Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 10:09 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are millions of Americans that talk to an imaginary friend, think that he is watching them all the time and if they are bad he will punish them. Yet we enable this mental delusion it is even protected in the constitution.
Is that you Leroy?

Imaginary friends (also known as pretend friends or invisible friends) are a psychological and social phenomenon where a friendship or other interpersonal relationship takes place in the imagination rather than external physical reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_friend

In which article of the Constitution is that covered? Missed that somehow...

Old 04-08-2016, 10:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Is that you Leroy?

Imaginary friends (also known as pretend friends or invisible friends) are a psychological and social phenomenon where a friendship or other interpersonal relationship takes place in the imagination rather than external physical reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_friend

In which article of the Constitution is that covered? Missed that somehow...
The 1st amendment freedom of religion. One can have a "relationship" with an imaginary being that grans wishes (prayer requests) and is going to take them to live forever in the sky and it is seen as normal if it is called religion. If a person says that the have a "relationship" with a pink unicorn that grants them wishes and is going to take them to a city in the clouds they will be called crazy.

Same imaginary friend belief, different outcome based on how many people share the delusion.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
The 1st amendment freedom of religion. One can have a "relationship" with an imaginary being that grans wishes (prayer requests) and is going to take them to live forever in the sky and it is seen as normal if it is called religion. If a person says that the have a "relationship" with a pink unicorn that grants them wishes and is going to take them to a city in the clouds they will be called crazy.

Same imaginary friend belief, different outcome based on how many people share the delusion.
I knew what you were referring to. I was just having a little fun.

It isn't really "freedom of religion" btw...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Either way, what's this about pink unicorns and being crazy? I wish I could show you my friend Pinky!

Old 04-08-2016, 10:47 AM

Today

Quote:

Old 04-08-2016, 11:29 PM

130 posts, read 58,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It is sad though one can't accept how they are made.
Sad to you.....

Old 04-09-2016, 08:10 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
https://pjmedia.com/faith/2016/04/06...e-dragon-lady/

Never heard of trans-species, that's a new one.
This person need a better psychiatrist, not more plastic surgery. That any doctor would participate in allowing someone to mutilate their bodies due to their mental illness is simply reprehensible. I hope "it" eventually gets the help "it" needs from qualified medical professionals.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:16 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Does this matter?

Rather you think what it is doing is right, or whatever is irrelevant. Does it matter? Is there any reason for anyone here to really care about this? I'll care when it comes to this person being harassed or bullied or whatever. No one, regardless of your opinion of them, should be harassed or assaulted. But is there really anything to say besides that?
Conservatives bring attention to things like this because they enjoy criticizing and degrading people. Any time they can dish out snide remarks directed towards those who are different it's a good day for them. And to think they are currently actively seeking to destroy the civil rights laws under the thinly veiled "religious freedom" movement.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Conservatives bring attention to things like this because they enjoy criticizing and degrading people. Any time they can dish out snide remarks directed towards those who are different it's a good day for them. And to think they are currently actively seeking to destroy the civil rights laws under the thinly veiled "religious freedom" movement.
Not sure I would go as far as all that (but close). I have noticed that conservatives very often will take that one exceptional story and blow it all out of proportion to suggest the story is the norm rather than the exception. Like the person on welfare driving that brand new Cadillac, clearly demonstrating how social assistance programs are nothing but fraudulent give-aways to support worthless lazy-do-nothings.

What better proof have you got over those stories when you really haven't got the truth of these matters on your side?

Old 04-09-2016, 04:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
People do modifications to their bodies daily. WE shave, wear make up, cut and color hair, pierce ears, then there are all types of plastic surgery. This person just goes further than most of us do. But we all change things about ourselves is that because we can't accept how we are made? I wasn't born with holes in my ears, or perfect teeth, or hair free legs but I now have those things.
You have to admit the dragon is far from keeping up appearances with hygiene.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
You have to admit the dragon is far from keeping up appearances with hygiene.
And?

It can do as it pleases. It is not required to dress, act, look, or behave as society deems proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies