Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 02:54 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times

Advertisements

Its funny that a parent can go to jail for this very thing but a police officer is allowed to body slam a 12 year old and people say its justified. I guess many on here would body slam there kids..

If a grown man cant handle a kid he needs to be re-trained
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 03:02 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just for you back talking me in this thread, I'm going to body slam you!
And your going to like it and take it, or I'll body slam you again and again, until I get my point across.
There were witnesses who said she kicked the officer several times prior to him putting her on the ground. If I kick you several times, you have the right to do what you need to do. This was not about her back talking. Geez people, can you at least make a valid argument.

You can tell she was trying to continue to kick in the short video and her friend was not yelling at her to chill for nothing.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Its funny that a parent can go to jail for this very thing but a police officer is allowed to body slam a 12 year old and people say its justified. I guess many on here would body slam there kids..

No, you lefties need to give up that argument. If you kid attacks you or strikes you (aka kick), you can put them on the ground the same as the officer did. Ok, now move on from your claims that you would go to jail. Completely false.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Let me guess - - the right-wing plague on city-data is defending body slams on 12-year olds now.

No surprise there.
If they are kicking/fighting/resisting authority, then you're darn right I do. What would you rather, cage them till they stop? You'd probably think that was cruel too.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:17 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How about not grabbing the kid at all? Just let her shout her head off and work out of her rage. That is a lot safer then most anything else. The only problem is it prevents the cop from being in total control. Cops love to be in total control.
The kid who had already been suspended at least four times, twice for fights with the same girl and warned already that if she got in another fight with the girl she would be arrested?
I don't think "not grabbing the kid" was an option, because the school wanted her arrested.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
she could have a bad back? have seizures a heart condition does he know her medical history? ? I am shocked at you all agreeing this man should have slammed this young girl-- would you really- truly- in God's honest truth- like that done to your child?
If she had a bad back or a heart condition, then picking her up and carrying her off becomes even _more_ dangerous than what the officer did. The vector of the force used when picking someone up is much worse for both of those conditions than what happened. If she had a seizure condition, any of the options could have triggered a seizure (though obviously he if is picking her up and she has a seizure, that is far more dangerous than taking her to the ground and her having a seizure).

Old 04-09-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post

Retrained to what? What is the correct technique to use here?
Over and over people have said he should have done "something else" with no clue what that something else should be.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:29 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
The kid who had already been suspended at least four times, twice for fights with the same girl and warned already that if she got in another fight with the girl she would be arrested?
I don't think "not grabbing the kid" was an option, because the school wanted her arrested.
Nobody is saying that she shouldn't have been taken down... The question is the amount of force that was used in doing so.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Thank you sensei Marigold for your most informative comment, as if which martial art move really gets to the heart of the issue.
The real heart of the issue is that the problem is not with what the officer did. It was that the officer was there in the first place to arrest her. That discipline from the school and the parents failed repeatedly until the school ends up calling the police on her because she is getting into a fight, again, on campus well after school hours (4pm).
An officer was brought in to deal with her, via arrest. Not her parents, not an advisor, not a counselor, not a therapist, not even a vice principal or principal. A police officer was brought in with the only option of arresting her. She reacted as I would expect a lot of 6th graders to react to being arrested, and he took the correct course of action from there.
He just never should have been in that situation in the first place.

That's why I think this has nothing to do with the officer's training. This was a failure on the part of dozens of other people besides that officer.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:36 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
If they are kicking/fighting/resisting authority, then you're darn right I do. What would you rather, cage them till they stop? You'd probably think that was cruel too.
No Dart them, like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, wait and film them while they stagger around before they pass out, then get Jim Fowler to hog tie them for removal on the pickup truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies