Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:28 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The person in that photo was born a woman, and still has female genitalia. That is why he is required to use the ladies room under this law.
So, where's the problem?

Quote:
There are transgenders that have fully transitioned that still have birth certificates that have their birth sex on them. So under this law they would be required to use the restroom of their birth even if they have opposite genitalia.
Such persons need to apply for a new birth certificate:
Quote:
§ 130A-118

"A written request from an individual is received by the State Registrar to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery."

North Carolina will then issue a new birth certificate.
https://trans.uncc.edu/content/north...-gender-marker

Old 04-10-2016, 05:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, where's the problem?

So you don't care if that person uses the women's room. And since you believe that, then you support men using women's restrooms.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Does that person look male or female?
You can't seriously be implying that there are no masculine looking women or feminine looking men, are you?

I've already posted the problem with trans persons who have the opposite genitalia using school locker rooms, showers, and restrooms, but the problem goes beyond that to other places where MINORS could be exposed to felony indecent exposure (codified as such due to age of victim), as well... park district sports facilities locker rooms and showers, public park pool changing facilities and showers, state park campground restrooms and shower facilities, etc., etc.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
So you don't care if that person uses the women's room. And since you believe that, then you support men using women's restrooms.
Female genitalia. She's not a man.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Female genitalia. She's not a man.
You have no idea what genitalia a person has. You condone men using women's restrooms.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
So, where's the problem?

You see no problem with a bald tattooed muscular male identifying person using the ladies room?
You don't think this may cause an issue?

Not all state allow changes to birth certificates, and you have to go to the state you were born in to change them.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:45 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
The NBA (and Bruce Springsteen, and anyone else or any corporation who/that was stupid enough to step on this landmine) has a HUGE public relations problem on their hands.

See my posts in the Bruce Springsteen thread to understand why.

Start with this post and continue reading:

//www.city-data.com/forum/43665766-post194.html

To the libs and LGBTs everywhere: You know how that saying goes..."I think everybody is crazy except you and me and sometimes I have doubts about you"...?

Well, I think the whole world is crazy, and I have no doubts about most of you. This should never have become the issue that you have made it.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
There have been far more republican lawmakers that have gotten in trouble for their bathroom antics, than there have been trans people.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what genitalia a person has. You condone men using women's restrooms.
I've explained my position quite clearly. The issue IS INDEED felony indecent exposure and the sexual abuse of MINORS as codified by nearly every state (due to the occurrence on school grounds and/or the victims' age). Conviction requires lifetime registration as a child sex offender.

And I'm FAR from the only one who is aware of this info. There are a LOT of parents of school kids who are SPITTING angry over this. How DARE any government agency strip away parents' MINOR children's right to NOT be exposed to FELONY indecent exposure while in their own schools.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

To the libs and LGBTs everywhere: You know how that saying goes..."I think everybody is crazy except you and me and sometimes I have doubts about you"...?

Well, I think the whole world is crazy, and I have no doubts about most of you. This should never have become the issue that you have made it.
It will backfire. BIG time.

You see, parents aren't too keen on having their MINOR kids FORCED to involuntarily submit to FELONY indecent exposure while in their own school, in their own community park district facilities, in state park/campground facilities, etc., ALL supported by the taxes they pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies