Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:53 PM

455 posts, read 282,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe because decent people of ANY "race" DON'T want PWT/hood rats being forced on them? I don't want their kind near me, even IF they're the SAME race as me.
well too bad. its going to happen.

i think poor black kids should be able to go to the same schools as rich white kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 07:59 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,522,995 times
1. Don't live in areas with lots of rentals.

2. Don't live near public transit stops.

The unintended consequence of this is public transportation will be deader than a doornail in 10 years.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:02 PM

455 posts, read 282,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

The unintended consequence of this is public transportation will be deader than a doornail in 10 years.
rentals everywhere

Old 04-09-2016, 08:05 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,364,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
...but, but, but you'd ruin the #1 ghetto industry; birthing illegitimate children.

Those kids bring in big bucks.
Truth

Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,364,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post

i think poor black kids should be able to go to the same schools as rich white kids.
Why? So they can fail? You must have the family support in order to be successful. If mom or dad or grandma or foster parent does not give a rat's behind, the kid will just be led to some major disappointment.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
Why? So they can fail? You must have the family support in order to be successful. If mom or dad or grandma or foster parent does not give a rat's behind, the kid will just be led to some major disappointment.
colcat nailed it.

A "poor Black" kid with parents who truly CARE about him will probably do BETTER in life than a "rich white" kid with selfish "parents" who are too busy making money and, having nannies and so on raise that kid.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:18 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

Public transportation has been in used for many years, going back to the early 20th century. Cities didn't start seeing horrible crime rates until Prohibition took place(and alot of criminals had cars), and between the late 1960s-mid 1990s(drug war).

How do you stop criminals who get obtain motor transportation? I speak as someone who got jumped by criminals who had a car(and I didn't have a car). How do you stop the carjackers? How do you stop the criminals who steal cars? Once cars get stolen, nothing you can do, other than tear down the Interstate system, which everyone needs.

And something else I want to point out. There are suburbs in metro Atlanta with hardly any public transportation to speak of, and the crime has been rapidly rising in some of those areas. Douglasville, Lithia Springs, Hiram. And there is gang activity in many suburban areas, with many gang members using cars, not public transportation, to get around. Alot of gang members in the area figured out that the relatively messed up transportation system of metro Atlanta means having a car is more practical in getting their criminal activities accomplished.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:23 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,231,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
We've already been there and done that countless times and it always plays out the same way.
  1. The government relocates projects into mid-to-upper class neighborhoods or otherwise pushes a massive influx of minorities in.
  2. The wealthy people there leave in droves.
  3. Now you have abandoned nice houses everywhere -- kick in the door and you got yourself a house.
  4. The nice houses get wrecked.
  5. The nice part of town gradually becomes a total craphole slum.

That's pretty much what happened to Gary, Indiana and a bunch of other towns in America. The results are quite predictable. When rich people feel their exclusive neighborhood is being invaded by people they perceive as poor, dirty, criminal and above all else property value wreckers -- they just leave and let the newcomers wreck the place.
Doesn't even have to be in a town of "rich" folks. Doesn't matter the color of skin either - "trash" is a mindset.

When folks who have that mindset move anywhere in large groups, it doesn't take long for things to start going sideways in a community. They don't wake up one day and say "I want to change my life because just look at my rich neighbors down the street". If anything they become more resentful because now the disparity between them and the perceived "haves" is right up in their faces. At the grocery store, at the schools, etc.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Doesn't even have to be in a town of "rich" folks. Doesn't matter the color of skin either - "trash" is a mindset.

When folks who have that mindset move anywhere in large groups, it doesn't take long for things to start going sideways in a community. They don't wake up one day and say "I want to change my life because just look at my rich neighbors down the street". If anything they become more resentful because now the disparity between them and the perceived "haves" is right up in their faces. At the grocery store, at the schools, etc.
So very true there!

Tho some of us "have nots" try to stay AWAY from fancy areas because we don't feel at ease there.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:36 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,826,311 times
Chicago did something similar. Tore down the projects and put the people living there throughout the city. Result? A murder rate resembling third world countries, including a 9-yr old who was executed at point blank range as revenge for his gang banter father shooting s rival gang member and his mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies