Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 10:30 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How many manufacturers are sued in powertool accidents?
I don't know but if the technology is available to prevent those accidents it's possible. You can't put a cost on losing a couple of fingers but if the tech makes the saw very expensive it becomes a matter of being practical. Saving 1 Joe Schmoe from cutting his fingers isn't helping the other million people that can't afford the saw. One successful lawsuit and they will all have this tech. Here's a guy willing to stand behind his product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mzhvMgrLE

Old 05-11-2016, 10:33 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How many manufacturers are sued in powertool accidents?
Waiting for someone to weigh in and ask "How powerful do you really need that table saw to be?"

Everyone has all of these wonderful ideas on what I/we "really" need, all I need is for people to mind their own business as long as I'm abiding by the law and driving/operating my car, gun, power tool, kitchen knife, crow bar, baseball bat, or tricycle in a responsible manner.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Waiting for someone to weigh in and ask "How powerful do you really need that table saw to be?"
It's kind of like a knife where dull is not safe. More power on a table saw is definitely safer. What would fit that profile is a grinder, if there is one tool in the tool box that should have a giant warning label on it that says "I will hurt you" that's the one.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:43 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,587 times
There should never be any reason for a person to have to justify anything of any kind of a purchase. The simple fact you want it; you are not breaking the law; and you can afford to buy what ever you are wanting to buy; should be the only justification that a person should require. I do not like this "WHY DO YOU NEED THIS ITEM". No one should have to try and justify a purchase, because someone else does not think YOU NEED IT, it quite frankly is none of their business.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
There should never be any reason for a person to have to justify anything of any kind of a purchase. The simple fact you want it; you are not breaking the law; and you can afford to buy what ever you are wanting to buy; should be the only justification that a person should require. I do not like this "WHY DO YOU NEED THIS ITEM". No one should have to try and justify a purchase, because someone else does not think YOU NEED IT, it quite frankly is none of their business.
I would agree but if lawsuits like this one can succeed it's going to get quite difficult for anyone to make or sell you said item.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
True. I just cant count the days fast enough until we get to the point where the government takes away everything and leaves us with only soft rubber spoons to eat soup with so we cant stab anyone, but can still get nutrition without choking on solid foods. Its embarrassing how much people are just dying to have any and all responsibility removed from their lives and handed over to the government so they can be told what to do and when to do it.

Of course the soup will have to be served cold only.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:27 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Of course the soup will have to be served cold only.
Of course, I mean why do you need it that hot anyway? What are you up to with such hot soup?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:46 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
Default In 3, 2, 1 ... Action!

another curious way to treat a victim: (only a minute or so long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULzrHRrZpzs

Old 05-13-2016, 07:17 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
another curious way to treat a victim: (only a minute or so long)
What is wrong with you? I know many people personally affected by this tragedy and here you are saying it's... what.... staged? Go over to the CT forum and mention Sandy Hook... many of the regular posters (myself included) personally know victim's families.. go to any town in western CT and mention the children at Sandy Hook Elementary, you'll be met with welled up eyes. It wasn't staged. It wasn't a f-ing hoax. There were no hollywood actors in CT on Dec 14, 2012.

I wish that were the case... so do 26 families and so does a town of 25,000. So do all the cops, EMS and firefighters in Newtown and surrounding towns who responded. So do all the doctors and nurses who fought their hardest to keep alive the few who were brought to the hospital.

So basically, $crew you.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:20 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
What is wrong with you? I know many people personally affected by this tragedy and here you are saying it's... what.... staged? Go over to the CT forum and mention Sandy Hook... many of the regular posters (myself included) personally know victim's families.. It wasn't staged. It wasn't a f-ing hoax. There were no hollywood actors in CT on Dec 14, 2012.

I wish that were the case... so do 26 families and so does a town of 25,000. So do all the cops, EMS and firefighters in Newtown and surrounding towns who responded. So do all the doctors and nurses who fought their hardest to keep alive the few who were brought to the hospital.

So basically, $crew you.
People are idiots - especially the conspiracy theorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies