Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 03:02 PM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
A 15hr job costs the employer quite a bit more due to employers required things he/she has to buy into. Shirt term, long term disability, insurance. There is an overhead associated with hiring a person. 15/hr here is approximately 55/hr cost to employrr.
To add Social Security and workman's compensation the employer has to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 03:03 PM

7,443 posts, read 5,707,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The unfortunate reality of those stuck in low paying jobs.

What life is like on $7.25 per hour - LA Times
I guess I am confused as to why these people are not working all these great Obama Jobs? I also confused as to why someone with a degree is working a job that was normally filled by part time high school kids. Minimum wage is for minimum skills no?

If someone get double the amount per hour ($15.00) to flip a burger I want $145.00 an hour since all things are relative no?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,280,116 times
Quote:
Math is not your strong point. 10 more dollars an hour is a huge difference in pay. You state, if they cant afford a 15/hr how are they going to afford 5/hr. Well, 5/hr would be 3 employees vice 1 for 15/hr. ,
We are not going to agree. You have a nice day and I hope when you open your own business you will pay everyone way over their worth.. Business cost allot to run, and they arent charities, which most liberals think they should be..
My fault, I didn't realize a ten dollar bill was a lot of money to you.

So if you think a business isn't a charity, then why do you think the taxpayers have to subsidize a business's employment? Are the taxpayers a charity for business?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"That is true, most jobs are worth more than $15/hr."

Maybe in Portland Or. but, that does NOT mean the same job in say, Al, or NC, or other states is worth $15 an hour.

Cost of living is different in EVERY part of the country.

One size does NOT fit all.
Oh I am sure in right wing states, the value of an employee is a lot less. As they say in right wing states, if you can take advantage of an employee, then you should.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:12 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,489,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
My fault, I didn't realize a ten dollar bill was a lot of money to you.

So if you think a business isn't a charity, then why do you think the taxpayers have to subsidize a business's employment? Are the taxpayers a charity for business?
You really are stretching things a bit. What is your companys profit margin? How many employees do you employ? You seem to be very wealthy and unafraid to pay someone 15/hr. Good for you.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You really are stretching things a bit. What is your companys profit margin? How many employees do you employ? You seem to be very wealthy and unafraid to pay someone 15/hr. Good for you.
What is your company info? None of which I am discussing with some random person online.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Oh I am sure in right wing states, the value of an employee is a lot less. As they say in right wing states, if you can take advantage of an employee, then you should.
Right wing states think their employees are of less value. Proof.
How about when Nancy Pelosi stopped minimum wage increase that would have affected her husbands company.. She is pretty left. You liberals are pretty hypocritical.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
What is your company info? None of which I am discussing with some random person online.
Deflect and deny. The mold in your basement getting to you?. Answer my questions.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Right wing states think their employees are of less value. Proof.
How about when Nancy Pelosi stopped minimum wage increase that would have affected her husbands company.. She is pretty left. You liberals are pretty hypocritical.
Sure, you can find hypocrites on the left as well. But from the post I was commenting on, I think you are smart enough to understand what I was talking about without having to explain it to you.

Quote:
Deflect and deny. The mold in your basement getting to you?. Answer my questions.
You first, post on the internet all your company's information, profit margins, and staffing. I'll wait.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Sure, you can find hypocrites on the left as well. But from the post I was commenting on, I think you are smart enough to understand what I was talking about without having to explain it to you.

You first, post on the internet all your company's information, profit margins, and staffing. I'll wait.
I dont own a company, but am familiar with bidding on contracts. And it costs a company allot of money to hire an employee to do work. 15/hr plus all the other costs associated with employing someone, whether union, different state, wage determination, or even male/female plays a part in overall costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies