Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't have a list of states that have laws banning discrimination based on sexual orientation, but I'm pretty sure fewer than half have such laws. I wonder if Bruce checked the laws of Ohio, Arizona, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and other states and countries where he tours. Same for the NBA, PayPal, and all the other businesses giving NC heck for its law.
Don't forget the NHL. The list is growing.

But there will still be county fairs and Ted Nugent concerts for entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 04:47 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Get a clue. Most people in this country have accepted that gays, lesbians, and transgender people have the right to be treated just like heterosexuals. Only the Right wing bigots have not.
Many people in this country have accepted that our country was founded on property rights and that government, the very same government that bought us Jim Crow and slavery, isn't the one to look to for moral guidance. Only some of the left wing bots have not.

Quote:
I KNOW this law has nothing to do with Christianity, which is why I said "alleged Christianity" because most people I know who profess some form of Christianity are NOT hateful, homophobic bigots.

BTW, the phrase is "rocket science", not "rocket surgery".
The phrase that YOU should concern yourself with is the rights of the individual. Springsteen wants to cancel, I can respect that. It's his call. no one forced him to do it. North Carolinas loss. He puts on a good show. But people who steal the rights away from property owners, don't serve any respect whatsoever.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzess View Post
The fans are part of the electorate and I guarantee some voted for the dirtbags who voted for that law. Elections have consequences. Deal with it. Bruce made me proud, today.
So people who respect the rights of the individual are dirtbags? They're not the dirtbags here. Government is not moral. We the people are. Government should be protecting the rights of the individual not squashing them.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Okay, so chalk up Bruce Springsteen--as well as PayPal--as wanting people identified as one gender at birth to be allowed to walk into a multi-outlet public restroom of the gender opposite, just because they feel they are the gender of the latter.

Keep a running tally of that for next time a business transaction needs to be conducted.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Okay, so chalk up Bruce Springsteen--as well as PayPal--as wanting people identified as one gender at birth to be allowed to walk into a bathroom of the gender opposite, just because they feel they are the gender belonging to the latter.

Keep a running tally of that for next time a business transaction needs to be conducted.
The law goes way beyond the bathroom issue.
H2 [Filed].docx

Old 04-08-2016, 04:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Meh, who cares.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:54 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Get a clue. Most people in this country have accepted that gays, lesbians, and transgender people have the right to be treated just like heterosexuals. Only the Right wing bigots have not.
Drivel. Why don't most states have laws that do what you claim most people want. Why nothing from Congress. You're pushing the same bunk as we heard with ssm, which had had to be imposed by federal courts.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzess View Post
The legislators who voted for that law are dirtbag bigots and if you agree with the law...well, you know.
The people who are for that law are dirtbag tyrants and if you agree with the law...well, you must agree with the rights of the individual. Never, ever vote against those rights.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:02 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The law goes way beyond the bathroom issue.
H2 [Filed].docx
seriously are people that dumb? why do they think the bathroom part was the only issue?

Old 04-08-2016, 05:09 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Don't flatter yourself. I lived in NC for 18 years. Trust me when I tell you that the people of NC couldn't care less what people from outside the state think of their laws. Your little social justice crusade is going nowhere.
They will care when they start losing businesses, obviously they elected these people so the voters are in fact complicit.

Didn't the governor run on a pro-business platform, he is in for an awakening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies