Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 10:53 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've worked 4 jobs at a time. Stop with the excuses.
I bet not for long working two jobs is not good not good for health for relationships for mental sanity. If a bunch of low wage workers got two jobs there would be less jobs available not all of them would be able to find work and what about the unemployed they could not find a job either.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Sure, you have. :roll eyes:

Stop with the lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
In between.

I worked with a woman who worked 7-3:30, stopped home to feed her family, and was going back to college by 6 at night, studying when she got home.

I now have a cousin who works 7-4:30, attends college at night, and volunteers 8 hours a week.

The problem is the low skilled workforce is often not motivated. That is why many of them still do McJobs at McPay. The cure for that is internal, not external.
Amazing that you know two people with eerily similar (and brutal) schedules! I totally believe you. Really.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:05 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Nice try, but....

You can't argue with anyone who actively ignores the major differences between owning/running/managing a small business and a large corporation......and how this $15/hr will affect both types VERY differently.
I agree, you seem to not understand what a franchise is.....

Quote:
4 jobs at the same time? I am sure you did.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:15 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
No business is entitled to have employees especially if they can not pay them enough to live on. If you can not afford to pay your employees a decent wage you do not need to have employees until you can. Having employees just so you can profit while they make non livable wages is unethical.
What planet do you live on?

Who the heck is forcing employees to work for a business if the employee's expenses outweigh their paycheck?

If you can't afford to work a job that doesn't pay your bills - you are MORE THAN FREE to find one that does.

Employees aren't "given" to businesses....businesses don't "have" employees, they EMPLOY them. It's a mutual agreement.

Last edited by Informed Info; 04-13-2016 at 12:37 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
And how many of them are still making a low wage working two jobs? When do they find the time to learn a better skill?
Whose fault is that? This isn't 1916, it's 2016.

You assume they'd better themselves if they didn't have to pay their bills in the meantime...and at some job that pays them what they need to "live" as opposed to what the job they perform is worth?

College kid needs beer money and doesn't whine about a "living wage", but a person with 5 kids who performs the same job College Kid does in need of beer money should be paid more? For WHAT reason? Ringing up a cash register should pay more because you did everything wrong and need diapers as opposed to beer money?

Should have thought about that before you got stuck in a situation that you created for yourself.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I agree, you seem to not understand what a franchise is.....
What are you twisting NOW?

No, we do not agree. You need to learn how to follow along.

Quote:
4 jobs at the same time? I am sure you did.
Who are you to doubt?

My friend cuts/styles hair 2 days a week for a few hours (Job #1), has her own commercial cleaning business - with employees - that she & her husband manage, he's a paid fire-fighter (Job #2), owns rental properties (Job #3), sells Pampered Chef 24/7 (Job #4), is a mom to her two children (Job #5).

There's 5 jobs.

She quit working for the NSA (alongside her father who is still there) about 10 years ago - yeah.

AND....she's in nursing school.

Go figure?

What the excuse now?

Old 04-13-2016, 01:02 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Whose fault is that? This isn't 1916, it's 2016.

You assume they'd better themselves if they didn't have to pay their bills in the meantime...and at some job that pays them what they need to "live" as opposed to what the job they perform is worth?

College kid needs beer money and doesn't whine about a "living wage", but a person with 5 kids who performs the same job College Kid does in need of beer money should be paid more? For WHAT reason? Ringing up a cash register should pay more because you did everything wrong and need diapers as opposed to beer money?

Should have thought about that before you got stuck in a situation that you created for yourself.
That is what happens when people aren't paid a living wage, they have to work even more hours, thus taking away any time they could to learn a skill or trade to help them earn more money.

In case you haven't been listening, college kids are also saying there needs to be a living wage, maybe you need to start paying attention to what people are saying.

Well not everyone can be birthed by wealthy parents.

Quote:
What are you twisting NOW?

No, we do not agree. You need to learn how to follow along.

Who are you to doubt?

My friend cuts/styles hair 2 days a week for a few hours (Job #1), has her own commercial cleaning business - with employees - that she & her husband manage, he's a paid fire-fighter (Job #2), owns rental properties (Job #3), sells Pampered Chef 24/7 (Job #4), is a mom to her two children (Job #5).

There's 5 jobs.

She quit working for the NSA (alongside her father who is still there) about 10 years ago - yeah.

AND....she's in nursing school.

Go figure?

What the excuse now?
Not twisting anything, you just aren't paying attention....go back and reread the posts.

Ah, so your friend doesn't have five jobs, her and her husband together have "five" jobs. Though your "friend" seems to be quite the "active" person.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx;43696500[/quote

In case you haven't been listening, college kids are also saying there needs to be a living wage, maybe you need to start paying attention to what people are saying.
Like college kids? Are you a college aged person?

I employ college kids. I also employ adults who messed their lives up and never went to college - lucky if they have their GED...

You can spot the difference between the generational/perpetual losers vs. the "I screwed up and now have to catch up" in two seconds.

I don't listen to EITHER when it comes down to how I should run my business FOR THEM, let alone anything else.

Quote:
Who said anything about being born with a silver spoon in one's mouth?

Old 04-13-2016, 01:55 AM

Quote:
That is what happens when people aren't paid a living wage, they have to work even more hours, thus taking away any time they could to learn a skill or trade to help them earn more money.

Not twisting anything, you just aren't paying attention....go back and reread the posts.

Ah, so your friend doesn't have five jobs, her and her husband together have "five" jobs. Though your "friend" seems to be quite the "active" person.
Stop twisting everything to suit your agenda.

The FF worker serving up a burger doesn't kill the cow or make it in to patties - does that discount the FF's employees job?

Yes, she is. Some people are born/raised that way, unlike waaaay too many others.

What do you do for a living?

Last edited by Informed Info; 04-13-2016 at 02:06 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 03:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Sure, you have. :roll eyes:

Stop with the lies.

Amazing that you know two people with eerily similar (and brutal) schedules! I totally believe you. Really.
I'm detecting liberal elitism wrapped in hypocrisy... The kind that made MLK nearly give up when he walked into Illinois.

You've never known anyone to work full time and go to school at night?

What sort of Ivory Tower do you folks live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies