Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 05:42 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I always liked Joe Walsh, and now I like him even more. And I couldn't agree with him more regarding his assessment of the current iteration of the GOP as led by Trump and Cruz. He's spot on.
Agreed. I like him even more now.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:47 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
So the brain damaged drug addict hates Republicans but supports Democrats? Sounds about right.
Relax. You still have pedophile crap in his pants to stay out of Vietnam Ted Nugent in your corner. It all evens out.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:48 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Can't blame him...the GOP is becoming toxic to associate with
And it appears they know it, which is actually the interesting bit here.

Some staffer realized that Ted Nugent and country of the "I love my truck" variety isn't exactly jelling with the sensible image the GOP so desperately wants, so they're now flying under the radar to book artists.

The dishonesty is to be expected, but the reasoning behind it points to a tiny sliver of introspection somewhere in the GOP - and that's surprising.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:52 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And it appears they know it, which is actually the interesting bit here.

Some staffer realized that Ted Nugent and country of the "I love my truck" variety isn't exactly jelling with the sensible image the GOP so desperately wants, so they're now flying under the radar to book artists.

The dishonesty is to be expected, but the reasoning behind it points to a tiny sliver of introspection somewhere in the GOP - and that's surprising.
There was a recent article in the Economist that profiled young Republicans and it found that by and large that young Republicans don't refer to themselves as Conservatives and they dont care for socially conservative issues.

I think if the GOP wants to stay relevant...they really have to let go of these anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-trans issues.

I think if the GOP let go of socially conservative issues and aligned themselves with the Libertarian philosophy...they would probably win elections again

Old 04-21-2016, 06:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I always liked Joe Walsh, and now I like him even more. And I couldn't agree with him more regarding his assessment of the current iteration of the GOP as led by Trump and Cruz. He's spot on.
Of course he is. Most entertainers and artists crave free expression, and no one else in America is more against free expression than the GOP.

Unless you are Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr., Ted Nugent or some other redneck loser you probably are not an artist who is a fan of today's GOP.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
I love Joe Walsh even more now.

Time to go on a downloading binge.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I think if the GOP wants to stay relevant...they really have to let go of these anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-trans issues.
Problem is, will the base turn out if those red-meat issues are taken out of the platform? They may be increasingly problematic positions for general elections, but they're crowd-pleasers at GOP primaries. In other words, do young Republicans have the numbers to set the agenda?

Old 04-21-2016, 06:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Relax. You still have pedophile crap in his pants to stay out of Vietnam Ted Nugent in your corner. It all evens out.
Crazy isn't it? Your description sounds like a liberal poster boy, all he needs is to want to use womens bathrooms.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
There we go...you folks just made my point. By pandering to libs, he alienated everyone else.
Lol...I forgot about that. I remember when he had bodyguards on him 24/7 to keep his nose clean.
That is absolutely false. He was not 'pandering to libs.' Joe Walsh wouldn't care what people think--he's been around a long time and does not need to pander to anyone.

Why do some people have such a difficult time understanding that people actually take action based on their own moral code? This is a good thing--maybe just not recognizable to those used to characters like Trump who do nothing but pander.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to to me.

"...he's pulling out of a Cleveland summer concert he thought would be a nonpartisan event for veterans' families because it's actually a launch for the Republican National Convention.

Walsh says in a statement on his official website that he's "very concerned about the rampant vitriol, fear-mongering and bullying coming from the current Republican campaigns." He says he "cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way."

He adds that his name was "to be used to raise sponsorship dollars for convention-related purposes."

Eagles' Joe Walsh balks after concert's real deal revealed - CBS News

Old 04-21-2016, 07:20 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Joe Walsh pulled out of an upcoming concert date citing ties to the GOP -

I'm comfortable with that. If you are an entertainer you don't want to alienate your fan base..but then he did just that. "I am very concerned about the rampant vitriol, fear-mongering and bullying coming from the current Republican campaigns," Walsh said. "It is both isolationist and spiteful. I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way." Joe Walsh cancels concert with GOP ties - CNN.com
I guess he's forgotten that the ultimate bully, Obama, has spewed and festered his spite on Americans the last seven years. Never mind Trump's recent behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies