Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:31 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I wish we could do a study of bullys in school or biased kids-- to show who the parents are and what they believe in-even party affiliation although sometimes dad n mom diff -- most kids just want to play or hang out
Actually I think kids are more cruel than adults in nature, on average.
When I was a kid I killed ladybugs without a blink, but now I do not do that.

Kids do not fully understand pain and death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:59 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I found this link very informative, and it seems to support your claims as it shows a much higher abuse rate among kids with gay parents. I have been reading various studies done on this subject and find them to be very discouraging for the outcomes of these kids, compared to heterosexual parents. Another study mentioned figures of around a 30% chance (much higher than normal) that the kids will turn out gay, as compared to less than 10% with hetero parents. This pretty much proves for many children, being gay is a learned behavior one chooses or is influenced into, and not always something biological that you are born with like gays would like you to believe.

Check out the link and scroll down to the "What the study found" section. Shocking.

Family Research Council
Family Research Council is a registered anti-gay hate group and is NOT a place I would look for unbiased information. It's like fundamentalist Christians who get their "facts" about separation of church and state from David Barton. It sounds good because it affirms what they want to believe, but it isn't true.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:02 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Southern Poverty Law Center › group › f...
The Family Research Council (FRC) bills itself as “the leading voice for the family in our nation’s halls of power,” but its real specialty is defaming gays and lesbians. ... The FRC often makes false claims about the LGBT community based on discredited research and junk science ...

These people have an agenda so.... I don't put any stock in the trash that they regurgitate in an attempt to discredit gays and lesbians.
Exactly. Every "study" they put out is biased to support a view that homosexuals are dangerous to society and that homosexuality is a choice.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:02 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Even with this news.....I'm still against abortion.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:40 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
I think that's too many children for one couple, not to mention the logistics of getting them all ready for school each day.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I would not want gay parents. Think about what other kids say in school.

I Do & Have. Kids ONLY REPEAT What Their Parents & Society Teaches Them!

Kids Don't CARE They Are Loving/Accepting. Adults Teach Them To Hate & Judge/Ridicule Others!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz7_J2D3uw4

Old 04-04-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
They are normal parents. I've had kids with gay parents in my classroom every year for over a decade. For the vast majority of their peers, it isn't an issue. Don't project your own prejudices on others and claim to speak for them.
Good Shot Right Across "The Bow'!

Old 04-04-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
The only problem I have with this is that some gay couples who are professionals have a lot of disposable income...which means they can hire hot shot lawyers who can get their way in a court of law. Which leaves poor straight people at a disadvantage and makes them vulnerable when it comes to aggressive child protection agencies. Maybe some of these sweet gay couples might put some of their resources into the support of poor struggling families....Instead of adopting a child....they should adopt a whole poor family?

That Has
Just Become One Of The TOP TEN DUMBEST POSTS I've Read Here In Years As A City Data Contributor!

Congrats To You!

Old 04-04-2016, 12:48 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
That Has
Just Become One Of The TOP TEN DUMBEST POSTS I've Read Here In Years As A City Data Contributor!

Congrats To You!
Hey there are designer babies up for grabs...as a wealthy gay couple if they want an attractive blonde blue eyed child or in the alternative a mentally handicapped black crack baby? So do they want their adopted child to match their furniture? You understand what I am saying....most people who give up their kids have either had them taken away by some child protection agency....OR poor couples who just can not afford to keep them....or family break down due to stress because of social pressure - which is mostly economic.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:58 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
The only problem I have with this is that some gay couples who are professionals have a lot of disposable income...which means they can hire hot shot lawyers who can get their way in a court of law. Which leaves poor straight people at a disadvantage and makes them vulnerable when it comes to aggressive child protection agencies. Maybe some of these sweet gay couples might put some of their resources into the support of poor struggling families....Instead of adopting a child....they should adopt a whole poor family?
Yet you don't have an issue with affluent heterosexual couples adopting children in the same fashion? I am betting there are way more wealthy heterosexual couples than gay/lesbian who are seeking to adopt.
What's the difference besides pulling the sexual orientation card?

Last edited by Sydney123; 04-04-2016 at 02:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies