Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this officer should have been suspended?
Yes 16 24.24%
No 17 25.76%
He should be fired 33 50.00%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:06 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
"I personally think it is very disrespectful to call someone who is you elder or an authority figure dude-shoudn't that be for a peer?"

Note the word elder with no exceptions placed on it in that statement. I was merely pointing out the flaw in that statement.
Wow, as much as I tried to refrain from response, I find that I must. I will quote Nicole's original post, with no exceptions place on it in the statement:

"Then they send out their disrespectful kids to school and out on the streets and God forbid a teacher or police officer actually try to instill some discipline into their perfect little angel."

Here, Nicole does not bring up any other group/occupation in society, merely teachers and police officers. And, sorry, they DO deserve your respect, especially if you are under age 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Wow, as much as I tried to refrain from response, I find that I must. I will quote Nicole's original post, with no exceptions place on it in the statement:

"Then they send out their disrespectful kids to school and out on the streets and God forbid a teacher or police officer actually try to instill some discipline into their perfect little angel."

Here, Nicole does not bring up any other group/occupation in society, merely teachers and police officers. And, sorry, they DO deserve your respect, especially if you are under age 18.
You did nothing but ignore the statement I quoted because it contradicted her later statements. Hey, whatever convinces you that you're making a valid point. I'm done with this thread. Unlike most, I leave when I see what threads are about to turn into, and I choose not to participate in such arguments.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:13 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
There was another clip of this same cop being a jerk with someone else last summer.
It seems to be a continuing problem with the same guy.
It might be on youtube.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Some one just posted a link. The guy definately has some issues.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Thanks 2mares, how'd I miss that?

Old 02-19-2008, 03:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks 2mares, how'd I miss that?
I found footage of the other incident here:

Local - WMAR ABC2 News Baltimore Marylands

This cop should never have been a cop. He obviously chose this line of work so he could "get back at everyone" after having the sand kicked in his face once too often.

He should not have suspension with pay - he should be fired and never again allowed in a position of authority that can give him a venue to abuse his power. He should also be obligated to an intensive anger management course to better get a grasp on his "issues", obviously from the footage we've seen he has a few.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I live not very far from Baltimore and can say that Baltimore has a LOT larger crime problems than skateboarders. Do you think that Baltimore got the nickname of Bodymorgue, Murderland for nothing? No one respects the police there and that video illustrates why. Someone on the Baltimore forum told a story about how he went into his house with his car running to get something and when he came out a cop wrote him a parking ticket with the car running. Now when you have violent crime like Baltimore has you should not even waste time writing tickets when people are getting shot up around the corner.

This cop should lose his job along with all the other corrupt Baltimore police officers (there are plenty of them).
Still doesn't give the cop to man handle the poor kid. Talk about a-holes, that cop has a serious issue.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM

114 posts, read 200,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
totally agreed. This is why our society is so f**cked. Kids acting nuts

Why do you blame the kids? Surely....... No Positively, something had haved to caused it. Like a fight. Unless your drunk, your not going to walk up to someone and randonly punch them in the face. I was 14 once I used to skateboard. I got harassed by cops ALOT but most of them ended up suspended or fired.

My Grandfather told me a story before.

There's 1 road that split's into 2 pathways. Each leads to a city, the left pathway is the world's most crime ridden place ever, the right one lead's to the cleanest and most harmless city ever. An one day a spark eventually flew in the air and both City changes directions. Left went right, right went left.

Long topic, short: $^!% happens, you can't please everyone.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 PM

114 posts, read 200,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess I grew up in a different place and time where kids did not disrespect and back talk adults expecially the cops, teachers etc. and where the officers reaction would be justified in such a situation. I am just sick of hearing smart mouth kids sassing adults. My brother is an officer and I recently heard his nearly 15 yr. old call him a fat ******. It was all I could do to keep from slapping the kid. My brother did nothing. I hear kids all the time talking bad to their parents. My 5 yr. old gs was talking to me about punching his mother in the face. I guess it is a hot button for me.
It is easy for us to sit and watch part of the situation and bad mouth the cop, but no one yet has said what THEY would do in this face to face situation.

My uncle was born in the 70's. When he was in kindergarden he knocked his teacher out. Don't give me any bull^%%@!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies