Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Great News!

A Judge Ruled Thursday That Gay Couples In Mississippi Can Now Adopt Children. That State Was The Last "Hold Out" As It Is Last In Most Parameters Within The United States Of America.

Same-Sex Couples Can Now Adopt Children In All 50 States

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5772B13C
A good ruling IHMO. I've always supported allowing gay couples to adopt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 04:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:

Most Gay People Work For A Living Like "Regular" People.
Some of us even wear the uniform and the badge and keep you safe! -- Officer Clark

Old 04-05-2016, 04:46 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Some of us even wear the uniform and the badge and keep you safe! -- Officer Clark
Philadelphia PD? Well...

Old 04-05-2016, 04:48 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
So, how many mentally handicapped black crack babies have you adopted?

Old 04-05-2016, 04:56 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
And We THANK YOU Clark For Your Public Service And Protecting Law Abiding Citizens.

I Meanwhile Served In Skilled & Rehabilitation Nursing My Entire Life Helping Those Who Are: Sick/Infirm/Old/Injured/Crippled & Born With Congenital Defects Etcetera.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:55 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,588 times
Quote:
And We THANK YOU Clark For Your Public Service And Protecting Law Abiding Citizens.

I Meanwhile Served In Skilled & Rehabilitation Nursing My Entire Life Helping Those Who Are: Sick/Infirm/Old/Injured/Crippled & Born With Congenital Defects Etcetera.
I agree, thank you Officer Clark for all of the hard work you do keeping people safe, and you too PITTS for helping people who really need it. Both of you are awesome!

Old 04-05-2016, 08:59 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Well, I chose to post it because there have not been very many large studies done on this subject. The Family Research Counsil website is just parroting the study done by Mark Regnerus, an associate professor of sociology at The University of Texas at Austin, making it available for free public view. It was the largest study done on this subject to date, with almost 1 million in funding. Most studies done before had a very small pool of subjects, gays adopting children are not all that common, it's difficult to find a large pool to study. Given that this is a larger study, that it was done not all that long ago in 2012, I tend to give it some weight. More studies will surely be done in the future, when there are larger numbers of gays with adopted children to study.

I would tend to think this study may have some merit, many gays tend to live in urban inner city areas where kids may have a harder time growing up. Gays are often involved in transitory relationships and new partners drift in and out of their lives (this could leave kids more vulnerable to abuse), in fact, the gay parent may often be just a single parent household for much of the child's upbringing, and single parent households are worse for kids. I'm not so sure lesbian couples would always have higher income as gay males are sometimes noted for having. The study points out many lesbians are on welfare, and it stands to reason they would have the same problems single parent women would have with lower income/poverty. Gay males with multiple partners may very well open the door for abuse of their children that would not be as common with hetero couples, whom tend to be more monogamous in relationships.

Oh, and the poster that says the other kids will give them a hard time for having gay parents, I believe this to be true and a valid reason against gays adopting kids. How is that going to play out with the kid playing sports and the 2 moms or 2 dads are cheering on the kid in the stands, trying to play it off as normal parents. The kid would have some fighting to do in the locker room, you could bet on that one. Kids are very cruel.

Kids are born innocent. Kids learn from their parents. If parents badmouth them and say it's not normal then you can bet their kids would too. But if parents explain that it's not a big deal and normal for some, then you can bet their kids wouldn't have a problem and happily accept them. So please don't blame it on the kids. There are a few same sex couples with kids in my community. They are parents just like the rest of us. Other kids don't care. In fact no one cares.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:37 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I agree, thank you Officer Clark for all of the hard work you do keeping people safe, and you too PITTS for helping people who really need it. Both of you are awesome!
Why Thank You Jay!

Public Service Jobs Are Often Thankless....But Deep Inside You Know You are Helping Your Fellow Human Beings!

No Matter How Many Times They Scream & Hit You.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies