Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 07:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Remember when those illegal aliens and their fans had their "rights" protests in 2006? THAT pissed off a LOT of us Americans. Now; I just want the rest of the illegals OUT of the US, if it means using force, so be it.
Hear hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 07:25 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Remember when those illegal aliens and their fans had their "rights" protests in 2006? THAT pissed off a LOT of us Americans. Now; I just want the rest of the illegals OUT of the US, if it means using force, so be it.
All I'm saying is illegal immigration numbers have stabilized and are going down.

There are far worse problems facing America than South American illegal immigration. Our country has huge deficits, huge national debt growth, we are sending our highest paying jobs to Asia, our currency has lost value, everything we buy is made in China, we have Muslim terrorists who want to kill us, our education system is in disorder, our nations infrastructure is decaying, Social Security spending will increase in the future, ex.ex.

This political forum even has a separate section for Illegal Immigration. Is there a serperate section for national debt growth or everything we buy being made in China? no

I can respect your views on illegal immigrants and the (minor) problems they cause. But the republicans current OUTRAGE over illegal immigrants is unjustified, and its taking TOO MUCH attention away from the endless list of problems this country faces.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
All I'm saying is illegal immigration numbers have stabilized and are going down.

There are far worse problems facing America than South American illegal immigration. Our country has huge deficits, huge national debt growth, we are sending our highest paying jobs to Asia, our currency has lost value, everything we buy is made in China, we have Muslim terrorists who want to kill us, our education system is in disorder, our nations infrastructure is decaying, Social Security spending will increase in the future, ex.ex.

This political forum even has a separate section for Illegal Immigration. Is there a serperate section for national debt growth or everything we buy being made in China? no

I can respect your views on illegal immigrants and the (minor) problems they cause. But the republicans current OUTRAGE over illegal immigrants is unjustified, and its taking TOO MUCH attention away from the endless list of problems this country faces.
China: wages there are going UP so fast that less and less stuff's being made over there, it's to the point that production's starting to come BACK to the US.

Islamists: it'd be open season on their kind and, they KNOW it. Unlike Europe; we can and WILL put them in their place, by ANY means necessary.

The rest of what you talked about worries me too. Tho tossing OUT the illegals will help free jobs for Americans.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
China: wages there are going UP so fast that less and less stuff's being made over there, it's to the point that production's starting to come BACK to the US.
I had no idea (I'm amazed/shocked.)

"In 2001, the average hourly manufacturing wage in the Yangtze River Delta was 82¢ an hour. And oil was $20 a barrel, so no matter where you were ultimately selling your Chinese-made goods, it didn’t cost much to get it there."

"Today workers in the Yangtze make almost $5 an hour today, and oil costs about $85 a barrel. Suddenly the benefits of making things in China aren’t so apparent, especially if you’re selling those things to consumers in the U.S."

"Within five years, U.S. executives also expect that nearly half their global manufacturing capacity will be located in the U.S., a big change from just a few years ago. While it’s a small sample size—252 senior execs at companies with at least $1 billion of sales—it’s telling of the change that’s under way."

China's Rising Wages and the 'Made in USA' Revival - Bloomberg

Quote:
Islamists: it'd be open season on their kind and, they KNOW it. Unlike Europe; we can and WILL put them in their place, by ANY means necessary.
Something needs to be done about them before they get biological weapons and kill millions of people.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
----
Have a pleasant evening Packard fan,
Chad.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I had no idea (I'm amazed/shocked.)

"In 2001, the average hourly manufacturing wage in the Yangtze River Delta was 82¢ an hour. And oil was $20 a barrel, so no matter where you were ultimately selling your Chinese-made goods, it didn’t cost much to get it there."

"Today workers in the Yangtze make almost $5 an hour today, and oil costs about $85 a barrel. Suddenly the benefits of making things in China aren’t so apparent, especially if you’re selling those things to consumers in the U.S."

"Within five years, U.S. executives also expect that nearly half their global manufacturing capacity will be located in the U.S., a big change from just a few years ago. While it’s a small sample size—252 senior execs at companies with at least $1 billion of sales—it’s telling of the change that’s under way."

China's Rising Wages and the 'Made in USA' Revival - Bloomberg

Something needs to be done about them before they get biological weapons and kill millions of people.
China’s working age population saw its biggest decline in 2015, underscoring demographers’ warnings of an oncoming labor shortage in the country.

The number of workers aged 16 to 59 dropped by a record 4.87 million to 911 million last year, compared to decline of 3.71 million in 2014, according to China’s National Bureau of Statistics.

China’s Working-Age Population Sees Biggest-Ever Decline - China Real Time Report - WSJ

China's fast running out of time just looking at those numbers ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies