Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 02:46 AM

37,091 posts, read 41,220,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The two of consequence to the thread header did. But you wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
From the activistpost link you posted, it's hard to tell how many of the people there were associated with the film itself. I guess if you pack the audience with your friends you can make it look "for 11am on a Friday, well populated".
The activistpost link you gave was for the premiere, too. The premiere was attended by the people who made the film. Many of the people there were their friends and associates. The headline for your link even states in big letters that it was the premiere. I stand by what I wrote. From your link it is not possible to tell how many people who attended the premiere were supporters of Wakefield and Hooker from the anti-vax community.

I really do not care whether there were 20 people at the first showing or 120. Big whoopdedoo. It's a trivial, silly point.

It does your position no good when you continue to argue over things that you have been shown are trivial or flat out wrong. I know you want to make a big deal out of this film. However, the people who are going to see it just want to have their anti-vax opinions validated.

The thesis that there was a big CDC coverup for which Thompson blew the whistle is false. If Thompson had reservations about the study he should have voiced them to the CDC when the study was done. He did not do so for ten years. He was suckered by Hooker into conversations he was unaware were being taped. He is conspicuously absent from the movie itself. No data were destroyed. Hooker himself was able to get the data from the CDC himself to write his botched article.

Wakefield is a fraud and a liar. Hooker wants money from the compensation fund.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:44 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
NgOrNeSyEwNaSrE, the threads aren't deleted, they're just closed because the conversations are played out.
You mean you left the threads after you tried to claim a letter from Wakefield saying he did nothing wrong was instead from the Lancet...thus exonerating him.