Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 04:13 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,450,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If you type Dennis Hastert into the search function you come up with at least 4 threads running previously.. its that little search bar on top of the page.
It was only yesterday that the Feds released the details on the depth of Hastert's evilness.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...1a3_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 04:15 PM

19,792 posts, read 12,040,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Once again it shows that there is separate justice in the USA depending on who you are. Hastert is getting off light and the average Joe would have gotten the book toss at him. This is another case where there should be mandatory minimums for officials like Hastert who commit child molestation. Hastert should be in prison until he dies. Another Republican "family values" degenerate.
Statute of limitations applies to everyone equally. This happened 35+ years ago.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:22 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Truly Hastert is disgusting but you don't seem to know the meaning of pedophile.

"Federal prosecutors on Friday for the first time provided details of sexual abuse allegations against J. Dennis Hastert, the former speaker of the House, asserting that he molested at least four boys, as young as 14, when he worked as a high school wrestling coach decades ago."

Pe•do•phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun
a person who is sexually attracted to children.

I suppose you know an alternate definition of pedophile??

Old 04-09-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
"Federal prosecutors on Friday for the first time provided details of sexual abuse allegations against J. Dennis Hastert, the former speaker of the House, asserting that he molested at least four boys, as young as 14, when he worked as a high school wrestling coach decades ago."

I suppose you know an alternate definition of pedophile?
Check a dictionary.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,360,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It was only yesterday that the Feds released the details on the depth of Hastert's evilness.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...1a3_story.html
The only reason he got away with his pedo actions is because of the "Statute of Limitations" on his multiple abuses JUST because of his pulic image and his perceived standing in the community at the time. Those abused he groomed and made to feel helpless. They knew their "Word" against their abuser would never get past the initial claim stage. Similarly, the way priests who committed similar abuses got away with it. Any complaint got buried by the powers that be and those abused ( plus their parents) knew it!!

I find it ironic tho that it was his "Hush Money" was what got him caught. I would also add, that in the past decade, society has exposed such abuses of children by the "Powerful" ..and is not so easily shoved aside like in the old days!

So, for those who say..Hastert was ONLY found guilty of Money fraud..and in saying that..apparently deem this predilection doesn't count. This tendency to wipe slate clean from someone's legacy confounds me

Earthly Justice cannot punish his horrendous past Pedo behaviour ..however..at his age, he better be prepared to answer to such when his day of "Final Judgement" presents itself to his "Soul"!!

Old 04-09-2016, 04:32 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Check a dictionary.
I did. And I posted it. You might want to. Or at least enlighten me on what you define a pedophile as. Is 14 too old for you??

Old 04-09-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I did. And I posted it. You might want to. Or at least enlighten me on what you define a pedophile as. Is 14 too old for you??
Prepubescent child.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:36 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,730,157 times
If guilty, shoot him. Due process first, of course. But child molestation I have zero tolerance for. I know many disagree with the death penalty for carious reasons. I can respect that. But for myself, I am inclined to have no leniency for this act.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,737,233 times
Long long list of "family values" folks getting caught with their pants down. Whenever I hear about somebody preaching "family values" I grab my kids and run the other way..... The ones who tell the loudest seem to be the worst offenders.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:21 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Show me Democrats that have molested children? I guess it is ok to molest children and have affairs as long as you are Republicans.

Oh heavens no! I am quite sure that no Democrat ever molested a child. They are absolute angels. If you don't believe it... ask one. ROTFLMAO!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies