Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel
They should be Drafted regardless if gay or not 28 66.67%
If they can't serve now they shouln't be drafted 14 33.33%
they should only serve if they are drafted during war time 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,093,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF Intel View Post
Then there is the question about the folks that have been discharged already for homosexuality. What for them? Do they then become eligable for the draft too? They were kicked out once upon a time for being gay - but then a draft goes into effect and they are required to come back and serve. BS! They were ready, willing, and able to serve NOW - but you woulnd't have them. Now - you (the US Govt) is in a bind and you need those bodies back....You should have thought about that before you let those talented people go.
I would venture to say wether they get drafted after being discharged now would likely depend on the type of discharge - general or dishonerable and according to DH the policies are becoming less clear. People will tell you that to falsely accuse someone of being gay in the military can and will be the end of your career, while proceedings brought against gays are becoming more rare as a general trend.

remember that the final say regarding wether to bring on proceeding to terminate a career lies with the chain of command, in most cases the base commander has a hand in deciding what course of action to take, then you have to go forward with Article 15 proceedings.

Are you duck footed? Have patella femoral syndrome? Depression? Suicidal thoughts? Asthma? There are numerous disqualifying diagnoses...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 08:29 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Well, if declaring oneself to be gay continues to be reason enough to not be allowed into the military, and unjust wars based on lies continue to be fought, if the Draft is ever reinstated and they start drafting men up to the age of 45, I'll be the first on my knees reaching for the recruiters fly.
I was just strolling through all the old topics and came across this one....classic MoMark, I love it!!!!! It couldn't have been said better!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 08:34 AM

409 posts, read 1,236,922 times
Last time I checked, a gun doesn't care about the sexual orientation of the person pulling the trigger - draft everyone, regardless of race, creed, national origin (as long as they are citizens), religion, or sexual orientation.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 AM

409 posts, read 1,236,922 times
As a famous comedian once said - "I'm against gay marriage - unless both chicks are really hot".

Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
As a famous comedian once said - "I'm against gay marriage - unless both chicks are really hot".
...but I am a hot chick!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Well, if declaring oneself to be gay continues to be reason enough to not be allowed into the military, and unjust wars based on lies continue to be fought, if the Draft is ever reinstated and they start drafting men up to the age of 45, I'll be the first on my knees reaching for the recruiters fly.

HA! Thanks for the laugh, MoMark! I appreciate the sense of humor! Now I'll be able to go into work at La-La Land....errr...Lowe's...with a refreshed spirit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies