Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:15 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I have read both the Koran and the Bible. And though the Bible contains some violent and appalling passages (mostly in the old testament) they are a tiny portion of the whole. The Koran, on the other hand, is violent and appalling throughout. A typical passage being along the lines of "the infidel shall be dragged by his face into the fiery pit, because God is wise and merciful". Passages similar to this all throughout. I approached the Koran with an open mind, even hopeful that I would find positive spiritual inspiration. But by the time I finished reading I had an entirely negative impression.

I would never follow a babble book that says one will roast in the hell fire for eternity for trivial things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 10:18 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Should I learn my Islam from you sitting in Tel Aviv, Obama, George Clooney or should I look to the people who were born and raised in Islam for a thousand years? Who knows Islam better? The Islam that you think should exist is a fantasy.
I am in Israel because I'm Jewish and currently because of Passover coming up. I spend our half the year in numerous Middle Eastern countries as my main office is in Dubai where I will return to after Passover. I have been working here for around twelve years and have had no problems with Muslims. In a few months I will return to my home south of DC. Islam is different in each country as Christianity is different in different areas of the US. I don't need to teach you or show you Islam. You need to widen your narrow view of it in the same way that Christians are not all strict Catholics and beat the Catholic drum daily.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Real Islam isn't very nice, neither is real Christianity. On media you get the dumbed down versions.

The Christianity of the Bible says...

- Women can't speak in church, if they have a question they must ask their husband at home
-Anyone who doesn't accept Jesus will rot in hell for eternity, no excuses
- Homosexuality is an abomination and unnatural
- Women must obey their husbands
- The only reason for divorce is adultery. If your husband beats you but doesn't have an affair you must stay with him
- If you can't stop lusting after women you should cut out your eyes and castrate yourself
- If someone leaves the faith you must shun them. You can not eat or associate with them any more

Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I am in Israel because I'm Jewish and currently because of Passover coming up. I spend our half the year in numerous Middle Eastern countries as my main office is in Dubai where I will return to after Passover. I have been working here for around twelve years and have had no problems with Muslims. In a few months I will return to my home south of DC. Islam is different in each country as Christianity is different in different areas of the US. I don't need to teach you or show you Islam. You need to widen your narrow view of it in the same way that Christians are not all strict Catholics and beat the Catholic drum daily.

Amen

Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Real Islam isn't very nice, neither is real Christianity. On media you get the dumbed down versions.

- Women can't speak in church, if they have a question they must ask their husband at home
- The only reason for divorce is adultery. If your husband beats you but doesn't have an affair you must stay with him
- If you can't stop lusting after women you should cut out your eyes and castrate yourself
- If someone leaves the faith you must shun them. You can not eat or associate with them any more

Holy old testament! Seriously, if you're going to refer to the Bible..have knowledge of it. Share scripture and understand the difference between the old testament and new testament. GBY.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

"So it's all a big misunderstanding what Islam really is"

Isn't that really the nature of religion in general? One big misunderstanding?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:41 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Holy old testament! Seriously, if you're going to refer to the Bible..have knowledge of it. Share scripture and understand the difference between the old testament and new testament. GBY.
Why? When most believers are not so well versed, regardless the Holy book, why act incredulous when the common beliefs are repeated regardless the truth of these matters?

This is the essence of most problems in general. The truth is not what drives people. What drives people is what they are taught and what they want to believe.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Why? When most believers are not so well versed, regardless the Holy book, why act incredulous when the common beliefs are repeated regardless the truth of these matters?

This is the essence of most problems in general. The truth is not what drives people. What drives people is what they are taught and what they want to believe.
Why? Because you obviously do not understand the bible, nor the premise of how the 66 books are written...nor the scriptures themselves. If you'd like to learn, there are plenty of Christians willing to assist you - that way you can refrain from spreading false anti-Christianity rhetoric.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:57 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

What drives people is their interpretation and what they are brainwashed to believe or want to believe.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:00 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I am in Israel because I'm Jewish and currently because of Passover coming up. I spend our half the year in numerous Middle Eastern countries as my main office is in Dubai where I will return to after Passover. I have been working here for around twelve years and have had no problems with Muslims.
Where did I say I have problems with Muslims? Those women who are subject to harassment by the 7000 strong religious police are Muslims too. You seem to miss the point of this thread. It is not about individual Muslims. It is not even about "Islamic" countries, such as Jordan. It is about places where Islam RULES. You can be sure they all have some kind of religious police one way or another and carry out brutal punishments. If it was all a big "misunderstanding", why do they all misunderstand it the same way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies