Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is your choice for President in November?
Hillary Clinton 133 39.47%
Donald Trump 204 60.53%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:58 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Your so uneducated. Before you make statements about trump you better know what your talking about! He has said MANY times Mexicans are NOT bad people and that he actually has a lot of them working for him since they are so hardworking! He did not call ALL Mexicans drug dealers and rapist! But you must be very naive to think there is not a problem with crime in many illegal immigrant areas! And that is not just about Mexicans but with everyone who comes here illegally. If you are staying a country illegally you must not have much respect for laws. And the ban was so that America could come up with a way to PROPERLY screen Muslim so make sure they are not terrorists!!!
It was a general statement on Mexicans. " When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." That's a pretty broad brush and goes beyond being an anti-illegal immigration stand.

I never supported illegal immigration.

A temporary ban to figure out how to filter Muslims is just as bad. Imagine if the cops stopped every Caucasian biker they see to check if they are part of a gang. The religion of Islam does not promote terrorism and the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists. If we're going to do that, we might as well temporarily report all Muslims that are already in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 03:58 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
It was a general statement on Mexicans. " When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." That's a pretty broad brush and goes beyond being an anti-illegal immigration stand.

I never supported illegal immigration.

A temporary ban to figure out how to filter Muslims is just as bad. Imagine if the cops stopped every Caucasian biker they see to check if they are part of a gang. The religion of Islam does not promote terrorism and the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists. If we're going to do that, we might as well temporarily report all Muslims that are already in the country.
There is nothing wrong with illegal immigration. I support it as long as it stays illegal. But we can't allow some to take advantage of it. There needs to be a control mechanism against that.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There is nothing wrong with illegal immigration. I support it as long as it stays illegal. But we can't allow some to take advantage of it. There needs to be a control mechanism against that.
I agree with that. Illegal immigrants shouldn't have the same privleges as legal immigrants. By the same logic, non-citizens should not be allowed to vote, as some had advocated for.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:25 AM

779 posts, read 1,004,357 times
Awesome poll, can't believe trump is leading....

Whoever votes for him has some balls, I personally agree with a lot of what he says, even though to accomplish some of the goals seems unrealistic. I'm more concerned about some of the nasty stuff coming out of his mouth, I feel like he's going to take us to war, a man like him does not like to back down, which is not always a good thing.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:46 AM

931 posts, read 802,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post

Whoever votes for him has some balls, I personally agree with a lot of what he says, even though to accomplish some of the goals seems unrealistic. I'm more concerned about some of the nasty stuff coming out of his mouth, I feel like he's going to take us to war, a man like him does not like to back down, which is not always a good thing.
Trump is a very reasonable and flexible person, far from reckless. Don't under estimate him, he is a very smart guy. He comes off as an authoritative person and as a leader which is what America needs. Trump is CALCULATED. There is a method behind the madness. He talks the talk because he has to and because he wants to WIN. No different than talking smack on the basketball court to your opponent.

You do what you gotta do to get to the finish line. Trump right now, during the primaries and general election is in COMPETITION MODE. Once he wins, I guarantee he will tone it down. Notice that all the people that know Trump on a personal level say he is a much calmer person who is a great father and family man. Again, there is a method to the madness. Trump knows what he's doing and clearly it's working as he is the front runner. Even his negative polling numbers have dropped like 10 points. Don't sleep on him. He would make an excellent President and get great results. Just let him do his thing and you'll see.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Trump is a racist(look at his documented history of housing discrimination against African amercians)but so is Hilary, I mean she called black children super predators. That's unforgivable

Old 04-29-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Trump is a very reasonable and flexible person, far from reckless. Don't under estimate him, he is a very smart guy. He comes off as an authoritative person and as a leader which is what America needs. Trump is CALCULATED. There is a method behind the madness. He talks the talk because he has to and because he wants to WIN. No different than talking smack on the basketball court to your opponent.

You do what you gotta do to get to the finish line. Trump right now, during the primaries and general election is in COMPETITION MODE. Once he wins, I guarantee he will tone it down. Notice that all the people that know Trump on a personal level say he is a much calmer person who is a great father and family man. Again, there is a method to the madness. Trump knows what he's doing and clearly it's working as he is the front runner. Even his negative polling numbers have dropped like 10 points. Don't sleep on him. He would make an excellent President and get great results. Just let him do his thing and you'll see.
I can understand the method if that really is his method, but that assumes people will forget the extreme things he has already said. It also assumes people will believe the "new" Trump is the real Trump and not the other way around. What would make people believe that the "new" him isn't just a facade he puts up to win the general election.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:48 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post

I doubt it, if anything, I personally feel like he wants to protect this country more then any other candidate. He even said the war on Iraq was a total waste and should of never happened, and he is only acting the way he does now to draw attention and recieve voters/supporters.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:04 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I'm against illegal immigration. Being illegal when they work they are not contributing to taxes here and are used by employers to avoid paying the payroll taxes. Their children will be US citizens (I support this) and eligible for public school. Plus these families use other public services paid for by other taxpayers. So if they are going to stay here give them legal status and TAX them like everyone else.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Trump is a racist(look at his documented history of housing discrimination against African amercians)but so is Hilary, I mean she called black children super predators. That's unforgivable
Either one or the other is going to be President.

So take your pick.

And no, calling criminals during the height of the crack cocaine era isn't unforgivable. She wasn't referring to all Black people and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies