Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Most couples start off rough. Especially those who didn't come from wealthy backgrounds. And the Clintons did struggle financially, and Hillary Clinton knows what it is like to struggle financially. My entire point.
Define struggling financially.

They at no time struggled with income while Bill was governor as you stated. They at no point as a married couple had an income in the bottom half of the country.

Hillary drew a salary adjusting for inflation that would be 6 figures from 1979 forward just from her lawyer profession and not looking at her big wig Walmart and other corporate positions. How was she struggling with income as a Full Partner at a prestigious law firm?

You cover for Hillary's lies by pretending that they had an inflation adjusted income of over $500,000 in 1992 only because she sold a home...you are ignoring that that isn't counted in that number and that they had an inflation adjusted income of around $500,000 for at least the 3 years leading up to the White House.

The next time you get frustrated with a Trump supporter who adheres to Trump lies in the face of facts...look in the mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:53 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
She should have jumped the turnstile.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Define struggling financially.

They at no time struggled with income while Bill was governor as you stated. They at no point as a married couple had an income in the bottom half of the country.

Hillary drew a salary adjusting for inflation that would be 6 figures from 1979 forward just from her lawyer profession and not looking at her big wig Walmart and other corporate positions. How was she struggling with income as a Full Partner at a prestigious law firm?

You cover for Hillary's lies by pretending that they had an inflation adjusted income of over $500,000 in 1992 only because she sold a home...you are ignoring that that isn't counted in that number and that they had an inflation adjusted income of around $500,000 for at least the 3 years leading up to the White House.

The next time you get frustrated with a Trump supporter who adheres to Trump lies in the face of facts...look in the mirror.
Struggling financially is when you don't have enough money coming in to comfortably cover the money you've got going out. When they first got married, they struggled.

Part of their income in 1992 was a from a one-time sale of a building by the Rose Law Firm that was counted in that number because it was income from her job at Rose Law Firm.

She didn't start out as a full partner at Rose Law Firm, and she didn't instantaneously get appointed to various boards of directors.

I'm not covering for Hillary's lies. I'm merely pointing out that a just-starting-out couple in 1975 with no real assets to their name weren't wealthy, and with the costs of Bill's political aspirations, did have financial struggles.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:12 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Struggling financially is when you don't have enough money coming in to comfortably cover the money you've got going out.
So a person making a million dollars a year is not living comfortably, per your own definition, if they waste it all and rack up debt year after year.

Quote:
When they first got married, they struggled.
When they first got married, they had an income above the average US household. You are going on record, stating that the majority of US households are struggling?

You seem to be backing off the bit about them struggling as governor of Arkansas - is this true?

Quote:
Part of their income in 1992 was a from a one-time sale of a building by the Rose Law Firm that was counted in that number because it was income from her job at Rose Law Firm.

She didn't start out as a full partner at Rose Law Firm, and she didn't instantaneously get appointed to various boards of directors.
Yes, she became a FULL Partner in 1979. 1979. Meaning that she had an inflation adjusted income of at least 6 figures from 1979 all the way up to becoming first lady. She had an inflation adjusted income of at least $500,000 a year for the 3 years leading up to White House. Seems to me, her income was fine.

She had several side gigs not including being on the Board of Directors of 3 companies starting in 1985, 1986 (Walmart), and 1990.

You were wrong to assert earlier that they struggled as governor of Arkansas. They had a solid income that would be about 10 times the national household income when he became president.

Quote:
I'm not covering for Hillary's lies. I'm merely pointing out that a just-starting-out couple in 1975 with no real assets to their name weren't wealthy, and with the costs of Bill's political aspirations, did have financial struggles.
There is a different state of existence between being "wealthy" and "struggling." One can belong to neither group. If you can't tell the difference of how one might not be wealthy, but not "dead broke," it is because you are covering for Hillary's lies and not thinking.

Hillary should be proud of her success and not lie about being broke before and immediately after the White House to fool the sheep for votes.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So a person making a million dollars a year is not living comfortably, per your own definition, if they waste it all and rack up debt year after year.

When they first got married, they had an income above the average US household. You are going on record, stating that the majority of US households are struggling?

You seem to be backing off the bit about them struggling as governor of Arkansas - is this true?

Yes, she became a FULL Partner in 1979. 1979. Meaning that she had an inflation adjusted income of at least 6 figures from 1979 all the way up to becoming first lady. She had an inflation adjusted income of at least $500,000 a year for the 3 years leading up to White House. Seems to me, her income was fine.

She had several side gigs not including being on the Board of Directors of 3 companies starting in 1985, 1986 (Walmart), and 1990.

You were wrong to assert earlier that they struggled as governor of Arkansas. They had a solid income that would be about 10 times the national household income when he became president.

There is a different state of existence between being "wealthy" and "struggling." One can belong to neither group. If you can't tell the difference of how one might not be wealthy, but not "dead broke," it is because you are covering for Hillary's lies and not thinking.

Hillary should be proud of her success and not lie about being broke before and immediately after the White House to fool the sheep for votes.
I'm going on record as saying that they STRUGGLED financially when they first got married, and while Bill Clinton was governor. Political campaigns COST MONEY. They took out loans to pay for Bill's political campaigns.

And I was not wrong to assert that they struggled financially while Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas.

They did struggle.

And that's my only assertion. You keep on trying to force me to argue points that I never made. Which strikes me as a bit dishonest, though I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt in that you are so entrenched in your point of view that anyone who disagrees with you on any aspect of that point of view is seen as disagreeing with you on your entire point of view.

They are wealthy now.

When they left the White House, they had a lot of debt. While I might disagree with Hillary's characterization of them as "dead broke", I can understand why she made that assertion.

They are definitely wealthy now.

They weren't wealthy in the 1970's, and in fact, they struggled financially. Period.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:28 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Default Hillary struggles to use Subway when showing off how she is just like us

To paraphrase Thatcher: Being 'one of us' is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:44 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Are these the official campaign responses? As to too fast or too slow; a 12 yo figured it pretty quickly. The card was a 'lemon'. Too funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
There is a definite technique to swiping a Metro Card - not too fast, not too slow.

And sometimes the cards themselves are "lemons" so...

Old 04-08-2016, 10:46 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
1979 dollars - $35,000 - are worth ~$122,000 in todays dollars. Pretty nice income, especially for Arkansas. Not buying the poor, poor, pitiful me routine from the Clinton's.
And don't forget Bill ALSO had a salary.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:46 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Ugh, you have to be able to achieve lift off first. Don't see that happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
She should have jumped the turnstile.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:48 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Oh please, all candidates pander to win votes, How many times do we here about northern republicans coming to the south and trying(keyword) to eat cheese grits ???????

Its pandering no matter if it is food, transportation, or recreation.
"Oh please, all candidates pander to win votes"

I don't see ANYONE NOT agreeing with you on this point.

The POINT is SHE is DOING it NOW.

When others do it is is ALSO pointed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies