Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 05:01 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,565,777 times

Advertisements

I'm on the side of the police.
The percentage of police who Act overly aggressive or overly harass people in the face of what they have to deal with is minuscule.

I hope they pull out even more and let the complaining communities get a taste of life without police protection. Let them beg the police to come back after facing the realities of their community's culture of violence and depravity.
These police put themselves in serious harms way everyday trying to protect people, and then they are required to jump through ridiculous bureaucratic and PC hoops while being painted as racists and overly aggressive monsters.

Black behavior matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 05:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I am not anti police doing their job of finding and arresting criminals for committing crimes. I am against cops detaining people for crimes the may commit. I am also against cops being the shakedown agents for the local and, sometimes international, politicians. I was a young man in a town where the police shook down the small businesses for the local party and most bars for the "cause".

I avoided the police as much as possible. After I got back from 'Nam I avoided them completely. I do not like being around armed people I cannot trust when I am forced by local law to be unarmed. After a year or so I moved out and have never, except a couple of visits to family, been back.

The effective answer to the "problem" and to groups such as Black Lives Matter is to include these areas of all of our cities into the sub and exurban American prosperity. Most crime in poor areas, particularly nonviolent crime such as prostitution and drug distribution and sales are answers to economic desperation and not inherently violent. Enforcing these business arrangements without a conventional legal system is where the violence is used.

So if you want law and honest law enforcement improve prosperity not domestic terrorism.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:07 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Are you trying to say that cops don't know how to do their jobs without using unnecessary violence?
Most people who are "pro police" would probably say that arm chair quarterbacks who want to criticize the decisions that cops often have to make in a split second have no clue what constitutes "unnecessary" in that situation and moment in time.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes.

The liberal lie about Ferguson not only sparked riots, but is costing lives across this country.

Michael Brown was a criminal who was in the process of attacking a cop.

Liberals, your lies have steep consequences. Your lies are changing policies that are getting more people killed.

Liberals are now trying to lie and spin the stats to say that there isn't a Ferguson Effect - how many more do you liberals want to die pushing this false narrative:

Stat Crimes Matter | City Journal
THAT, I don't know about. I do not believe that he attacked Wilson in the manner Wilson said he did from the evidence of that situation.

No witness testimony backed up his story.

The reason for the outrage is that Police were legit harming/terrorizing/incriminating people and getting away with it. There was no "justice." Cops word is always legit.

What was proven was that cops lie as much as anyone, and that we need a better checks and balances to protect every citizen from those injustices.

Balance. We have none anymore in America.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:58 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Great article:

Back to Bedlam | City Journal

They've been calling for less proactive, more gentle policing and when we get the obvious result - more crime, they complain cops aren't doing their jobs.
Um, the "anti-cop left" in Chicago just paid 6million to Laquan McDonalds family trying to cover up his murder by the CPD.

In fact, that's the biggest challenge BLM faces....the biggest most abusive police forces in the US are in entrenched democratic bastions and their backers will cut their funding and ostracize them if they go after them too hard.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I'm a police officer in Illinois. Not chicago, but a large city about a half hour away with a fair share of gangs, drugs, shootings, and every other crime you can think of....just to a lesser extent.

Starting 1-1-16 all police in Illinois have to fill out a long form racial profiling sheet EVERYTIME we come in contact with someone acting suspicious, believed to be committing a crime, etc. We also have to give the person a copy. At my own department, 90 percent of the officers are stopping people less because it has turned into a hassle.

I know several chicago officers and they are doing the same thing. Many of them aren't going to go out of their way anymore and unfortunately the crime has gone up and murders and shootings are way up.

Unfortunately policing in some communities is hazardous to a police officers job and pension, so the blood and guts will be cleaned up after the fact. We will be reactive instead of proactive.

If no one will support the police then this is the outcome. This is the outcome of the liberals and black LIES matter.
exactly and why should you be expected to....it is plain to see, that departments, schools, etc...refuse to back the very police they put thru months of testing and training, to have the very best...represent their communities, and then when something goes south with a perp of race, they abandon those men...I don't blame any of you....period! why should you risk your pensions or even worse, your lives?

Old 04-22-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If I was a cop I'd be pissed right now. If I was a protester I'd be pissed right now.

The only people who aren't pissed are politicians because they set things up the way they are. They don't care.
and how long will it take for people to realize this? It really is upsetting....
Thank you Gtownoe!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The percentage of police who Act overly aggressive or overly harass people in the face of what they have to deal with is minuscule.

I hope they pull out even more and let the complaining communities get a taste of life without police protection. Let them beg the police to come back after facing the realities of their community's culture of violence and depravity.
These police put themselves in serious harms way everyday trying to protect people, and then they are required to jump through ridiculous bureaucratic and PC hoops while being painted as racists and overly aggressive monsters.

Black behavior matters
I agree, and change has to start with ownership....

I can understand there are certainly some really corrupt cops, there is such in every issue in life....however, if we want to change it around, people have to start taking ownership and be responsible parents...

since this whole issue has come to life, I have seen more young people become violent and verbally abusive with cops then I ever dreamed could have happened. to resist arrest, to call cops names, to kick and hit cops, and fight them, is completely crazy. I never knew so many kids were so unruly and angry.

So, how does this have to change...in the home, and I'm all for education in schools on this....

I have seen grown women, in a Chuckie Cheese, with their children onlooking, completely go nuts, physically fighting with other women. you can't make this stuff up.

and now a girl is dead, b/c of this kind of violence, what, 15 or 16 years old??? Gone forever, due to bullying and violence....where does this come from?

That is what we have to tackle, and tackle hard....

Old 04-22-2016, 08:30 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

Black behavior matters
https://www.facebook.com/allen.frank...2409579832053/

Old 04-22-2016, 09:05 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, the "anti-cop left" in Chicago just paid 6million to Laquan McDonalds family trying to cover up his murder by the CPD.

In fact, that's the biggest challenge BLM faces....the biggest most abusive police forces in the US are in entrenched democratic bastions and their backers will cut their funding and ostracize them if they go after them too hard.
Very interesting point and one I think people miss. Very good point.

The Dems supported Black Lives Matter. It was their gem for their base. They just didn't create the buzz around the issues. They used the group to re-brand the uprising that was taking place over the unwarranted murders.

The Dems dropped BLM like hot ______ as soon as they had the opportunity. Our cities are ran by Democrats. We have a Democratic president.

Fact of the matter is, if your equating "left" with Democrat, the "left" wasn't willing to solve the problem either. I think there's mutual blame to go around.

Throwing around terms rather than addressing the real issues is doing nothing but feeding into the partisan politics that has us in a stranglehold. The real "Movement" was actually a break away from that system.

And then here comes Black Lives Matter....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies