Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 03:31 PM

300 posts, read 348,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
again, the all or nothing at all liberal attitude.

as with any info search, you get input from different sources and compare, even from extreme biased sources.

of course when info is suporessed, as a good propaganda machine is wont to do, that is informative and goes into consideration
Actually you are wrong about my political leaning. I am actually a moderate. It is funny when someone has to ask conservatives something about their political leaning, I am considered a "liberal." Right there is conservative thinking. I used to be a conservative and watched fox news until I realized how inconsistent they are thanks to the internet. It's just I've noticed throughout the political forum, it is always the same question and yet, those don't get locked or taken down. It is the common theme that "why do liberals think this" or "why are liberals ruining our country?" Shouldn't the question be "why is there the establishment" or "why are the establishment ruining our country?" You have to remember that you can get the establishment on BOTH sides. It isnt just a one or either or. Like on the conservative side, you get the Koch Brothers and on the liberal side, you get Tom Steyer. On the forums, there is so much bashing on the liberal side without acknowledgement or facts backed up that it is only a liberal problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 PM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94buickcentury View Post
I am just curious for conservatives out there. Where do you get your media from? Are you skeptic of the sources you get your news from? Will you still follow news from that source, even if they had ties to big money in politics? If you find out something about your news source that showed corruption, will you still follow it?

I notice that no one really likes to cite a source for their claims.

I don't know how long this post is going to last. Last time I posted something on the Politics forum, it got taken down, just because "it was asked already," even though it wasn't EVER asked. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised because city-data clearly shows its bias.

NOTE:

Before it gets locked or taken down, YES, I did my search and the titles in the search may seem to be related, but compared to other threads that talk about the media bias of the presidential primaries or the claim that the media has a democratic bias in general, NONE of them talk about republicans and their media in general. If any of them existed, they are going to be out of date.
You dare question that man behind the curtain?

Before this thread does get locked down, I will say again the best source of unbiased reporting and/or news that anyone can get in one hour -- commercial free -- is the PBS NewsHour. Some conservatives have trouble with this notion, because it's public television, but I have always been impressed with who they have on the show, generally experts from both sides of the issue, who are given an opportunity to "present their case" in a professional and straight-forward manner.

Coincidentally, the title of this thread is what caught my attention and reminded me of this story presented during the PBS NewsHour show last night.

How the AP uncovered secret slavery behind the seafood in your supermarket | PBS NewsHour

We owe much to the media in any case...

Old 04-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94buickcentury View Post
Actually you are wrong about my political leaning. I am actually a moderate. It is funny when someone has to ask conservatives something about their political leaning, I am considered a "liberal." Right there is conservative thinking. I used to be a conservative and watched fox news until I realized how inconsistent they are thanks to the internet. It's just I've noticed throughout the political forum, it is always the same question and yet, those don't get locked or taken down. It is the common theme that "why do liberals think this" or "why are liberals ruining our country?" Shouldn't the question be "why is there the establishment" or "why are the establishment ruining our country?" You have to remember that you can get the establishment on BOTH sides. It isnt just a one or either or. Like on the conservative side, you get the Koch Brothers and on the liberal side, you get Tom Steyer. On the forums, there is so much bashing on the liberal side without acknowledgement or facts backed up that it is only a liberal problem.
And your comment here immediately reminded me of this thread I just coincidentally started as well...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ce-sitter.html

Old 04-22-2016, 03:29 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I actually still read newspapers. Mostly the Washington Post. The news seems unbiased enough. And the op-ed page ranges from conservatives George Will and Charles Krauthammer to liberals E. J. Dionne and Eugene Robinson. I don't feel like I'm being brainwashed.
"Mostly the Washington Post. The news seems unbiased enough." Wrong!

The ya have and will probaly aleays be left biased.

Just because the print op-eds from conservatives does NOT mean they lean right.

Read the editorials and regular articles and you will see the left slant.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Mostly the Washington Post. The news seems unbiased enough." Wrong!

The ya have and will probaly aleays be left biased.

Just because the print op-eds from conservatives does NOT mean they lean right.

Read the editorials and regular articles and you will see the left slant.
Some Post editorials (and I'm talking about the editorial page, not the op-ed page) take a liberal point of view: same sex marriage, gun control, etc. Some editorials take a more conservative, or at least free market, point of view, such as supporting the TPP deal. But yes, overall the post is a liberal newspaper. As for the hard news, possibly there is a liberal slant to it, but I always feel that I get the basic facts of a story. I don't have any problem with the basic news reporting. And since I've been to the right of center politically for several decades now it's unlikely that reading the Washington Post is going to turn me into a lefty.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Like I wrote in comment #12...

"I will say again the best source of unbiased reporting and/or news that anyone can get in one hour -- commercial free -- is the PBS NewsHour."

For the most part, I don't read editorials, opinion pieces, or listen to "talking heads," no matter from the left or right. I do what I can to keep up with the news from multiple sources; local, national and foreign, and I try to pay attention to what the political leaders and/or experts in their fields have to say. All a part of a process I call "triangulating for the truth." Then I judge right from wrong as best I can, how to vote, what to comment in these all-important C-D threads...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies