Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 03:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
End of the story is. Co-Operate with the police and everything will run smoothly. When you begin to resist , fight back etc.. expect some sort of forceable repercussion as a response. Regardless of age...

You may be OK and put up with Tyrannical Oppression, but don't demand someone else be a coward.

Give me liberty or kill me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Exactly.....

The girls were fighting, and the teacher could not gain control....they wouldn't listen to him/her, so that is why the police were called....so what is a cop supposed to do?

She kicked him a few times before she kicked him in the groin....

Yanno, I also blame a lot of this violence on videos....I believe the kids actually become desensitized by it, and think its ok?

The girls were fighting?(with words)

Wow! No one got physical but the government official.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Understand your point, to a degree, but he officer could have subdued and detained the girl without the 5 point throw. I've been through a lot worse than getting between 2 fighting middle school girls after spending 22 years in the Army, so spare me the hyperbole.

I agree the student was in the wrong, first for resisting, and especially if what her fellow students are saying is accurate with regard to her instigating. If she were my daughter, and was bullying another student, and then resisting police, she'd pray to be left in jail.

Actually, she was the one being bullied and she confronted her bully about it, and got body slammed by a government official for voicing her opinion of the bully.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
And if you did that to your kid, you'd be locked up for child abuse.

Didn't Trayvon Martin, do that to George Zimmerman?

Old 04-13-2016, 04:23 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but It certainly does excuse the actions of the officer.
I don't know what you people expect an officer to do, or how much you expect an officer to take.
Tell you what, you go between two students fighting, let them kick you and then kick you in the groin...if that were my kid, at that point, I'd have done the same thing to her....
These kids today, have no control, and their solution is only violence...what if her kick, caused the officer, to not ever have children again, did you ever think of that?

My Word, I just do not believe some people.....

Just b/c she is a kid, doesn't mean, it excuses her actions....

you can only push people so far.....

These kids today are the same kids from 50 yrs. ago-- I know- I was around--and the stats indicate same- we were worse- and now they call the law when you blink ---they did not in my time--so how come we have a worse arrest record??
I know kids are bad but you want to point the finger at the kid- wrong! WE are reaping just want we wanted-- keep cutting school budgets- making moms work 2/3 jobs- and you want to blame the poor - single moms- like the rich kids do not get in trouble too --they just do it at college!
Like poster said on another forum--- teach them to fish?? SURE whose going pay for the rods- reel- tackle and take them to the water 50 miles away?? a very BOGUS statement- I am sick of hearing it. we are all to blame for the disrespect and anger-- yea anger adults in the US are angry-- so the kids should not be?

Each society is responsible for what they have created and you will always see it in the next generation!!!! Can't change the facts- are you part of the problem or the solution?

Old 04-13-2016, 05:21 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actually, she was the one being bullied and she confronted her bully about it, and got body slammed by a government official for voicing her opinion of the bully.
I know that is the story she and her mother told the news, but according to other students flooding local San Antonio media Facebook pages, that's incorrect. The girl that got slammed was yelling at the other girl over a boy, the other girl tried to leave, she followed and was "going at her" per eye witness accounts. Quite different from freedom speech. Your ilk often confuses freedom of speech with freedom of consequences. You're free to say anything, but others are free to say anything back, and to defend themselves if you get physical.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:34 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
The girls were fighting?(with words)

Wow! No one got physical but the government official.
the girl who he threw down tried kicking him, and then kicked him in the groin...if that isn't physical don't know what is?

and if a teacher tells you to stop you stop....but they didn't, they continued, resulting in her calling the cops....
When the mother and daughter were interviewed, they said the girl did nothing. Yeah right.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:58 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
how do you know which kids they talked to? - there will be many want to see her go DOWN-that is part of it all - either case he did not turn out to be the best candidate for the job. Now this is not the first incident at our schools and I think they are getting the message. Maybe they need some female resource officers- like the prisons

It should not be surprising, then, that research has shown that female correctional staff have a positive effect on the environment even of all-male facilities. Understanding and Enhancing the Value of Female Corrections Professionals

Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
the girl who he threw down tried kicking him, and then kicked him in the groin...if that isn't physical don't know what is?

and if a teacher tells you to stop you stop....but they didn't, they continued, resulting in her calling the cops....
When the mother and daughter were interviewed, they said the girl did nothing. Yeah right.

I know, after he grabbed her she kicked him in the groin like they teach in self defense classes for women.

I understand why he was fired and charges have been filed in civil court. Do you?

Old 04-14-2016, 07:21 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
I know, after he grabbed her she kicked him in the groin like they teach in self defense classes for women.

I understand why he was fired and charges have been filed in civil court. Do you?
No I do not...I don't know what people expect police to do today...both kids and people have become extremely violent....he didn't throw her down any harder then a high school wrestler would have done...
that is the way he got her to stop....what is he supposed to do, stand there and beg her not to throw her down...this poop has to stop....the same thing with that cop who was trying to wrestle that school girl out of her chair....

there are way to many liberals out there who have confused crime with excuses and acceptance.

It is time America got hard again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies