Hillary did, you can bet the Subpoena would have spontaneously combusted with the speed with which it would have been issued. [And the same applies if it was in reverse.]

As you've already stated, the cure begins in the home where children are taught "accountability". When people start taking responsibility for their own errors and transgressions, they can begin to expect the same from others and a higher standard develops. Then, and only then, will bad behavior not be the norm and routinely accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies