Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 10:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How do you know the weren't city zoning officials correcting a violation.
Seriously?

The article says they were allegedly Tulane football players.

'filled with connotations of hate and ignorance'

Make America Great again. Who would find this ignorant and hateful?

'By writing Trump in large, red letters across the “wall,” KA changed what was a tradition of building a wall into a tradition of constructing a border, symbolizing separation and xenophobia.

These are mind numbed robots.

I will say it is symbolic in that just like Dems and liberal elites want to tear down borders for the country, these people tore down the symbolic border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 10:44 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This may deal with intolerance but not really free speech or property rights. A college can determine both.....they only question is whether they should or not.
Right, blacks -again- destroying private property is really going to do wonders for dealing with "intolerance". Tolerance is a one way street with you liberals.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
This may deal with intolerance but not really free speech or property rights. A college can determine both.....they only question is whether they should or not.
Apparently you missed this part of the article:
"Photos of the wall circulated on social media after it was erected on April 7 on the off-campus house of the university's chapter of Kappa Alpha Order."[LEFT]
Read more: Tulane University fraternity causes uproar after erecting 'Donald Trump wall' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/LEFT]

Do the College rules extend to OFF CAMPUS houses?
The House is owned by the Fraternity. It is NOT on College property. Seems to me that makes it private property. If so, those thugs (yes, IMO, they WERE or are thugs, and I call it as I see it!) were trespassing! They also violated the laws against littering. IMO, they also violated the civil rights of the Fraternity members.
They SHOULD be prosecuted for all those violations of the law, and any others that can be proven.
But, as we all know, they won't be.
It is, IMO, a sad commentary on our times.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Right, blacks -again- destroying private property is really going to do wonders for dealing with "intolerance". Tolerance is a one way street with you liberals.
Assume much? I don't support going on others property and tearing stuff up outside of a few rare occasions which this wouldn't be one.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Assume much? I don't support going on others property and tearing stuff up outside of a few rare occasions which this wouldn't be one.
Did you watch the video? Just to be sure, I went back and watched it again. Sure enough, it looks like the guys throwing the sandbags into the street are mostly black guys. I say "mostly" only because a couple of them appear to be rather light skinned. Maybe they are white guys with a real good tan.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Really?

Are you saying that because you would be OK with someone tearing up your property?
Wow. What part of me saying that I didn't support what went on here did you not understand?

Quote:
Or are you saying this because you understand that it's a one way street with regards to how the laws are enforced?
They are.....I've argued that many times and why it's wrong. I'm usually told that those who have the law ignored when they are harmed deserved it.

Quote:
Make America Great... Trump... worthy of property destruction. And people wonder why we are where we are...
I do not understand what that is supposed to mean. The destruction is Trump's fault?

Old 04-14-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Did you watch the video? Just to be sure, I went back and watched it again. Sure enough, it looks like the guys throwing the sandbags into the street are mostly black guys. I say "mostly" only because a couple of them appear to be rather light skinned. Maybe they are white guys with a real good tan.
I have no how clue how their race would have anything to do with anything I've said.

Is that the first thing you notice and build your position around?

Old 04-14-2016, 11:40 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
They should have pulled out their guns and shot those buttholes.
Instead they stood there like a bunch of pansies and let them get away with it.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:53 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Wow. What part of me saying that I didn't support what went on here did you not understand?

They are.....I've argued that many times and why it's wrong. I'm usually told that those who have the law ignored when they are harmed deserved it.

I do not understand what that is supposed to mean. The destruction is Trump's fault?

I'm sorry - I misread your post. I will wipe that post away.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I have no how clue how their race would have anything to do with anything I've said.

Is that the first thing you notice and build your position around?
OK, so your "Assume much." didn't have anything to do with the statement you quoted about blacks.
I thought that was what you were referring to.
So, as I stated, I went back and watched the video again. Sure enough, it appears that the sandbag throwers were black.
Perhaps if your statement had been more clear, I would not have made that mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies