Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:14 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

We appreciate the concern but don't worry about it for the sake of North Carolina. What people do not seem to realize is that when you do what is right there will be criticism from sinful people. That has happened throughout history. Maybe if those people stay away we can better travel on our roads. North Carolina will have plenty of travel from good people. We just want our state to always be welcoming and safe to all children and their parents. In other words, we don't need for men who don't feel comfortable in the restroom they should use to feel it is legal for them to invade the ladies restroom.

The Charlotte city council ignored the feelings and safety of women and children and made it legal for men to go into the women's restroom. We appreciate our legislature's actions to stop their insane law. There was never a need for any restroom law in the first place. Most people in our state are orderly, considerate people and can live among ourselves without directions from nanny Charlotte city council. All they did was cause a lot of trouble and I think they will reap the reward for their actions. Nobody else seems to be concerned about it.

The whole thing is about politics. I love it when people get what they deserve.

"Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession."

Last edited by NCN; 04-01-2016 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 08:18 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Because NC is a backwards, ignorant part of America, where equal rights are guarantied to all and the homophobic, inbred, corrupt, religious extremist politicians have made a knee jerk law intended to cause great harm to a tiny minority of people.

Until very recently, I am not aware of any place (outside of liberal colleges) that allowed people to use the public restroom that did not correspond to their biological gender. But now that North Carolina has codified this social norm in their laws, they're suddenly causing great harm to a tiny minority of people?

Here's a clever idea: why doesn't that tiny minority of people suck it up and deal with it, instead of trying to force their deviant views on the rest of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
North Carolina passed laws restricting the rights of gay American's.
They've done no such thing. Gay and lesbian Americans in North Carolina will continue to enjoy the right to use the public restroom that corresponds to their biological gender.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:19 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Why would one of the 50 US states want to adopt, just the other day, discriminatory policies that the US has been trying to get rid of for 50 years in one of our Caribbean neighbors, where arguably, what they do is not our business? That's the better question; in short, what's wrong with NC?
Absolutely nothing!

Old 04-01-2016, 08:20 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I don't expect any straight answers: hypocrisy is a tough box to argue your way out of.

They have a "religion" contrarian unto itself.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:21 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
I'm willing to bet very few that are complaining about the law in NC have ACTUALLY read it!

Old 04-01-2016, 08:24 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We appreciate the concern but don't worry about it for the sake of North Carolina. What people do not seem to realize is that when you do what is right there will be criticism from sinful people. That has happened throughout history. Maybe if those people stay away we can better travel on our roads. North Carolina will have plenty of travel from good people. We just want our state to always be welcoming and safe to all children and their parents.
I will be bringing my son on a visit to North Carolina this coming summer. We're very much looking forward to it, and seeing your governor take a stand for what is right makes me feel all the better about coming. And when nature calls, I will feel better knowing that your state has enough common sense to put into law what everyone (well, almost everyone) already knows: the boy's bathroom is for the people with the dangly bits, and the girl's bathroom is for the people without them.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I feel for you.
Ok. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:51 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
A boycott wouldn't really do much in Cuba. They've managed this long without the US as it is.

North Carolina, however, is a bit more reliant on the business of American companies and people. And the boycott worked on Georgia, so there's reason to think it can work in NC too.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
A boycott wouldn't really do much in Cuba. They've managed this long without the US as it is.

North Carolina, however, is a bit more reliant on the business of American companies and people. And the boycott worked on Georgia, so there's reason to think it can work in NC too.
Oh, it WILL work in North Carolina. You can best believe that.

When it comes to the dollar, they'll toss that Bible out REAL quick.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:59 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We appreciate the concern but don't worry about it for the sake of North Carolina. What people do not seem to realize is that when you do what is right there will be criticism from sinful people. That has happened throughout history. Maybe if those people stay away we can better travel on our roads. North Carolina will have plenty of travel from good people. We just want our state to always be welcoming and safe to all children and their parents. In other words, we don't need for men who don't feel comfortable in the restroom they should use to feel it is legal for them to invade the ladies restroom.

The Charlotte city council ignored the feelings and safety of women and children and made it legal for men to go into the women's restroom. We appreciate our legislature's actions to stop their insane law. There was never a need for any restroom law in the first place. Most people in our state are orderly, considerate people and can live among ourselves without directions from nanny Charlotte city council. All they did was cause a lot of trouble and I think they will reap the reward for their actions. Nobody else seems to be concerned about it.

The whole thing is about politics. I love it when people get what they deserve.

"Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession."
But what if corporations your state depends on leaves your state. People are out of jobs and your economy goes downhill. Then what. Oh but your roads will be clear. Yeah, I guess people do get what they deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies