Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 05:05 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times

Advertisements

So lets give the GOP the rope to hang itself yet again.

Yeah!

Lets make sure the platform committee spends days debating the exact wording.

Lets be sure the GOP delegates are banned from using all toilets at the convention center unless they bring their birth certificates.

Lets make sure this is the number one talked about issue at every church service and everyone knows to GOP.

Hey National Organization for Marriage (NOM)!

Did you change your name yet to National Organiation for Toilets (NOT)?

A vote for your GOP is a vote against this affront to society!

Old 04-07-2016, 05:18 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
One thing really good came from this SC proposed bill.

SC Gov. Haley: Transgender bathroom bill not needed | The State

SC Gov. Haley came out against this bullc...p right away.

She proved she has more Presidential material than all of the GOP candidates that were in that clown car last year.

“I don’t believe it’s necessary,” Haley told reporters. Problem? “There’s not one instance that I’m aware of."

Last edited by pbmaise; 04-07-2016 at 05:37 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 09:15 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If I owned a business and saw a man hanging around and entering the women's restroom, I'd monitor him. In Houston, had HERO, become law, that man could just claim he identified as a woman at that time and have the ability to trigger government sanctions against me had I walked up to him and asked why he was going in the women's restroom of my establishment.

If you had a young daughter, and she entered the women's restroom and then a man entered it right after, would it trigger anything for you?
A rapist could do that now, nor is a woman on a bathroom door going to stop them. Also, why is your young daughter going to the bathroom alone?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What really puts them at more risk? Letting transgendered "women" into the ladies' room or forcing someone who looks like this:

One tweet that shows a huge problem with North Carolina's anti-transgender bathroom law - Vox

To use the ladies' room?

Someone who looks like a lady using the ladies' room - how are you ever going to know it's a guy? You going to do an equipment check before they walk in there?

Someone who looks like that has a vagina and it`s everyone else`s problem?

Old 04-08-2016, 04:50 AM

599 posts, read 401,313 times
Don't agree with the law change though PayPal does do business in many countries that execute those in the LGBT community. This is hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:06 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Don't agree with the law change though PayPal does do business in many countries that execute those in the LGBT community. This is hypocrisy at its finest.
Situational morality often fails miserably. I never understand why giant global corporations even make these efforts. They are calculated publicity stunts but the backlash is a risky side effect.

Even as individuals we can't pull situational morality off well. I know I'm in a constant battle with my own hypocrisy.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:31 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
What laws and "constitutionally protected acts" are you even referring to?

And what is the uproar exactly? Businesses are sovereign entities, or did you forget the nature of capitalism? If a business does not want to have a redneck workforce, they don't have to. If conservatives want to elect rednecks as their representatives, they can deal with the repercussions of that (businesses not wanting to do business there). Actions are not without consequences. They voted for this guy and largely appear to defend his policies so they can reap the consequences of that.
So all conservatives are rednecks too.

Wow you are the epitome of peace and tolerance.

So we should require business' to allow transgenders (and whomever 'feels' like being a different gender that day) to use whatever restroom they want and require business' to accommodate that? Is that your point here?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:42 AM

198 posts, read 508,095 times
Some days I identify as a cat. Will the state of NC provide me with a litter box to take a dump in? Some days a male cat and some day a female cat and some days a neutered cat. Where will they put my liter box! Life used to be simple, now it's so confusing.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:44 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
come to Florida baby-- we need the jobs

Old 04-08-2016, 08:02 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The perverts were doing it long before there was any law allowing transgenders into the room. They didn't follow the law before what makes you think they will now? AND it has always been illegal to film others or peep in these spaces.
And transgender bathroom/shower/locker room equality laws make it a lot easier for perverts to get into the ladies room and a lot harder to get caught. No longer is finding out that a "woman" with a penis is in the ladies room enough to investigate. Not anymore. Now they've got a right to be there. Now you have to catch them in the act of doing something wrong and work your way around "it was just an accident" or "I must have bumped the camera button on my phone by accident. How was I to know what it was pointing at?" and other such scenarios. I've taken accidental photos on my phone several times. Plausible deniability right there.

Now what happens to the guys who actually do get caught dressed up in drag and peeping? Since some biological men do have the right to be there, you either have to monitor the crap out of every prior offender and every ladies room or prior offenders are going to keep on doing the same thing over and over and over again. You can't lock a peeping perv up for life after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies