Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2016, 01:14 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,114,530 times

Advertisements

More fallout from this "bathroom protection" law.

Now a woman has just found out that it isn't all about bathrooms or LGBT. She just found out that her employment discrimination case won't be heard and she will have to go through federal courts.

NC woman suing for age discrimination gets caught up in HB2 bill fallout | WNCN

Old 04-07-2016, 01:25 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,531,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

Now a woman has just found out that it isn't all about bathrooms or LGBT. She just found out that her employment discrimination case won't be heard and she will have to go through federal courts.

how can this be?? The Governor issued a Q&A saying..........

"2. Does this bill take away existing protections for individuals in North Carolina?

Answer: No. In fact, for the first time in state history, this law establishes a statewide anti-discrimination policy in North Carolina which is tougher than the federal government’s. This also means that the law in North Carolina is not different when you go city to city.
"

‘Myths vs Facts’ about House Bill 2 released by NC Gov. Pat McCrory’s office | myfox8.com

this Q&A is a joke.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:30 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,683,373 times
Quote:

Well good. The sooner that anti-discriminatory part of that bill gets nixxed the better.

While I agree with keeping the penises out of the ladies room, it's pretty obvious that much of the rest of the NC law is garbage.Wouldn't it be nice if lawmakers all across America stopped pulling this "package deal" crap with legislation?

Old 04-07-2016, 01:48 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,719,374 times
It's truly hard to believe the SH (stunning hypocrisy) by PayPal over this issue.

Do they really think that we don't know that they conduct business with dozens of countries in which gays are tortured and killed (something no one is advocating here)?

Apparently that IS what they think--and they've lost all credibility on this issue. It's all about jumping on the PC bandwagon.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:57 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,464,107 times
Quote:

Whoever decided what the main narrative about this law would be --- bathrooms for transgender people --- failed to identify what some of us felt all along were the more dastardly parts of the law.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:01 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,114,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Whoever decided what the main narrative about this law would be --- bathrooms for transgender people --- failed to identify what some of us felt all along were the more dastardly parts of the law.
They knew exactly what they were doing. They were pointing to the boogie man while covering up the real meat of the law.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,487,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It's truly hard to believe the SH (stunning hypocrisy) by PayPal over this issue.

Do they really think that we don't know that they conduct business with dozens of countries in which gays are tortured and killed (something no one is advocating here)?

Apparently that IS what they think--and they've lost all credibility on this issue. It's all about jumping on the PC bandwagon.
You mean the hypocrisy of cons who are up in arms over Cuba but are mum when it comes to China, one of the worst offenders of human rights? Is that the hypocrisy you mean?

Old 04-07-2016, 03:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,778,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Why does not a News commentator call them out on this? What happened to the hard nosed journalistic of yore biffing away at hypocrisy?

Old 04-07-2016, 04:07 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,617,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The problem is not with the transgenders. It's with those who would pretend to be in order to gain access.
I don't think that the first group are perverts, but the second group are. I don't want them near me nor my kids or grandkids.
Boy, you could make the exact same argument for gun control and just about anything where a small group of people are bad actors.

"The problem is not with the average gun owners. It's with those who would use guns to commit crimes. I don't think the first group are bad people, but the second group is. I don't want criminals with guns near me nor my kids or grandkids so let's ban guns."

"The problem is not with the average black person. It's with those who are criminals. I don't think the first group are bad people, but the second group is. I don't want them near me nor my kids or grandkids so let's bring back segregation."

Somehow a few bad people who the new law is not going to stop anyway justifies at best inconveniencing and humiliating a much larger group. Do you honestly think for a second that a pervert who is already breaking laws against peeping is going to stop and say, "Well, I guess I can't do that anymore. I'm not allowed in the womens' restroom."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I can also end my PayPal services since they are OK with putting women and children at risk from predators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I'm ending my paypal account too. I stand with the State of North Carolina! Good Job!
And just how much have either of you paid in PayPal fees? Remember, it's the receiver of the money who pays.

Last edited by Hesster; 04-07-2016 at 04:22 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,776,686 times
Default Tossed from the bedroom, GOPs fight over toilets

After lossing the bedroom war GOP States have focused on keeping transgendered children from the bathroom of their choice.

South Carolina is the latest State trying to join the trend: SC bill: Ban transgender people from choosing their bathroom | The Kansas City Star

Why?

Has there been a sudden rash of attacks by school children against girls in school bathrooms?

No.

Have there been any attacks by school boys "pretending" to claim they are really female?

No.

So what is really going on? Why the sudden attack against 0.3% of the population. Even in a big school perhaps no more than 3 students are transgender.

What is the real GOP purpose here?

Isn't it to just exploit the fears of the ignorant to get them to the polls?

Shame .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.