Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:16 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
All makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Except it doesn't work that way. The black market exploded when possessing marijuana became legal. Turns out it is a lot cheaper to buy it illegally, and people do, now that no one will ask where you got it.

Legal Marijuana In Washington And Colorado Hasn't Gotten Rid Of The Black Market - Business Insider
If the black market is still in existence then the price of legal cannabis must come down until it is at a point where the risk is not worth the reward.

This is no different than alcohol prohibition. Alcohol was 3 to 4 times more expensive during prohibition.

Maybe the states should ban all "granny twelve plants" and not allow any private growing. Hit the remaining illegal grows and law breakers with the heavy hand of the law and eventually the black market will dry up. Not completely, as the worldwide global illegal cigarette trade is around 11 percent, but I'll take 11 percent over 100 percent.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
as more states legalize it the price will drop, its all about the price one has to pay!!! tax it to high and the black market will still remain, but still not as bad as having it illegal. if beer was $10 a can you would be buying black market beer.. half the cigarettes in new York being sold are sold on the black market. trying to tax something out of existence doesn't work..
This

Old 04-28-2016, 06:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
If the black market is still in existence then the price of legal cannabis must come down until it is at a point where the risk is not worth the reward.

This is no different than alcohol prohibition. Alcohol was 3 to 4 times more expensive during prohibition.

Maybe the states should ban all "granny twelve plants" and not allow any private growing. Hit the remaining illegal grows and law breakers with the heavy hand of the law and eventually the black market will dry up. Not completely, as the worldwide global illegal cigarette trade is around 11 percent, but I'll take 11 percent over 100 percent.
Risk vs reward... Drugsters have always played this game and the allure of money and the desire of honey highs has always overcome the risk... Which is why we have criminality and dysfunctional behavior... I don't see that changing. Dopers have already demonstrated over and over they aren't interested in being model citizens. Asking them now to pay their fair share will go over like a narc with a camera at a 420 festival

Propoters always like to use the tax model of Colorado as some roadmap of success.. It hasn't been..adding the total revenue vs the total costs.. Costs defined as all losses to society show mj is a disaster.see Colorado rocky mountain high report

We are in partial agreement... But as we have already seen with the mmj crowd profit over compassion... I cannot imagine what will happen when Monsanto and Phizer ramp up... As medicine if legitimized expect a healthy profit margin... Expect a fight from insurers

If legalized recreationally expect more of what we are already doing.. Codified behavior for idiots...expect a joint to be five to ten dollars... After all a good dope joint 1 GM or less could still zonk more than one person... And it's all about the high.. Expect silly taxation... Dopers won't be able to escape it. Expect gmo strains by Monsanto so that home grows will die out by default.short sighted politicians are salavating at a new tax stream on the front end negating all the back end societal costs

I said it's going to be a rocky 20 years...and what comes out the end for Phillip Morris isn't going to be anything like what your typical stoner wants

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/cal...e55965400.html

Until then.. Crooks will be crooks and will have their destructive behavior addressed appropriately.

What's your post cert say?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-28-2016 at 07:15 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 12:36 PM

Post cert say?

Old 04-28-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Post cert say?
Any peace officer knows what post is...

Google it...

Old 04-28-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Any peace officer knows what post is...

Google it...
My god you're one of the cockiest officers I have ever communicated with. FYI in Illinois we refer to it as peace officer certification

Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
My god you're one of the cockiest officers I have ever communicated with. FYI in Illinois we refer to it as peace officer certification
He doesn't care that the world is different outside of his little corner of CA. What happens there, is how the rest of the world is. Even in the world of paper documents and accreditation.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
He doesn't care that the world is different outside of his little corner of CA. What happens there, is how the rest of the world is. Even in the world of paper documents and accreditation.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Not to mention self-righteous and sanctimonious. Never a good combination, in my book.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:14 AM

Propoters are in full regalia...insulting personally is something I have found a common denominator.

Ask the NFL draft pick Tunsil how good marijuana has been for his life this morning.Going from first round draft pick to 13th...and now a life under the microscope... And the loss of million's of dollars. For what..to be stupid high... Not worth it at all

California has had the dubious privilege of being on the front line of the mj debate..a couple of years ahead of other states in the US. We have experienced the ire..desire..damage.. And societal implications of marijuana full force... As we have experienced the slow ramp up of pushback... A reason why most California counties have either codified marijuana behavior or are set to do so.. It is and has been a struggle..and will continue to be.. Regardless of prohibition or legalization

Sounds to me like someone might have thin skin experiencing mangina.. Which as peace officers we cannot have. My trainees always benefit from experience.. Something apparently lacking. It would be interesting to me if people personally experienced mj behavior as we have here whether their opinions about its effects upon society might change. It's one thing to not be impacted by it..its another to deal with it daily. Arrogance v reality...reality wins.. Whose arrogant then?

When you mire yourself among people who use all drugs expect to get muddy... The several year process intimately involved with the granny twelve plant ordinance experience taught me that... Getting targeted personally... publicly... With threats ..violence... Terrorist threats.. Made it readily apparent that people who use mj are not peaceful... Damaged individuals who use drugs ..any drug... Do not change. In some small way that is demonstrable here.

I have commented upon the op article. I actually think vets who experience PTSD should be allowed use of mj as a legitimate treatment..if nothing more than a better relaxant than higher level drugs... But it doesn't mean it's a get out if jail for free card... If we as a community give you granny twelve plant and you grow 36...or as is more common for us 1200 plants.. That's on you...

It is my experience if you give a damaged individual the ability to use drugs they were will rarely self police and will RAM their drug use down the throats of anyone who gets in their way...we see that here...apparently mj doesn't help people become calmer or smarter...but.. We all know that in the real world and in self introspection... Don't we?

I always wonder..for those of you that smoke pot regularly.. Are you proud of yourself.. Are you happy where your life is going... Do you feel that you are short circuiting your potential... Do you feel the need to use marijuana daily to handle normal life..do you choose to be high rather than have healthy interpersonal relationships... Are you really satisfied with your worth as a human being in the short milliseconds we exist?... For some of you marijuana is a pursuit.. For others a crutch.. For a very few of you a medicine.. And for a very small percent.. A real medicine...

Interesting..and while I feel compassion and profound sadness for many of you I can not generally support your sickness

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-29-2016 at 09:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies