Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
BLM has existed for about 4 years now, the focus(and name) of the group has been discussed to death. At this point, you either understand and dont care( you want them to focus on other things no matter what) OR you are being obtuse and dont care.

Either way, this isnt on BLM.
When they try to speak for black people it is.

A faux black movement funded by a billionaire white Dem to co-opt the REAL movement started by young people.

Black Lives Matter is a disgrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Black focus on police violence instead of black-on-black violence, is very similar to the gun control people who fixate on assault weapons which account for only about 1% of gun deaths, rather than focusing on stolen/unregistered handguns in the inner city cores, in the hands of felons. That's what constitutes the vast majority of gun violence (suicides excluded, as they should be).
It evolved differently. Same groups who started the Movement (NOT BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!) were also focusing on black on black crime and other internal issues.

Black Lives Matters is a media propped and funded co-opt. COINTEL to make it very clear.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'm in total agreement with Ray. White cops killing black people should be held accountable (I realize that 99% of the time they are not). However, why does the BLM movement focus on the white cops instead of the 1000 times more blacks killing each other?!
Because the original group made the case against Police Corruption. They rode what was hot. They weren't in the Police Corruption battle before Ferguson.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:50 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You really didn't know that most African Americans are middle class? Seriously?

And MOST American families can't afford to send their kids to college regardless of race. I'm pretty sure you knew that, right?

BTW...are you an American?
Don't patronize me, much criticism could be throw right back at you with your views on foreign policy.

Since your such a smarty pants I can continue. According to the Brookings Institute, a slightly majority of blacks are in the lower middle class threshold. Now there are studies that the black "Middle class" is not only shrinking but middle class black families are struggling to transfer its social class to their children. Let's also not forget that the black median household income is not even conceivable to the white median house hold income. A predominantly black middle class neighborhood will look strikingly different than a white middle class neighborhood. The discussion of income equality should be addressed.

Five Bleak Facts on Black Opportunity | Brookings Institution

Population Shift Sees Fewer Affluent Blacks - WSJ

Yes, most Americans cant send their kids to college out of pocket. Ofcourse, white students have more of an opportunity of financial help from their parents.. whether tuition, room board, ect than black families. Students thus choose student loans to further their education career. White students statically have a better chance leading towards a job than a black student, which increases their chances of paying back the loan. In Which this all leads back to the big circle known as oppression.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Don't patronize me, much criticism could be throw right back at you with your views on foreign policy.

Since your such a smarty pants I can continue. According to the Brookings Institute, a slightly majority of blacks are in the lower middle class threshold. Now there are studies that the black "Middle class" is not only shrinking but middle class black families are struggling to transfer its social class to their children. Let's also not forget that the black median household income is not even conceivable to the white median house hold income. A predominantly black middle class neighborhood will look strikingly different than a white middle class neighborhood. The discussion of income equality should be addressed.

Five Bleak Facts on Black Opportunity | Brookings Institution

Population Shift Sees Fewer Affluent Blacks - WSJ

Yes, most Americans cant send their kids to college out of pocket. Ofcourse, white students have more of an opportunity of financial help from their parents.. whether tuition, room board, ect than black families. Students thus choose student loans to further their education career. White students statically have a better chance leading towards a job than a black student, which increases their chances of paying back the loan. In Which this all leads back to the big circle known as oppression.
Don't patronize you? Is that an order?

And yeah...you don't like my foreign policy positions because I don't have a Netanyahu shrine in my home and I don't wanna drop a nuke on every Muslim nation in existence.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:56 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
oh please! it's time to own up to the self-created horrors running rampant in places like Chicago. not every single thing can be blamed on the white man.

stand up and own it.
Perhaps if Blacks were less brutal to each other, the police wouldn't perceive Black suspects as brutal and tone down their response accordingly.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:44 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Perhaps if Blacks were less brutal to each other, the police wouldn't perceive Black suspects as brutal and tone down their response accordingly.
So cops have a right to use brutality because black on black crime is high?

Lol...fresh post, same old white guy.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:46 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So cops have a right to use brutality because black on black crime is high?
Do you dismiss the fact that police response to a situation will vary based on known patterns of behavior?

Seems someone needs a reality check...

Old 04-09-2016, 11:57 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do you dismiss the fact that police response to a situation will vary based on known patterns of behavior?
Let me correct you sentence, "the fact that police respond to a situation will vary based upon perceived and preconceived patterns of behavior

Old 04-09-2016, 12:14 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't take issue with addressing Black on Black murder. However, I do take issue with people trying to downplay injustices being done to Blacks. Police brutality and Black on Black murder don't have much to do with each other. They are two totally different subjects. The only reason most people try to say what Ray Lewis just said is to distract from police brutality.
Yes it does and it's all interconnected. When blacks stop acting like thugs and murders public perception will change and so will the views and treatment by law enforcement. There is a very good reason people profile blacks in the hood.

Unfortunately, it would take a long time before public perception of young black men in the inner cities would change provided young blacks changed. In my opinion the current perception was brought on by their own behavior and it will not change until they do.

If a person is honest there isn't a non-black on this site that wouldn't be nervous walking through Harlem at 2:00 am. Ask yourself why.

Tough pill to swallow..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies