Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:29 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

I believe the word "Illegal" with in the minds of Americans has become distorted and unrecognizable.
The word illegal means

1. forbidden by law or statute. 2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations 3. Against the law

Of late, and since oh I don't know when, Illegal immigration has become a mute issue...just recently Obama and his administration, has instructed border agents to ignore anyone coming into this country illegally.

So these people freely come in and are given aid by Americans, and they so learn they have nothing to fear...there is no punishment?

Recently, Trump was asked, "If Abortions were illegal, should the woman be punished"? He said, yes, of course, there should be some form of punishment. And women all over the country went ballistic over his comment, like it would be ok for a woman to get an abortion if they were deemed ILLEGAL?

Every single day I'm on the road, and someone is tail gating, which is illegal, yet people do it...? Why, it's illegal? Even heard a man call in to a radio station last night who asks, "is is a rule now, to get your drivers license you have to be tail gating?" And there is laughter, but seriously?

Almost every single day, there is someone in front of me or behind me, all over the road, usually woman, who are driving and texting???? Now, to my knowledge it isn't illegal, or maybe it is? Not sure, but the fact remains, people all over the place disregard, not only their own safety, but the safety of others...why?

All over the country, people ignore the speed limit signs, and go way over the speed limits...and get away with it, b/c they know there are less and less cops, out there, due to cut backs...and they are on other more important calls, so people speed? Why?

All over the country, there is corruption and disloyalty to customers...business owners raping their customers for the all mighty dollar...

So my question is, for anyone who deems it ok for illegals to be here and to come to this country illegally, there is an effect...and it's called, corrosion of society...it's happening and it's been happening...

Just look at the disrespect for law enforcement?

In PA, the Fracking companies are ignoring laws, and not getting fined heavily for environmental mishaps? Why?

Corrosion of society...

a society that has grown to be so large and include so many complex social institutions that it is inherently unstable and prone to collapse.

economical collapse, lack of morals, lack of awareness which is the ability to foresee, how ignoring laws, can lead a society down the path of social collapse.

Just look at how corrupt our own government has been and for so long....?

Anyone else have anything to add....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 07:23 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Nice rant, and where to start.

Texting while driving is illegal. In fact, in IL, you must use a hands-free device or system if you're talking on your phone, and I've heard of people getting tickets just checking their emails....while sitting at a red light.

I'm for legal immigration, not illegal immigration, but I hardly think the problems you're addressing are a result of illegal entry into the country.

It just seems that a large number of people, who have now raised a large number of people, feel they're above the law. The laws are in place for everyone but them. They're special.

Respect for others has been on the decline for decades. I've heard several theories about why, but I think it's a number of factors that all contributed to this.

I don't believe any of those reasons involve illegals, however.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Nice rant, and where to start.

Texting while driving is illegal. In fact, in IL, you must use a hands-free device or system if you're talking on your phone, and I've heard of people getting tickets just checking their emails....while sitting at a red light.

I'm for legal immigration, not illegal immigration, but I hardly think the problems you're addressing are a result of illegal entry into the country.

It just seems that a large number of people, who have now raised a large number of people, feel they're above the law. The laws are in place for everyone but them. They're special.

Respect for others has been on the decline for decades. I've heard several theories about why, but I think it's a number of factors that all contributed to this.

I don't believe any of those reasons involve illegals, however.

Allowing illegal immigration rather than enforcing our immigration laws however is one example of how our government and many in our society no longer respect the rule of law in our country. I think that was the OP's point. It's a much more serious problem than texting while driving, IMO.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:45 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
A good post.

I don't know when it happened but I would say in the last 7 years the word Illegal and the meaning of it has changed to "that is OK".
We have seen it at the border with the illegal aliens sneaking in some of them commit crimes but that is OK since they are just trying to make a better life for themselves.

We have seen it at black lives matter protests that break down into riots, burning and looting but that is OK they have a right to protest about the abuse they have suffered at the hands of police despite their martyr being a criminal and fighting the police.

We have seen sports stars, celebrities and rap stars breaking laws and seldom facing charges but that is OK because they are the beautiful people but what kind of role models are they for our kids?

We have seen it in the top notches of Gov. where laws have been bent and broken to suit an individual but that is OK since they are really doing it for us.

We have seen sentences for violent crimes with illegal guns reduced and we have seen our President pardon felons as well as terrorists and now they are trying to make it against the law for a landlord to deny a ex con a rental as if they are in a protected class like a handicapped person but that is OK because those poor criminals who willingly committed their crimes need a second or third or fourth chance.

People are angry and more and more we are seeing them strike out and after the temper tantrum and the pieces are picked up we get the excuses to justify their bad behavior.

There is a moral decay rotting at America and it will only get worse until people start taking personal responsibility for their actions and the liberal left stops promoting the bad behavior by patting those unruly illegal "kids" on the head and telling them "that is OK".

We can only hope that we will get a leader in 2016 that will put his foot down and put an end to this nonsense.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:47 AM

[quote=MPowering1;43629218]Nice rant, and where to start.
Quote:
I didn't know that, thank you

Quote:
Topic isn't about what issue you are for, what it's about is the overbearing entitlements of the human race in America...

Lets look at a much bigger picture....
Illegal immigration is only part of the picture, what I'm talking about is, the trickle down effect of ignoring laws...you skim a rock over water it makes a trickle effect, that is exactly what is happening in America, and our way of life, the trickle effect, that results in ignoring more and more laws, little by little...

Quote:
Yes, indeed that is part of the overall effect

You ignore one little law, it opens a can of worms for someone else to ignore one little law, and pretty soon, you have chaos.

Quote:
Sure it is a number of factors, but one fact effects the other...and another and another...
Nothing ever happens for one reason...everything is interlinked.

Quote:
I don't believe any of those reasons involve illegals, however
Well, you darn well should....our government is largely responsible for ignoring illegals, for years now...many years....

Laws may not always seem fair, but they are there for a reason....and when you ignore laws for convenience, everything else starts to fall apart....

Look at the Black Lives Matter movement, another corrosion of the law...

Murders gettting away with 8 year sentences???? Instead of life in Prison...

Old 04-07-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Allowing illegal immigration rather than enforcing our immigration laws however is one example of how our government and many in our society no longer respect the rule of law in our country. I think that was the OP's point. It's a much more serious problem than texting while driving, IMO.
EXACTLY!!! Thank you!!!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A good post.

I don't know when it happened but I would say in the last 7 years the word Illegal and the meaning of it has changed to "that is OK".
We have seen it at the border with the illegal aliens sneaking in some of them commit crimes but that is OK since they are just trying to make a better life for themselves.

We have seen it at black lives matter protests that break down into riots, burning and looting but that is OK they have a right to protest about the abuse they have suffered at the hands of police despite their martyr being a criminal and fighting the police.

We have seen sports stars, celebrities and rap stars breaking laws and seldom facing charges but that is OK because they are the beautiful people but what kind of role models are they for our kids?

We have seen it in the top notches of Gov. where laws have been bent and broken to suit an individual but that is OK since they are really doing it for us.

We have seen sentences for violent crimes with illegal guns reduced and we have seen our President pardon felons as well as terrorists and now they are trying to make it against the law for a landlord to deny a ex con a rental as if they are in a protected class like a handicapped person but that is OK because those poor criminals who willingly committed their crimes need a second or third or fourth chance.

People are angry and more and more we are seeing them strike out and after the temper tantrum and the pieces are picked up we get the excuses to justify their bad behavior.

There is a moral decay rotting at America and it will only get worse until people start taking personal responsibility for their actions and the liberal left stops promoting the bad behavior by patting those unruly illegal "kids" on the head and telling them "that is OK".

We can only hope that we will get a leader in 2016 that will put his foot down and put an end to this nonsense.
Now your talkin!! Thank you for this post, it's good to see that others possess awareness, and the ability to look at a much larger picture....

Old 04-07-2016, 08:55 AM

driving home last night, it was still light out...there was a woman in front of me, maybe in her mid-20's.
She was all over the road, tailgating, and looking down at her cell phone, at one point, I thought she was going to plow into the truck in front of her. I should have left it go, but couldn't...so when we came to a light , and it turned green, but she didn't go...I honked at her....

She throws her arms up in the air, waving them, like "What did I do?"

First off she was still sitting at the light....and the car ahead of her was long gone....

So, I pretend I'm looking down at a pretend cell in my hand, and she turns completely around, and stands up over her seat, giving me the finger with both hands...(glad I wasn't hearing her screaming, LOL)

Another example of lawlessness and a real lousy thought process of the lives of others.

We've also become a land of individualism, we care nothing for others.

We are loosing the concept of how important other people are, how important their lives are...the fragile invisible thread that binds human beings together, is being lost....morals, caring, thoughtfulness..., how each and every life is important...we are not raising our kids with the concept of knowing how to problem solve, the importance of awareness, and to care for the hearts of others...

Our society, is becoming immoral and corrupt.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:58 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,215,130 times
Default Ilegal - whom am I to judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe the word "Illegal" with in the minds of Americans has become distorted and unrecognizable.
The word illegal means

1. forbidden by law or statute. 2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations 3. Against the law

Anyone else have anything to add....
When someone asks you what would YOU do if someone acted illegally, you should say either "Who am I to judge" or "I would report them to the police."

Illegal means there is a law against the act. We have police and the courts for that. Trump was asked a "got you" question.

He couldn't answer whether or not anyone should be PUNISHED for being involved in an abortion even though the "hypo" was framed by that hard ball guy that it was an illegal act. It wasn't for him or anyone to say.

Stupid stupid Trump.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
When someone asks you what would YOU do if someone acted illegally, you should say either "Who am I to judge" or "I would report them to the police."

Illegal means there is a law against the act. We have police and the courts for that. Trump was asked a "got you" question.

He couldn't answer whether or not anyone should be PUNISHED for being involved in an abortion even though the "hypo" was framed by that hard ball guy that it was an illegal act. It wasn't for him or anyone to say.

Stupid stupid Trump.
This thread has nothing but nothing to do with Trump.....Please stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies