Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 06:14 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The STATE is in control of the schools. The student was in effect suing the STATE in FEDERAL court.
The State Government was never involved. Stop trying to reach for something that ISN'T there.

This was ALWAYS between the trans student, the school district, and the Federal USDoE OCR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 06:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The State Government was never involved. Stop trying to reach for something that ISN'T there.

This was ALWAYS between the trans student, the school district, and the Federal USDoE OCR.
The states public schools are part of the state government.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:33 PM

1,504 posts, read 850,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What the heck is going on with this country, I mean really, Mississippi with their laws now NC is pulling this stuff.

Are we living in 1950 over here??? Man, I just don't get what is going on.

I love America, but damn, I don't wanna live in a place where it's ok to discriminate against a group of people.
Nothing wrong with discriminative thought- everyone has the right to say what they like or what they do not like. - so what about the junior lesbians who will use the same bathroom facilities as your straight young daughter? - What if the straight daughter is harassed by young woman who do not like males - act like males and who are attracted to females....Should young lesbian girls have their own private bathroom?

Lets try this- a bathroom for straight males....a separate bathroom for gay males- a separate bathroom for males who think they are females....and a bathroom or lesbians. If we want to discriminate we had better equally discriminate. Still this might offend gay males who WANT to use a bathroom full of straight males...

The lesbians might pull out the sexual suppression card if they are kept out of the bathroom that is full of straight females.....?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:45 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Springsteen is a loon .. he isn't for the working man anymore.. he is for gay rights , not human rights..

He should change his song to born gay in the USA..

Old 04-10-2016, 06:46 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Nothing wrong with discriminative thought- everyone has the right to say what they like or what they do not like. - so what about the junior lesbians who will use the same bathroom facilities as your straight young daughter? - What if the straight daughter is harassed by young woman who do not like males - act like males and who are attracted to females....Should young lesbian girls have their own private bathroom?

Lets try this- a bathroom for straight males....a separate bathroom for gay males- a separate bathroom for males who think they are females....and a bathroom or lesbians. If we want to discriminate we had better equally discriminate. Still this might offend gay males who WANT to use a bathroom full of straight males...

The lesbians might pull out the sexual suppression card if they are kept out of the bathroom that is full of straight females.....?
Lol reps to you

This is obviously going to be more of
a concern for parents who do need to
know who's got access to their kids.....
It creeps me out just thinking about it

Old 04-10-2016, 06:49 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good for him. I hope the state loses a lot of business over this hateful law.
Of course you are right. Boys should be able to enter the girls locker room anytime they want. And vice versa. It's silly to think there is a difference between male and female. People act like we allow for separate bathrooms for a physiological reason. That's clearly not the case. We separate boys and girls out of sheer ignorance. I know that when I was in high school I would have "identified" as ANYTHING if that meant I could shower with the cheerleaders. I can only imagine how much better puberty would have been if the law would have allowed me to wander in on naked women every time I felt compelled to do so. "I'm now a girl," is all I'd have to say! What a win for young men everywhere!

Can the World get any stupider?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:52 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
The states public schools are part of the state government.
Like I said the State of Illinois was NEVER involved in this case. It was ALWAYS ONLY between the trans student, the school district, and the Federal government. Just like NC's law.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:55 PM

1,504 posts, read 850,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol reps to you

This is obviously going to be more of
a concern for parents who do need to
know who's got access to their kids.....
It creeps me out just thinking about it
Thank God my four kids are grown. If I had young children in this type of system I would be concerned about them being indoctrinated to the point that they would opt out of having children of their own...I am sure the next plan of attack by the progressives is to convince children that have children is going ruin the planet and population control starts with them. I like having grandchildren- these progressives will wonder in 25 years why they do NOT have grandchildren.

This is not really about sexualizing children. This is about the de-sexing of children. Once you re-define sex- you get rid of it all together- If everything is SEX- then eventually sex is about nothing....sex will eventually be gone and designer kids in test tubes will be the norm.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:59 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,031 times
Quote:
And the STATE was taken to FEDERAL court over discrimination charges.

The law in NC denies CITIZENS the ability to sue COMPANIES for violations of STATE law in STATE courts.
jjrose: It makes sense to be concerned about this law, this article calls North Carolina’s New Anti-LGBT Law a 'Trojan Horse':

"...The language does not repeal North Carolina’s job-bias law, which continues to ban discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, or disability. But it forces workers seeking redress for discrimination into the federal system, where access is more difficult, the rules are much more complicated, and businesses often have significant advantages. Time, in particular, is on employers’ side: Under federal law, fired workers have just 180 days to file a claim, versus three years in state court. In the past, workers who missed the federal deadline — not uncommon for someone in emotional and economic crisis — could sue under state law instead, said Raleigh attorney Eric Doggett. Now, he predicted, many will discover they’re “hosed.”

The law’s impact could be “extraordinarily far-reaching,” ..."
https://www.propublica.org/article/w...a-trojan-horse

Old 04-10-2016, 07:05 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Thank God my four kids are grown. If I had young children in this type of system I would be concerned about them being indoctrinated to the point that they would opt out of having children of their own...I am sure the next plan of attack by the progressives is to convince children that have children is going ruin the planet and population control starts with them. I like having grandchildren- these progressives will wonder in 25 years why they do NOT have grandchildren.

This is not really about sexualizing children. This is about the de-sexing of children. Once you re-define sex- you get rid of it all together- If everything is SEX- then eventually sex is about nothing....sex will eventually be gone and designer kids in test tubes will be the norm.
I feel the same way.....
Thankfully mine are grown too

These days with the insane issues,
I'd never allow my kids in public schools.
And it is an agenda-
Comply, conform & obey.......
The new world order.
They're deliberately hyping these non issues.
Keeps the masses squabbling.....

Your so on point about population control....
I never even thought of that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies