Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 02:51 PM

34,990 posts, read 16,956,874 times

Advertisements

A pit bull this time is the victim of crime rather than the perpetrator. But why are so many sick people so heavily invested with this breed? Man dangled dog over balcony to 'get back at' girl

Is this purely a phenomenon among urban and rural toughs?

Edited to add another sicko crime involving pit bull, Man accused of dog's rape and murder.

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-16-2016 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Edited to add another sicko crime involving pit bull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 02:56 PM

19,821 posts, read 12,084,715 times
It's likely not the first time Cocaine (the dog) has been abused. Fortunately, the POS was arrested.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It's likely not the first time Cocaine (the dog) has been abused. Fortunately, the POS was arrested.
What I wonder is why so many of these sick stories, both from the human and animal side, involve pit bulls.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:27 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
It has long been recognized that dogs are a mirror of their owners personality so it is quite logical that individuals with violent/depraved personalities would be attracted to dogs that they perceive, with some justification, with being aggressively violent. You aren't going to find many gang-bangers with toy poodles or Lhasa Apsos.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-personalities

Old 04-16-2016, 04:44 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,914,916 times
I can think of a couple people on this forum that would place the cretins status over the poor dogs simply because HOOMANS are SOOPERIORRRR, and anyone who thinks the cretins life is worth less than the dogs is WRONG and perhaps has a sexual fetish for dogs (that would be YOU who has said that in other anti-dog posts you've made, Shyguy and possibly Budlight as well).

BS. Anyone that would dare to hurt any innocent animal is HOOMAN garbage that we do not need on this planet. And anyone who dared to hurt MY dog would find out real quick if life after death exists.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,120 times
It is aggravating to me that the least responsible members of society seem to be the most likely to own the dog that requires the greatest amount of responsibility and training. I live in a very urban environment, but I am reluctant to walk my dogs in the neighborhood because so many idiots are out walking their aggressive pit bulls, many of them off-leash. After a few close encounters I finally gave up on walking my two dogs by myself (I would be unable to protect/defend both of them in the event of an attack)
Thankfully, I have a yard that my pooches can play/exercise in or I'd be screwed. I have met some wonderful, well trained pits, so I have no problem with the breed per se, it's just that too many of their owners are completely irresponsible idiots.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Sad cause MOST pits are harmless and, rather lick a person to death.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
A pit bull this time is the victim of crime rather than the perpetrator. But why are so many sick people so heavily invested with this breed? Man dangled dog over balcony to 'get back at' girl

Is this purely a phenomenon among urban and rural toughs?

Edited to add another sicko crime involving pit bull, Man accused of dog's rape and murder.

My female lab, is more aggressive towards people she doesn't know, than the male pit bull I had before her.
He would help someone robbing my house carry stuff.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
It is aggravating to me that the least responsible members of society seem to be the most likely to own the dog that requires the greatest amount of responsibility and training.
I have my doubts about anyone who would name a dog "Cocaine" regardless of the dog's color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My female lab, is more aggressive towards people she doesn't know, than the male pit bull I had before her.
He would help someone robbing my house carry stuff.
I do no know of many aggressive Labs.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:37 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,765,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I have my doubts about anyone who would name a dog "Cocaine" regardless of the dog's color.

I do no know of many aggressive Labs.
A boy named 'Ransom' attacks a dog named 'Cocaine'. Now THAT's hardcore.

As for that Iguana-killing Pittie getting raped and murdered, I'm reminded of the story of this passionate Pittie-lover in Atlanta. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnLlJcUgVbU This story only supports my theory that many in the Pit Bull Community see the dogs as sleek, muscular, surrogate lovers.

And here's a story out of formerly-classy Connecticut, where a pretty Pittie, appropriately named Layla, was raped by a naked man. Luckily, Layla's owner is a "mental health professional", and the possessor of many fabulous fingernails. Otherwise, the religious zealot would have been shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr3LOQ_ixNM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies