Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 03:28 PM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Bills laws had nothing to do with violent criminals. It was based on drug legislation and to lock up people in possession of crack, which was disproportionately in the black community. This had nothing to do with violent drug offenders. You statist only like to tell half of the story.
really?

I guess that's why it was called 'H.R.3355 - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 03:32 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
really?

I guess that's why it was called 'H.R.3355 - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994'
It covers drugs, and this is the primary cause for the arrest. Black people don't kill each other with assault rifles which is a large part of the "violence" part of the bill.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:39 PM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
It covers drugs, and this is the primary cause for the arrest. Black people don't kill each other with assault rifles which is a large part of the "violence" part of the bill.
Why did you claim it had nothing to do with violent criminals when it obviously did?

Old 04-13-2016, 03:41 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,752,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't think you're giving them enough credit, I think they know exactly what they're doing and it's calculated. By saying that anyone who calls out black criminals is actually calling all black people criminals, it's a clever mechanism for them to shut down debate and then they won't have to defend their indefensible, pro-criminal policies.
Which is an actual competitive debate tactic. That gets interesting when you realize how many BLM organizers are connected to college debate teams (particularly, but not only, HBCU debate teams), as well as connected in their past to the NAUDL.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:45 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Why did you claim it had nothing to do with violent criminals when it obviously did?
The impact of the bill is stricter drug punishment. Black criminals don't purchase guns legally. Bill Clinton statements were fabricated. This is what led to massive black incarceration rates, not murders.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:59 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
The massive increase in incarceration is what lowered our violent crime rate so dramatically.

Now the Dems want to empty the prisons.

Let's see how that all works out.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:20 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,655,926 times
To be honest, Bill broke it down, to a protest crowd that may not have been old, experienced or knowledgeable enough to have known how bad things were in the 80s and early 90s. With that said, a point about acknowledging the unintended consequences of the Clinton policies may be in order.

Now, the DeBlasio "CP time" quote is not good, at all. One remembers the Ross Perot NAACP "your people know" speech, where he tried to highlight how crime and bad economic policies affected African American communities. There was context in that speech. There is no context in that "CP time" quote. Unfortunately, Hillary's presence, right after she accepts DeBlasio's endorsement, could be damaging for he rest of the primary.

With all said, we are in an era where we are so polarized, we don't want to hear each other. We are seeing too many examples!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:29 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,655,926 times
And having said what I said above, one has to remind himself that it is primary season. August to November is 'come to the middle' time! Every last person who has attained that oval office has recognized that!

Old 04-15-2016, 10:01 AM

34,744 posts, read 16,767,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What if there is? Does that excuse the murders by the police officers?
The word "murder" is pejorative. If the officer believes he's going to be in a combat situation with such a person he can and will kill.

Quote:
See, I don't get this......the argument goes that because more civilians kill other civilians we should look the other way when a police officer does it. How does this make sense? I've pointed this out many times and like so many things I bring up, no one addresses it.
I guess you're not really interested in how young black males die.

Quote:
If a civilian kills another person and are caught they are punished. For years, if a police officer killed a person the force rallied around them, often times lied for them and helped make it go away. With the proliferation of video they now have been caught in their lies. For years these communities knew the truth but could do nothing. Those like yourself didn't care. They deserved it, whether they did or not.
I do care. But officers are on the firing line. You rarely are.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:03 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The word "murder" is pejorative. If the officer believes he's going to be in a combat situation with such a person he can and will kill.
Really a non point and simply saying he "believes" something is no longer accepted at face value as it once was.

Quote:
I guess you're not really interested in how young black males die.

I do care. But officers are on the firing line. You rarely are.
Not an excuse. Police do not get a free pass to just shoot people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies