Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Uh what ?
Psst......he used an icon!

Her apology letter was not much of an apology.......hopefully Banks has time for court.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Response from Palin here...

and then they say Trump was anti women? Wow....
How pathetic this woman is....an insult to all women...

Old 04-06-2016, 08:22 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I expect that by now the NFL has lined up Banks to provide the half-time show for next year's Stuperbowl.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Gotta love how the liberal scumbags are trying Soft Peddle this POS's Ghetto Trash comments of wishing a violent attack on another woman in vividly gory detail.

All the while tacitly implying the potential victim of this threat laden attack just might be deserving.
not unexpected at all.

palin is threatening to sue.

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/azea...010637062.html
Azealia Banks has apologized. Almost.

On Tuesday, the rapper issued a lengthy statement on her Tumblr, saying sorry for causing Sarah Palin "any emotional distress or reputational scarring," for her profanity-laden Twitter rant.

Although Banks, 24, did offer the former Alaska governor her "sincerest apology," the post was laden with further insults to Palin and her family – including her daughter Bristol Palin.

In a P.S. note in the statement, Banks added, "If Bristol Palin listened to my music she probably wouldn't have all those cotdamn kids!!!! :-P #sis #iud #stayinschool #causeitsthebest."

Shortly after sharing her apology, Banks took to Twitter where the insults continued.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:44 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Had to go to Youtube to watch a couple of her videos and see who the hell she even was. Ms Banks hit all the low points in her rants, including advocating violence against a woman and racial stereotyping:

Rapper: Sarah Palin Should Be Gang-Raped | The Daily Caller
Same concept as shock rock. Say things that are egregiously offensive in your music and you sell a billion records. It's possible that this chick really is as crazy as she wants us to think she is, but I doubt it. The fact that she attacked a public figure like this is a great way of guaranteeing that everybody knows who she is. If it weren't for their shocking music, would anyone even know who Alice Cooper and Ozzie Osbourne are?

But is this sort of specific targeting acceptable? If so, is everyone okay with calls for gang-raping Muslims and Jews and blacks? Should be okay if we come up with a designated "rape a black girl" day, right? Or does it have to be in a song to be okay? Is it okay if somebody write a song about throwing Barack Obama into a US prison and setting things up so that he will be gang-raped repeatedly by groups of white prisoners? How about a shout out for gang-raping Hillary Clinton or Oprah Winfrey? Who wants hear a song about gang-raping Ellen Degeneres? Pandora's box is open and there's a ton of money to be made! Game on baby!
/END SARCASM

My point is simple: If you're liberal or liberal-leaning, you probably don't want the women on your side to be targeted like that. You probably don't want completely neutral public figures to be targeted either. So don't be a hypocrite here. Any decent human being ought to do everything in their power to denounce, boycott, shame and sabotage people who propagate such trash. This rapper chick has crossed the line, but because she chose Sarah Palin as a target, I expect nothing will be done about it. Fun times, no?

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 04-06-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 04-06-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Azealia Banks is pretty edgy, you should hear some of the other things she has said in the past. As for being raped, I wouldn't wish that on even Sarah Palin. Even though Sarah Palin is a disgusting vile women in the same boat as Ann Coulter...
Yeah this is a big part of the problem. You don't advocate going as far as Azealia Banks did, but you imply that you're almost okay with it. You imply that something less extreme would be fine with you as long as it happens to Sarah Palin or Ann Coulter.

It really is possible to disagree with somebody without wishing harm upon them.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 04-06-2016 at 09:11 AM..

Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 AM

211 posts, read 113,977 times
Why is it that Liberal celebrities never face any consequences for the vile hatred they spew online the way Conservatives do? There is no shortage of famous lefties who have been able to spout truly hateful and bigoted things towards Conservatives, Christians, etc. who don't suffer a hiccup in their careers even with that type of hate on display. And these aren't things overheard or recorded in private, this is stuff they post on purpose on social media, fully-knowing they can get away with whatever they want as long as their crosshairs are aimed at groups that aren't considered to be protected.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yeah this is a big part of the problem. You don't advocate going as far as Azealia Banks did, but you imply that you're almost okay with it. You imply that something less extreme would be fine with you as long as it happens to Sarah Palin or An Coulter.

It really is possible to disagree with somebody without wishing harm upon them.
Actually.......I think some true colors are showing and some of these people are just like the people they accuse of thinking and doing the same "hate." The real problem, they don't think they are like Azealia. Even Beyoncé is ignoring her Formation song had anything to do with hating on white people and the police.

Strange how these people want it both ways, evoke hate, but when called on it, "that is not what it really is." Some how it's those listening the are the ones misunderstanding these messengers.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:07 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You're reading too much into a simple statement. I don't know Azealia that well but I know she has said some crazy stuff. As for Sarah Palin, she is/was a politician. The retarded things Palin says has more weight than what an entertainer says...
I thought the left wants tolerance... that is what they preach to the right..yet this woman says for black men to gang rape Sarah Palin because she is politically on the right. Totally disgusting comment.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually.......I think some true colors are showing and some of these people are just like the people they accuse of thinking and doing the same "hate." The real problem, they don't think they are like Azealia. Even Beyoncé is ignoring her Formation song had anything to do with hating on white people and the police.

Strange how these people want it both ways, evoke hate, but when called on it, "that is not what it really is." Some how it's those listening the are the ones misunderstanding these messengers.
Clearly there is a serious hypocrisy problem in America. Black celebrities can hate white people all day long and that's fine and good. Atheists can spew hate towards believers without consequence.

Me, I'm all for ending all the stupid ignorant hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies