Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 PM

3 posts, read 1,798 times

Advertisements

The truth is the woman probably should leave Florida. Florida is going to experience unrecoverable economic catastrophe at some point, either because a cat 10 hurricane slams Miami or the sea swallows it or both. Florida really doesn't have much of a future and I credit Rubio for admitting as much, by saying no laws he could pass would do anything about the inevitable, so eat today for tomorrow you die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Lets see...she has to buy health insurance that is compliant with Democrat-passed Obamacare. Or she gets to pay a fine, mandated by Democrats as part of O-care. Yet she blames a Republican governor. Another clueless idiot...pretty safe to assume she's a Dem as well. Dumb as she appears to be, she should just leave Florida. California or NY should have space for her, and she'd fit in with the rest of the living dead.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
Then move. Why should Florida spend billions of dollars catering to deadbeats and mostly useless people?

If this woman left Florida, would the state lose anything of value?
When people think about Florida, they only see the retirees who have money, not the people who live on less than $1,000 a month. Many of the elderly on Medicare also are on Medicaid because they are so poor. There are waiting lists to get into affordable housing which, believe me, is not luxury living. I'm no longer in FL, but I lived & worked there for a long time.

Yes, that woman is an activist and IMHO just wanted to act out so the video would go viral. However, sometimes the outspoken need to stand up for those who don't have a voice.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Lets see...she has to buy health insurance that is compliant with Democrat-passed Obamacare. Or she gets to pay a fine, mandated by Democrats as part of O-care. Yet she blames a Republican governor. Another clueless idiot...pretty safe to assume she's a Dem as well. Dumb as she appears to be, she should just leave Florida. California or NY should have space for her, and she'd fit in with the rest of the living dead.
That's not true. Only people who have taxable income pay a fine, but it is only deducted from your refund or future refunds. Nobody gets a bill from the IRS for Obamacare.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:34 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkropdosl View Post
The truth is the woman probably should leave Florida. Florida is going to experience unrecoverable economic catastrophe at some point, either because a cat 10 hurricane slams Miami or the sea swallows it or both. Florida really doesn't have much of a future and I credit Rubio for admitting as much, by saying no laws he could pass would do anything about the inevitable, so eat today for tomorrow you die.

Employees from the Department of Transportation, Department of Health and South Florida Water Management District say they were told not to use ‘climate change’ and ‘global warming.’ Gov. Rick Scott denies the allegations. Rubio and TRICKY RICKY [LEFT]
Read more here: Gov. Rick Scott
[/LEFT]

Old 04-06-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's not true. Only people who have taxable income pay a fine, but it only is deducted from your refund. Nobody gets a bill from the IRS for Obamacare.
Not completely true. They can only seize it from your refund, but that doesn't mean you don't owe it, or that they won't come after you in the future. They also can seize it from future year's refunds.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do not know about her- but Id get rid of all those transplants if I could - snow bird visit but keep your traps shut
Many snowbirds live in Florida at least 6 months and a day to avoid paying taxes to their home state.

I DK where most snow birds tend to vote by absentee ballot.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Employees from the Department of Transportation, Department of Health and South Florida Water Management District say they were told not to use ‘climate change’ and ‘global warming.’ Gov. Rick Scott denies the allegations. Rubio and TRICKY RICKY [LEFT]
Read more here: Gov. Rick Scott
[/LEFT]
Could be worse. Some idiot could have told them not to use the words Islamic Terrorism.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:38 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's not true. Only people who have taxable income pay a fine, but it only deducted from your refund or future refunds. Nobody gets a bill from the IRS for Obamacare.

all depends on what they file-dependents etc etc everybody be different

the facts-
For tax year 2015, the ACA penalty is 2% of your household's annual taxable income, or $325 per adult and $162.50 per child, to a maximum of $975. For tax year 2016, the penalty will rise to 2.5% of your income, or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, to a maximum of $2,085.Dec 16, 2015

The IRS will hold back the amount of the fee from any future tax refunds. There are no liens, levies, or criminal penalties for failing to pay the fee.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not completely true. They can only seize it from your refund, but that doesn't mean you don't owe it, or that they won't come after you in the future. They also can seize it from future year's refunds.
I guess you quoted me before I added "or future refunds."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies