Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 09:16 AM

38,991 posts, read 27,378,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I chose to highlight poor whites in this thread, but I've already stated: --Poor whites vote for rich/elite republicans while poor blacks tend to vote for rich/elite democrats. What exactly is the difference? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that both groups are getting screwed.
well, so it took you this long to make a point, you can make this point in your op. More productive that way. No?

by the way, you don't know the reasons why some white people vote Republican. Please don't pretend that you do.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:17 AM

562 posts, read 460,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Because it is BS which paints an entire group of people as per your conclusion.

Replace poor white with poor black and white elite with dems and it is the same foolish stereotype thrown around here.

It is not b.s., rich whites have nothing in common with poor whites, besides skin color. Do you honestly believe that skin color is enough for this group to care about the average poor white person's well being? Truth be told, elite whites view poor/working class whites as trash.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 AM

248 posts, read 171,538 times
Quote:
It is not b.s., rich whites have nothing in common with poor whites, besides skin color. Do you honestly believe that skin color is enough for this group to care about the average poor white person's well being? Truth be told, elite whites view poor/working class whites as trash.
Read my post...WE DON'T CARE OR NEED PEOPLE TO CARE ABOUT OUR "WELL BEING".
We are responsible for ourselves and our own well being...We're different than what you're use to apparently.
"I'll bite...What exactly is a "poor white"? Relative to a billionaire I'm a "poor white". Truthfully us poor whites (relatively speaking) don't really give a sh_t what people think of us...we work through life trying to better ourselves...we take parenting our children very seriously, we try to have as much fun together as possible, we try to lead a high quality of life standard...honestly we just put our head down, go to work, lead our families, don't ask for free hand-outs and don't spend any time caring what people think or blaming anyone for our shortcomings...Simple."

Old 04-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Not all of them.

Plus, i would like to believe that Policies, not skin color, motivated most voters.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:26 AM

248 posts, read 171,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not all of them.

Plus, i would like to believe that Policies, not skin color, motivated most voters.
Great theory...Do you think that was the case during the NoBama election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Read my post...WE DON'T CARE OR NEED PEOPLE TO CARE ABOUT OUR "WELL BEING".
We are responsible for ourselves and our own well being...We're different than what you're use to apparently.
"I'll bite...What exactly is a "poor white"? Relative to a billionaire I'm a "poor white". Truthfully us poor whites (relatively speaking) don't really give a sh_t what people think of us...we work through life trying to better ourselves...we take parenting our children very seriously, we try to have as much fun together as possible, we try to lead a high quality of life standard...honestly we just put our head down, go to work, lead our families, don't ask for free hand-outs and don't spend any time caring what people think or blaming anyone for our shortcomings...Simple."
Actually, the majority of poor people (of all colors) who are at or below the federal poverty level, do accept government hand-outs in the form of food stamps, welfare and/or medicaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Great theory...Do you think that was the case during the NoBama election?
No comment. I voted Gary Johnson

7,793 posts, read 6,351,071 times
Quote:
I mentioned trump, because many poor whites will be voting for him in the general election.
Am I supposed to vote for the party that despises white people?

Old 04-19-2016, 09:27 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,789,253 times
Quote:
I think skin color is probably immaterial for people of means. Having had them as customers they have other motivations and objects of concern other than what you are positing.

No data to indicate anything you allege is true. You are just stirring up trouble. Like that black student now going to jail for creating false race based twitter tweets.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Am I supposed to vote for the party that despises white people?
There are no bona fide candidates that represent anything worth voting for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies