Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 10:02 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,728,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Even many Jews look down on Qr Folk AND are straight bigots against especially Black people. Not all Jewish people are any kind of liberal.
Jews are the most pro-gay of any religious group, with some 80% supporting gay rights and same-sex marriage. Are there anti-gay Jews? Yes, but they're almost always Orthodox and it's a minority of Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 12:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,336,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Who is mistreating them? Sounds like in addition to a rare personality deviation these people have a serious need for attention and victim mentality.

I think a lot of people are tired of their constant whining. It's pretty annoying, like a 3 year old having a temper tantrum in the restaurant, except its been going on for like 10 years.
I totally agree with your comment about the behaviour and mentality of some these conservative Christians who get their knickers in a knot, but why do you think it's a rare personality deviation?

Old 04-15-2016, 07:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,887,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Muslims featured in YouTube video say it falsely portrays them

It was GOLDEN bakery that said that they do not make wedding cakes.
Does the place have 2 different names?

From your link: In the video, Crowder accuses Faten Tofeili, a manager at Dearborn Sweets, of refusing to take his order. In a response posted on Facebook, Tofeili wrote, "I am the worker from Dearborn Sweets. No one from our bakery turned him down. We kindly accepted him and his cake order and we treated him as if he was any other customer. The fact that he is displaying our bakery as turning him down is a lie."

Why were they asking Crowder to go across the street?

Old 04-15-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Jews are the most pro-gay of any religious group, with some 80% supporting gay rights and same-sex marriage. Are there anti-gay Jews? Yes, but they're almost always Orthodox and it's a minority of Jews.
Is there some kind of proof to what you say? I kind of find it funny Christians are the only ones asked to explain the Old Testament........isn't this where the anti-gay stuff is found?

I never knew one culture liked things over other people.......seems it's more about being an individual than a group when it comes to accepting those different than you or me.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,138,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Does the place have 2 different names?

From your link: In the video, Crowder accuses Faten Tofeili, a manager at Dearborn Sweets, of refusing to take his order. In a response posted on Facebook, Tofeili wrote, "I am the worker from Dearborn Sweets. No one from our bakery turned him down. We kindly accepted him and his cake order and we treated him as if he was any other customer. The fact that he is displaying our bakery as turning him down is a lie."

Why were they asking Crowder to go across the street?
There were 3 different bakeries in that video. Dearborn Sweets said that they told him that they would make the cake, but he edited that out. Golden bakery said that they do not make cakes and told him to try across the street.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,728,799 times
Quote:
Is there some kind of proof to what you say? I kind of find it funny Christians are the only ones asked to explain the Old Testament........isn't this where the anti-gay stuff is found?
No, it's just where rights wingers who know nothing about the Bible like to cherry pick.

US Jews among the most supportive of gay marriage | The Times of Israel

"Pew figures show 76% of Jews support legalizing gay marriage, higher than all but the youngest and most liberal of Democrats"

Old 04-15-2016, 08:29 AM

18,402 posts, read 7,022,426 times
Quote:
Intolerance and hatred don't warrant tolerance. It doesn't work that way. No sane person is expected to be tolerant of the KKK, Nazis, or ISIS. That doesn't make them an intolerant person.

Wow you know I never looked at it that way....

I must have missed the news release when these Christian bakers began lynching, burning crosses, beheading, blowing up and herding gay people into ovens by the millions.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There were 3 different bakeries in that video. Dearborn Sweets said that they told him that they would make the cake, but he edited that out. Golden bakery said that they do not make cakes and told him to try across the street.
You can keep trying to cover up for the bakery, you sure never have taken the time to support a Christian baker.......your true colors are showing!
Dearborn Wedding Cakes | Wedding Cake Toppers | Find Wedding Cakes in Dearborn, Michigan
Dearborn Golden Bakery

Wedding Cakes
Dearborn, MI 48126

Quote:
No, it's just where rights wingers who know nothing about the Bible like to cherry pick.
What are you talking about? You seriously think all Dems support gay marriage? You people are more easily fooled than even the Dems thought possible.

Quote:

"Pew figures show 76% of Jews support legalizing gay marriage, higher than all but the youngest and most liberal of Democrats"
Easy to find moderate Americans, how about Jews in other countries?

Today, 61% of Republicans and Republican leaners under 30 favor same-sex marriage while just 35% oppose it. By contrast, just 27% of Republicans ages 50 and older favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry.
Young Republicans favor same-sex marriage | Pew Research Center

Republicans Are Driving the Momentum for Gay Marriage - The Atlantic

Democrats don't own the gays, although they love to claim they own, (I mean help) those they help keep down. Silly for anyone to think one party helps others over another group. more like they use each group until they get ahead.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 AM

29,378 posts, read 9,560,033 times
Quote:

How did this thread about the gay couple wanting a wedding cake turn to all this about Jews? Reminds me of watching the movies where more often than not there is the appearance of something Jewish for no real rhyme or reason. If you didn't know better, you would think those of Jewish faith were a majority of Americans or something...

Old 04-15-2016, 09:33 AM

29,378 posts, read 9,560,033 times
Quote:
Democrats don't own the gays, although they love to claim they own, (I mean help) those they help keep down. Silly for anyone to think one party helps others over another group. more like they use each group until they get ahead.
Seems you are serious about this comment. Of course, no one "owns" gays, but if you are considering where one party stands vs the other, you might do well to consider how most LGBT people vote (liberal) and that the Religious Right is "owned" (to use your terminology) by the GOP, and needless to say, we all know how the Religious Right voting block feels about gay marriage, Pro-Choice, and all the rest that the Religious Right finds in conflict with the Bible and/or their faith.

It is not at all "silly" to consider which party is helping the LGBT community more than the other. In fact, it is exactly that consideration that has the LGBT community pretty much overwhelmingly voting other than Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies