Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 AM

88,770 posts, read 44,594,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A lot of places already have family restrooms, why not just rename those to be inclusive of transgenders as well in places where they exist and require large businesses (malls, theaters) that build new to put them in?
How are (the almost always) private occupancy family restrooms not transgender-friendly already? They definitely post that all genders are allowed.

IF that were a viable solution, I'd agree. But in the IL school case, both the trans student and the USDoE REJECTED that solution and INSISTED that the trans student with a penis have unrestricted access to and use of the girls' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms. Apparently, a private facility isn't good enough. In the USDoE's opinion, transgender tudents MUST be allowed to exhibit their opposite sex genitalia to MINORS as they please.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:45 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A lot of places already have family restrooms, why not just rename those to be inclusive of transgenders as well in places where they exist and require large businesses (malls, theaters) that build new to put them in? I went to a gas station yesterday and they had renamed both their men's and women's bathrooms to "unisex". Problem solved for small places, but of course that doesn't work with bathrooms with more than one stall.
I agree, allow the transgenders to use the same bathrooms with both male and female transgenders, problem solved.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
So what? Just as many over the years have not and no one went into terminal melt down like Americans are won't to do over the most trivial of things.

Oh my goodness there's no door on that biffy...well I guess I'll just have to crap in my drawers like mother nature intended.

What the heck do you weeenies do out in the woods when hiking with both sexes? Go hide behind a tree with the rabid raccoon?

Cripes...someone of the opposite sex might see my pee pee........the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
I worked construction for many years, and used the woods...so don't discount or mock my beliefs please...you may not have a problem with it, doesn't make you right and me wrong....
I'm sick and tired of being belittled, due to the way I was raised to believe....

call yourself a weenie, anytime you like but to call others names due to their beliefs, is being a bully.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How are (the almost always) private occupancy family restrooms not transgender-friendly already? They definitely post that all genders are allowed.

IF that were a viable solution, I'd agree. But in the IL school case, both the trans student and the USDoE REJECTED that solution and INSISTED that the trans student with a penis have unrestricted access to and use of the girls' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms. Apparently, a private facility isn't good enough. In the USDoE's opinion, transgender tudents MUST be allowed to exhibit their opposite sex genitalia to MINORS as they please.
I have never been in one, but simply assumed that they were for parents with little kids who didn't want to leave their kids go in the bathrooms alone? Correct me if I'm wrong, please?

Old 04-21-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
So what? Just as many over the years have not and no one went into terminal melt down like Americans are won't to do over the most trivial of things.

Oh my goodness there's no door on that biffy...well I guess I'll just have to crap in my drawers like mother nature intended.

What the heck do you weeenies do out in the woods when hiking with both sexes? Go hide behind a tree with the rabid raccoon?
Pretty much, yes. I'm an avid multiple-day canoe trip enthusiast. All our gear MUST fit in our canoe, and we portage over non-navigable passes. Both sexes are present, and EVERYONE respects each other's privacy while eliminating and bathing.

Not that hard. Basic common sense.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I have never been in one, but simply assumed that they were for parents with little kids who didn't want to leave their kids go in the bathrooms alone? Correct me if I'm wrong, please?
You are correct. They're almost always single occupancy, so a trans could go in there, lock the door, and have their preference and privacy respected.

I have NO idea why that's suddenly not good enough, and trans with penises INSIST on being able to use girls'/women's facilities, and vice versa.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:00 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:

I don't know, I usually don't find myself alone in the woods near a woman who is likewise all by herself. If I did, it wouldn't bother me if she saw my pee pee but I doubt very much that she would want to drop her drawers on the other side of the tree that I was standing near. You know, seeing as I would be a complete stranger.

Do you see now why your analogy is stupid?

Quote:
Cripes...someone of the opposite sex might see my pee pee........the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Like I said, it wouldn't bother me if a woman saw my pee pee, I mean beyond the obvious probability that she would call the cops and I would be arrested for exposing myself to her.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Alright. I do not think it should be criminal in passive cases where a woman notices the difference, which is not obvious. No criminal action taken if in therapy. They still should have to leave if they are noticeable.

Target will soon realise most women will shop less because most are not going to trust restrooms.
There was recently a case where a bio woman was thrown out of a ladies room, because they thought she was a man. Should she have had to leave because she was noticeable? Someone thought she wasn't womanly enough to use the ladies room.

Most women don't have to use the restroom in every store they go to, so honestly it probably won't matter if the trust the restroom or not.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:07 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Pretty much, yes. I'm an avid multiple-day canoe trip enthusiast. All our gear MUST fit in our canoe, and we portage over non-navigable passes. Both sexes are present, and EVERYONE respects each other's privacy while eliminating and bathing.

Not that hard. Basic common sense.
Yes, we do too and typically we separate for bathing based on sex. The women would go around the bend of the river or to another cove and the men would most certainly give them their privacy.

When a person goes to the bathroom in the woods, they typically go deep into the woods to the point where they are completely obscured by trees and brush, again, a person of the opposite sex is no where nearby.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I'll post a story when it happens. There's sickos everywhere that are going to abuse this crap
There are already several cities and states that allow TG people to use the restroom that matches their identity. Where are all the stories of sickos abusing the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies