Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times

Advertisements

This whole transgender bathroom law is assanine and irrelevant! Until the media made it an issue- it wasn't. Let transgenders use the bathroom of their choice- if they offend you while you are in that bathroom (you probably won't even know it unless you are looking for it!), then raise cain with them and embarass them. It's a non issue, and states should not pass laws either way on the issue.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I specifically asked what that language actually means. Are we supposed to just take the Governor's word for it? the answer provided was an outline or a summary. It had no actual meaning.

if you can't answer the question, then don't reply.
Just wondering how one can object to something one doesn't understand.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:08 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think I know anyone who has ever used PayPal.
Seriously?? One would have to live in 1954 to have never used PayPal or not know someone who has used PayPal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
This whole transgender bathroom law is assanine and irrelevant! Until the media made it an issue- it wasn't. Let transgenders use the bathroom of their choice- if they offend you while you are in that bathroom (you probably won't even know it unless you are looking for it!), then raise cain with them and embarass them. It's a non issue, and states should not pass laws either way on the issue.
Exactly. These whiners KNOW they wouldn't know if someone was transgender or not. They know it yet they still whine about it. And what's interesting is some of the posters on here have been shown a picture of Buck Angel or the other transgender guy & asked if they wouldn't have an issue if either of those two were to use the women's restroom. Guess what? No answer. None. Why? Because they know they're a bunch of hypocrites, that's why.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:11 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
another strawman question

"16. Did only Republicans vote for this bill?

Answer: No. 11 Democrats voted for this bill in the N.C. House of Representatives and no Democratic Senators voted against it. In fact, Democratic Senators walked out to avoid voting on the issue at all because many were going to vote for it and they did not want show their division."

so instead of listing out all of the D's and R's who voted for this, his reply only provides a partial view of the story. Like I said earlier, he needs a new PR firm. what a horribly written set of Q&A.

here's the actual answer. Looks quite different now

Ayes, Dem: Representative(s): Brisson; C. Graham; Floyd; G. Graham; Goodman; Hunter; L. Bell; Pierce; Salmon; W. Richardson; Wray

Ayes, GOP: Representative(s): Adams; Arp; Avila; Bishop; Blackwell; Blust; Boles; Bradford; Brawley; Brody; Bryan; Bumgardner; Burr; Catlin; Cleveland; Collins; Conrad; Daughtry; Davis; Dixon; Dobson; Dollar; Elmore; Faircloth; Ford; Fraley; Hager; Hardister; Hastings; Horn; Howard; Hurley; Iler; J. Bell; Jones; Jordan; K. Hall; L. Johnson; Lambeth; Langdon; Lewis; Malone; McElraft; McNeill; Millis; Murphy; Pittman; Presnell; R. Brown; R. Turner; Riddell; Robinson; Ross; S. Martin; Saine; Schaffer; Setzer; Shepard; Speciale; Stam; Steinburg; Stevens; Szoka; T. Moore (SPEAKER); Torbett; Warren; Watford; West; Whitmire; Yarborough; Zachary

Source: Who Voted for HB2 in North Carolina

Old 04-07-2016, 08:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Seriously?? One would have to live in 1954 to have never used PayPal or not know someone who has used PayPal.

Exactly. These whiners KNOW they wouldn't know if someone was transgender or not. They know it yet they still whine about it. And what's interesting is some of the posters on here have been shown a picture of Buck Angel or the other transgender guy & asked if they wouldn't have an issue if either of those two were to use the women's restroom. Guess what? No answer. None. Why? Because they know they're a bunch of hypocrites, that's why.
The problem is not with the transgenders. It's with those who would pretend to be in order to gain access.
I don't think that the first group are perverts, but the second group are. I don't want them near me nor my kids or grandkids.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:15 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Just wondering how one can object to something one doesn't understand.
I object to their glossing over the actual definition provided in the Governor's Q&A. It wasn't a definition of what the bill means at all. it just said it was "anti discrimination". I'm calling them out on that. good grief.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
The problem is not with the transgenders. It's with those who would pretend to be in order to gain access.
I don't think that the first group are perverts, but the second group are. I don't want them near me nor my kids or grandkids.
Because of some stupid law, Buck Angel would have to use the women's bathroom. Buck Angel would NEVER be mistaken for a woman but because of some a**backward hicks, he would have to use the women's bathroom....in theory. In reality, give us a break, of course he'd use the men's room, he looks like a man. So, who is the one setting all of this up for some "pervert" as you say to enter the women's room? I'll tell you, it's not the transgender. It's the idiots making up this foolish bills.

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
The perverts were doing it long before there was any law allowing transgenders into the room. They didn't follow the law before what makes you think they will now? AND it has always been illegal to film others or peep in these spaces.

854 posts, read 585,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Ahh once again the one-sided hypocrisy from the leftists.

And when the government pulls middle-of-the-night anti-gun bills, allows free access and publication of firearms owners home address' and personal information, make fines (oops, I mean "permit fees") for constitutionally protected rights, or have their public officials come out and publicly say that large swaths of the conservative voting base aren't welcome in states is A-OK.

Make it so pervy folks can't watch my daughter undress, ask for notification of an abortion for the father of the child, require a free ID to vote, or anything similar and they lose their minds.

First of all, paternity is not always certain. Second of all, can I ask what you hope to accomplish with this? Pregnant women are already the highest-risk group of women for female homicide. Are you trying to ensure that recently-pregnant women also join this prestigious group of women being targeted by men for murder?

Since conservative social policy can basically be summarized as "punish women," of course rational people dismiss your policies. They're not worthy of respect in most cases. There is no hypocrisy inherent in that.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:07 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
First of all, paternity is not always certain. Second of all, can I ask what you hope to accomplish with this? Pregnant women are already the highest-risk group of women for female homicide. Are you trying to ensure that recently-pregnant women also join this prestigious group of women being targeted by men for murder?

Since conservative social policy can basically be summarized as "punish women," of course rational people dismiss your policies. They're not worthy of respect in most cases. There is no hypocrisy inherent in that.
And I notice you miss the point of every single liberal policy mentioned while mentioning that women can be whores. Lovely. Exactly on my point with hypocrisy though.

Having dad notified may not be a super-duper policy, but saying that it is going to incite violence as a whole is absolutely idiotic. I notice you don't really address the concerns of women when we talk about rape/sexual assault. I guess they were asking for it? Maybe didn't check their mail (Suffolk County, NY PD says you get a 3 day notice before assault/rape/robbed/murdered so you don't need any active self defense)?

But keep using the Alinsky method of "all conservatives want to punish women" while targeting entire swaths of the population and making sweeping comments like that one. I'm sure you would be ok with it if someone said similarly regarding <insert favorite "protected group" here>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies