Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Schedule 1 drugs are considered the most dangerous and addictive drugs, with no known medical use.

To put things in perspective, here are some examples of Schedule 2 drugs:

cocaine
methamphetamine
hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
meperidine (Demerol)
oxycodone (OxyContin)
fentanyl

So even if you are against the idea of marijuana legalization, can you possibly make the argument that marijuana is more dangerous or addictive than any of these Schedule 2 drugs?
Well, the BigPharma lobbyists would no doubt tell us the prescription ones are safe than some damn weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 02:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Default DEA considering to Reschedule Marijuana

It's only about 70 years overdue.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:18 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Can it be? Will it be? Will the lies end?

DEA to reconsider marijuana's federal status - CSMonitor.com
Wow, I was completely unaware about Washington D.C.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:26 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the medical side of it should be done and no more waiting. My grand had seizures up to 15 in one hour- DO NOT tell ME -- if proven this does help ---we are pot heads!!
There are ZERO randomized, double-blinded, prospective studies with valid statistics showing a medical benefit of pot in any disease entity- ZERO. I review this literature every two years for the state.

However, if you want to get stoned, that (in my opinion) is your own business. Just don't be bothering physicians for pot, as we are too busy with real medical issues to deal with stoners.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:37 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There are ZERO randomized, double-blinded, prospective studies with valid statistics showing a medical benefit of pot in any disease entity- ZERO. I review this literature every two years for the state.
Because you are bought and paid for by the state. Anyone who is honest and doesn't have a twisted agenda understands the benefits of medical marijuana. But you know better than the patient right?
Like kicking the can down the road and prescribing legally deemed drugs which kill more people every year than automobiles? But as long as you're paid to shill prescription medicine what difference does it matter if tens of thousands of lives are lost right?
Granted if you were paid to prescribe weed and the profit was enough, you'd be singing a different tune because all that matters is your bank balance.

Parents of children with severe epilepsy have reported incredible recoveries when their children were given cannabidiol, a derivative of marijuana. The drug, a non-psychoactive compound that occurs naturally in cannabis, has been marketed with epithets like Charlotte's Web and Haleigh's Hope.

Marijuana Extract May Help Some Children With Epilepsy, Study Finds : Shots - Health News : NPR

Quote:
However, if you want to get stoned, that (in my opinion) is your own business. Just don't be bothering physicians for pot, as we are too busy with real medical issues to deal with stoners.
Like epilepsy?

Old 04-09-2016, 03:52 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:

Because it's schedule I!!! You try and conduct such a study with the Fed's rules and see how far you get before you give up.

Regardless, there still is plenty of evidence showing marijuana's efficacy in helping diseases. It's not like the US federal government is the only entity in the world.

And what the government has studied ad nauseam is the potential lethality of marijuana. And yet there have been exactly zero attributed deaths to the consumption of pot -ZERO.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I really do think the only opposition to this comes from people who were brainwashed during childhood.
It's called public school.

And you paid for the washing of the brains!

Old 04-09-2016, 04:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Old 04-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you are bought and paid for by the state. Anyone who is honest and doesn't have a twisted agenda understands the benefits of medical marijuana. But you know better than the patient right?
Like kicking the can down the road and prescribing legally deemed drugs which kill more people every year than automobiles? But as long as you're paid to shill prescription medicine what difference does it matter if tens of thousands of lives are lost right?
Granted if you were paid to prescribe weed and the profit was enough, you'd be singing a different tune because all that matters is your bank balance.

Parents of children with severe epilepsy have reported incredible recoveries when their children were given cannabidiol, a derivative of marijuana. The drug, a non-psychoactive compound that occurs naturally in cannabis, has been marketed with epithets like Charlotte's Web and Haleigh's Hope.

Marijuana Extract May Help Some Children With Epilepsy, Study Finds : Shots - Health News : NPR

Like epilepsy?
I am not "bought and sold by the state" (are you people for real?). I do the reviews for FREE. It is what we should do as physicians to provide guidance to legislators. What do I charge attorneys for depositions? $3K per hour with the same rate for prep time. The state is free.

We have an obligation, as physicians, to interpret and navigate the LEGITIMATE literature and present this information objectively to non-physicians, so they can understand it. As a layamn, you do not understand the difference between an anecdote, a poorly designed study, and a legitimate study. Thus your support for anecdotes, which does not constitute legitimate science.

Pot has NO DEFINED MEDICAL USE in ANY "good study". Pot heads and advocates for legalization of pot will always reference junk science literature, supporting their views. That does not constitute valid science, it is just bad science used to promote a political agenda.

I really, really do not care whether you smoke weed- DON'T CARE. Just don't pester us in the medical community to condone or support your habit or desire to be stoned with pseudo-science. I think that pot should be legal recreationally (why someone would want to be stoned all the time, I don't know), but the medical system should not be burdened with pot heads seeking a buzz. Do that on your own time and do not seek state funding (medicare/medicaid) to support your habit. Does medicare/medicaid pay for alcohol? Keep in mind that there ARE some defined medical benefits for alcohol, but its abuse is equally as damaging as prolonged pot smoking and should not be funded by the government/public.

If you are a stoner- pay for your buzz.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Because it's schedule I!!! You try and conduct such a study with the Fed's rules and see how far you get before you give up.

Regardless, there still is plenty of evidence showing marijuana's efficacy in helping diseases. It's not like the US federal government is the only entity in the world.

And what the government has studied ad nauseam is the potential lethality of marijuana. And yet there have been exactly zero attributed deaths to the consumption of pot -ZERO.

I am afraid it is hopeless to discuss legitimate science and medicine with you, as you don't understand and will not understand unless exposed to formal training.

Your anecdotes do not constitute "data" or legitmate studies.

If you want to get stoned- do so. I think that people who want to smoke or get drunk should have the same rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies