Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times

Advertisements

I agree it is media. The government doesn't report anything.

I also don't agree that government controls the media. Moneyed persons control the government. Moneyed persons control the media. People who are creating racial strife in the country are moneyed persons who control both government and media and who stand to be financially increased based upon the fragmentation of Americans due to race.

FWIW, this is not new in America. Review Bacon's Rebellion

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
It was the first rebellion in the American colonies in which discontented frontiersmen took part; a similar uprising in Maryland took place later that year. The alliance between indentured servants (mostly Caucasians) and Africans (most enslaved until death or freed), united by their bond-servitude, disturbed the ruling class, who responded by hardening the racial caste of slavery in an attempt to divide the two races from subsequent united uprisings with the passage of the Virginia Slave Codes of 1705
The wealthy were the only ones allowed to vote during that period. Contrary to popular belief, our country was founded primarily on greed and the potential opportunity for wealth by Europeans in "the New World" in regards to tobacco farming in Virginia. This rebellion united the lower classes, regardless of race and the system of black chattel slavery was instituted as a result. Something which has divided America on race since that time.

By continuing to focus on "racial" issues instead of "just" issues, we are ignoring the moneyed classes who control media and government and who are only out for themselves and their class of persons in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 10:05 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some people are so blind to their own party they like to act like the other party has no blacks. Herman Cain and Ben Carson are black men, but you people act like they are half white.
Herman Cain was a token to the Republicans. Ben Carson seems like a decent man, although unqualified to be president.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
And Dems are racist toward the minority of black Repubs. You know Dems hate it when a few escape their plantation.
Actually, the most racism I've seen is right here on this forum, and I doubt you guys are being controlled by the government.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And Republicans continue to claim they don't understand why blacks won't vote for the GOP. But anyone reading this thread or any of the dozens more like it with an objective eye need no further explanation.
Ain't it the truth. There is no big tent in the Republican party.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:13 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
And Republicans continue to claim they don't understand why blacks won't vote for the GOP. But anyone reading this thread or any of the dozens more like it with an objective eye need no further explanation.
It's all about the money. If Republicans put a big push on for reparations, blacks would be falling all over themselves to vote for the GOP.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
There has always been racial tension. That hasn't been fixed yet. People just kept quiet and minded there business.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's all about the money. If Republicans put a big push on for reparations, blacks would be falling all over themselves to vote for the GOP.
Again, you simply don't get it. You treat blacks as if they're too stupid to actually hear the things conservatives and Republicans routinely spout about them (like your post, for example) but then complain because blacks won't vote for the GOP.

And as long as you continue to spout crap like this, they will continue to not vote for the GOP.

But go ahead and pretend they don't support Republicans for any other reason except the real one. Because that tactic has served the GOP so well so far.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:20 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Crook #1 distracts the victim while crook #2 picks his pocket.

Now picture this on a massive scale and you've got our crony government.
People within our government want the population as dependent upon the federal government as possible.

Our own government wants the citizen sitting on the edges of their seats, wringing their hands in anxiety. Meanwhile these same politicians sowing fear are setting themselves up as the only ones who can keep the barbarians at the gate.

So naturally those in government need to continually create new demons, to create a perpetual state of fear and anxiety within the population.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:36 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
LOL, I am black.

I am not a huge supporter of reparations and especially so not in the form of a check or "money." As stated in a recent thread about reparations, I would prefer if they were given (which I know they won't be and I'm sure a majority of black people know it would never happen) they were only free healthcare via an expansion of Medicaid along with free college/university tuition at public universities. That's it.

The GOP would not garner a lot of support IMO if it pushed for reparations. They would garner more support if they quit generalizing and racializing specific issues like poverty and crime. I have stated I live in Ohio and nearly 30% of the black population (including myself) voted for the current GOP governor in our last election (Kasich, which is why it would be a good idea IMO for the GOP to run him, he is not seen nearly as negative by black Americans versus Trump and Cruz). This had mostly to do with him expanding Obamacare here in regards to Medicaid unlike a majority of the other GOP governors. It helped a lot of older black single persons in particular (aged 50-64) who are currently ineligible for Medicare due to their youth. Also, he has been pretty invested and interested in the black business community in Ohio.

FYI, black people who vote, by and large are over 35 years old and middle income. They do not need handouts or "free stuff" on any large scale (even though I'm still trying to see how I can get whatever free stuff you all think black people get lol). They are interested in healthcare and crime and the economy. They don't like and get sick of only negative things being talked about in regards to black Americans as that is not their/our reality.

I mostly "hang" with the black business crowd and the public employment folks (public administrators and today they are heavily business focused in regards to non-profit organizations and their bottom lines/profits). Things that you think we as black people are focused on, we probably are not. Most of us do not live in crime ridden areas. We are middle class and live in burbs. We work. We care about education and schools, etc. Take the focus off of race and old racial stereotypes and we will look to your party, same as what happened along the way with Kasich here in Ohio and you may even snatch some votes from the Dems.

Kasich Explains to Conservatives How He Won African American Votes

From the article:

Quote:
"The reason why I was able to get that percentage of the vote is I was involved in the school reform," Kasich, a Republican, told a Washington audience at the National Review Ideas Summit Friday afternoon. "You have to have good schools." Reforming the Cleveland public schools was a big deal to African-Americans in Cleveland," where more than half of residents are black, he added.
Quote:
He also suggested that awarding 20 percent of contracts in a recent highway project to African-American firms had been a success for communities of color. "I believe in entrepreneurship for everybody," Kasich said at the three-day event, the theme of which is "Why The Future is Conservative." "So what’s happened is by doing all those things and giving people a sense that everyone has a stake, everyone can be lifted, everyone can have potential, no one’s being left behind. That’s the message that we’ve sent in Ohio."
Quote:
He said he had also announced the formation of a task force to issue "a statewide policy on the use of deadly force and also a regimen for hiring and recruiting minorities into the police department."

Old 04-18-2016, 02:39 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Because that tactic has served the GOP so well so far.
Who's in charge of the House and Senate and blowing away Democrats in most states?

And it really is about the money, you just don't want to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies