Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 11:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

In all cases where NC is being blatantly hateful, I'm 100% against it. But in this specific case, it's a lot more complicated than you're making it out to be.
Nope, it's really not. This bill has nothing to do with transgenders and bathrooms, that's just a cover up. This law will do nothing to stop actual predators (not transgender people) from walking in any bathroom they want.

This law is a direct repeal of any anti-discrimination laws protecting LGBT people in the state. It's an anti-LGBT law, and nothing more.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:56 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
does this apply to dangly parts added post op? just to be clear, under this new law, that newly added body part means he's using the girls locker room, since he was born a girl.
The GOP aren't smart enough to realize that glaring mistake. I also wonder about pending lawsuits when a post-op MTF transsexual is forced to go into the men's locker room, and is then assaulted and raped by men.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Gun regulations are useless because criminals won't obey the law,
but restroom regulations are needed because mentally ill pedophiles with uncontrollable urges will obey the law.

Got it.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:05 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The GOP aren't smart enough to realize that glaring mistake. I also wonder about pending lawsuits when a post-op MTF transsexual is forced to go into the men's locker room, and is then assaulted and raped by men.
Under GOP law Chaz Bono must use the women's restroom and Caitlyn Jenner must use the men's.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As was already pointed out earlier, this is not an LGBT issue. It's T and only T. Lesbians don't want to shower with the menfolk and gay men don't want to shower with the girls. On top of that, it is incredibly unlikely that a woman self-identifying as a man wants to shower with the boys or hang out with the boys in various states of undress. You might believe with all your heart that you're a dude, but that won't stop you from getting raped or groped or ogled in the men's shower or lockerroom anyways. If you're packing girl parts down below, I seriously doubt you wanna go there.

Let's be honest. This issue is really only about men who self-identify as women.

Sorting out which restrooms, locker rooms and showers transgenders are allowed into is a loaded issue. If you've got boy parts dangling between your legs, there's a very strong chance that women are going to be extremely uncomfortable being around you in various states of undress. And women know better than most that some men are nuts enough to lie all the day long and play a part -- just to live out their perverted fantasies.

In all cases where NC is being blatantly hateful, I'm 100% against it. But in this specific case, it's a lot more complicated than you're making it out to be.

A few years back, the head security guard where I worked was a transgender woman. We had long chats all the time. I got along very well with her and still consider her a good friend. So I do find you're presumptions about me to be absolutely hilarious.
Except for the fact that this law also removed city ordinances regarding discrimination in businesses employment and housing based on sexual orientation. This was not only about a bathroom bill.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Gun regulations are useless because criminals won't obey the law,
but restroom regulations are needed because mentally ill pedophiles with uncontrollable urges will obey the law.

Got it.
What would you think of a gun regulation that didn't allow businesses to ban guns on their premises and could place sanctions on a business owner who called the police when he thought a gun carrying patron was acting suspicious? That would be the gun equivalent to Houston's HERO ordinance.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
does this apply to dangly parts added post op? just to be clear, under this new law, that newly added body part means he's using the girls locker room, since he was born a girl.
If you've had the operation then go ahead and use whatever restroom, shower or locker room coincides with your current set of reproductive organs. Some people are going to get all weird about that too, but not me.

But I absolutely do have a problem with forcing women and girls into incredibly uncomfortable circumstances. If a boy in high school self-identifies as a girl and he gets green-lighted to shower with the girls, most if not all of the girls are going to be seriously creeped out by it. In fact, we've already seen that happen. Does that make them evil, hateful terrible people? Should we force them to be more tolerant? Should we punish them if they refuse to shower, undress and dress in the same room with somebody who is anatomically male?

As I am a man, this doesn't even affect me directly. I'm mostly just concerned for all the women that are essentially being told, "You don't have the right to be uncomfortable with this."

Old 04-06-2016, 12:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope, it's really not. This bill has nothing to do with transgenders and bathrooms, that's just a cover up. This law will do nothing to stop actual predators (not transgender people) from walking in any bathroom they want.

This law is a direct repeal of any anti-discrimination laws protecting LGBT people in the state. It's an anti-LGBT law, and nothing more.
Like I said, if any law is just blatant discrimination then let the federal courts tear it to shreds.

On the other hand, if you're saying that women must be compelled to share their restrooms, locker rooms and showers with people who are anatomically male -- well that's something I'm never going to agree with.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
what do men think goes on in a ladies room? it's not wall to wall vaginas. everyone goes in a stall with a door. good grief.

incidentally, if a woman becomes a trans and gets a penis, guess what bathroom he'll have to use according to this new law? didn't think that far ahead, huh?
Like I said, keep your penis out of the little girls room. Religion aside. How many of these freaks are walking around in the first place?

Old 04-06-2016, 12:58 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
The CEO of PayPal had a few choice words to say about this absurd law. I hope North Carolina goes broke from their bigotry. This is 400 good-paying jobs they won't get.

Read PayPal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies