Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 AM

45,001 posts, read 26,154,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Do you offer goods and services to the public out of your private home?
Hello parrot.
Can you tell us why it would make a difference?

Old 04-06-2016, 11:00 AM

6,004 posts, read 3,708,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hello parrot.
Can you tell us why it would make a difference?
When the righties fail they always, without question, resort to name calling. At any rate, do I really need to spell it out for you? You can't comprehend the difference between a private residence and a business whose sole purpose is to serve the public? You really can't make that distinction on your own???

Old 04-06-2016, 12:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,555,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
FWIW, that is a blatant violation of Fair Housing Laws. The guy would be smart to get out of the business because he would be fined up the wazoo and opened up for a legal suit. You cannot deny people a place to live based on their race or on religion, both of which came up in this case. Fair Housing Centers take this sort of claim very seriously and more often than not, the complainant is usually believed over the landlord.
Agree.

On your other topic...That salesman was a moron and had no business asking how much you got on your tax refund. You shouldn't have had to explain to him that you don't receive refunds and it didn't matter if other customers were dumb enough to talk to him about their refund. If it happened to me, I wouldn't have been offended but it definitely would have p*ssed me off.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,796,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
When the righties fail they always, without question, resort to name calling. At any rate, do I really need to spell it out for you? You can't comprehend the difference between a private residence and a business whose sole purpose is to serve the public? You really can't make that distinction on your own???
Do I have to spell it out to you. There is no legitimate reason a man should lose his natural rights when he hangs up a business sign except in rare cases. How obtuse are you?

Someone will not provide you a good or service go elsewhere. I'd make an exception if a private ambulance service shows up. There government needs to insure no discrimination.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:22 PM

6,898 posts, read 4,728,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Wrong again, bud. Try doing some research on the difference between public and private.

Your primitive beliefs do not determine the laws of our land, fortunately.
The RV park is private property, therefore he can evict who he wants for what ever reason. I'm not saying I agree, but it is part of the constitution and is there to protect private home/property owners.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Oh boy. Well I for one am glad that your opinion in no way influences laws in this country, or reality.
So it's ok if someone comes into your home uninvited?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wow, this is a crazy story!

Too bad something like that happened to this couple. I would seek legal counsel from the NAACP. They probably are already looking into this for them.
Sorry, NAACP has no jurisdiction here, it is privately owned.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Unless they have something else against the couple, that's a court case that the property owner will lose. Just bear in mind that this is only telling one side of the story. It's possible that they're being evicted because of completely different reasons and the couple is pulling the race card after the fact.
Good thinking, maybe they were misbehaving.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let's not get carried away.

Frankly, they should be glad to get away from the 'neck crowd anyway.
Well, I agree with this, why would you want to be where you are not wanted, nothing but headaches.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I was willing to give the owner the benefit of the doubt. I live in a trailer park and some tenants who have been evicted have claimed racism when the reason for the eviction included not paying monthly rent, not maintaining property according to rent agreement, frequent police visits to lot, and other problems. One time two black families on separate lots were evicted at the same time. They too claimed racism. Manager had a long list of infractions, written warnings, and lastly their sons of the two families were caught vandalizing homes and committing acts of theft.

But when I read the story I agree this guy is a jerk and the couple should be thankful to not have to deal with him ever again.
I agree and all is not racism, some use it as an excuse to act like Jackasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies