Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:51 PM

1,431 posts, read 907,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's such common knowledge that he's a clown, but surprisingly he still manages to get his mug on the air saying silly divisive stuff.

He has no interest in making things better for black America, he's just a tool trying to figure out a way to line his pockets.
I agree with you. People have to treat him like a spoiled toddler. Stop entertaining his outbursts, and he'll eventually go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 05:05 PM

11,299 posts, read 16,602,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Great.

Conservatives are obsessed with social justice warriors.

Meanwhile, like you said, blacks are mostly insouciant.

Nah...conservatives actually seek out Sharpton so that they can manufacture some outrage.

But yeah...I was being humorous. Lol

I'll say that Sharpton is loony if I think he's loony. I'll say that I disagree with him respectfully on an issue.

What I won't do is say that I dislike him if I dislike him. I don't play into the divide and conquer strategy. Non blacks don't need to know all that in my opinion. Even if I don't stand with Sharpton on an issue or ANY issue for that matter, that's between Sharpton and I. Outsiders should just assume that we're united unless I tell them that we aren't.

Now if Sharpton goes Tom, that's different. Then I gotta hammer him. But til then, mums the word.
HMMMM??? Those words sure sound racist.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:05 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,522,600 times
Quote:
So just because some conservatives don't like him, he gets an "A ok" stamp of approval from you??

Some bizarre logic there man. I don't identify as conservative, I'm more of a middle of the road guy and I'd like to think that people use rational logic when examining someone's position or views about things.
You should know by know that you can't use the word 'logic' and Leftist in the same sentence, or in the same paragraph for that matter. With them it is all ideology and emotion.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:11 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,522,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Great.

Conservatives are obsessed with social justice warriors.

"Social Justice Warriors", I guess that's Ebonic for race baiting extortionists and thieves.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:17 PM

51,952 posts, read 52,370,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I'm not sure if it's technically racism, but certainly that term gets thrown around too much, especially toward more conservative black people. I didn't really agree with a few things Carson says, but he's getting heat from the far left and he was called that silly term. It's a highly outdated term that really shouldn't be in use today, it's basically morphed from it's original intent into trying to belittle less liberal black folks if they don't align themselves with the "professional victims" crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You should know by know that you can't use the word 'logic' and Leftist in the same sentence, or in the same paragraph for that matter. With them it is all ideology and emotion.
I score a pretty firm moderate with slight left leaning and I don't get this "tow the line" mentality that people have, if someone is acting like a bonehead they should be called out on it, I bust on the far right as much as I bust on the far left.

Both ends can be bat crap crazy, I don't make excuses or cover up bad behavior just because it sorta goes against my politics.

Cognitive dissonance is running rampant in this modern culture, along with hyper-PC stuff too.

Last edited by Chowhound; 04-14-2016 at 05:28 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 06:18 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Al is a frequent visitor to the White House
and Hillary is busy sucking up to him.
MSNBC gave him a prime time show.
Wait...it's conservatives seeking him out?
Correct.
Quote:
It's such common knowledge that he's a clown, but surprisingly he still manages to get his mug on the air saying silly divisive stuff.

He has no interest in making things better for black America, he's just a tool trying to figure out a way to line his pockets.
So. He bloviates and is divisive. So is Bill O'Reilly...who makes a lot more than Sharpton.

Not to mention such divisive white men as Limbaugh,Hannity, or Savage. Who have they ever helped? What unity have they ever sown?

None. Moreover, so what if he's trying to line his pockets.

So am I. And so are YOU! Everyone in America is out to make a buck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
So.
Quote:
"Social Justice Warriors", I guess that's Ebonic for race baiting extortionists and thieves.
I speak English. But since you're apparently the Ebonics expert, I'll defer to you on the matter.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:41 PM

51,952 posts, read 52,370,290 times
Quote:
MLK was a social justice warrior, I have no issues with that use of that term when applied properly.

Sharpton, Jackson, they are divisive, say divisive things and keep people hostage with the way they conduct their business.

White America is terrified to come under those guys scrutiny because of the PC times were living in.

IDK, strange strange way things have been progressing these last couple of decades, maybe I'm naïve or whatever, but things don't have to be this screwed up, if people just gave the next guy a little consideration we'd probably all be a bit better off.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,841,966 times
Quote:
MLK was a social justice warrior, I have no issues with that use of that term when applied properly.

Sharpton, Jackson, they are divisive, say divisive things and keep people hostage with the way they conduct their business.

White America is terrified to come under those guys scrutiny because of the PC times were living in.

IDK, strange strange way things have been progressing these last couple of decades, maybe I'm naïve or whatever, but things don't have to be this screwed up, if people just gave the next guy a little consideration we'd probably all be a bit better off.
Dr King IMHO he'd be a Tea Party member in 2016 since his "liberal" values of 1965 are almost "conservative" now.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:03 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Dr King IMHO he'd be a Tea Party member in 2016 since his "liberal" values of 1965 are almost "conservative" now.
Let's not get carried away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies