Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 06:11 PM

34,019 posts, read 17,045,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You didn't read your own link did you....? Schilling broke his contract.
and with a history of employer reprimand's, CS is toast. Career in broadcasting done. No MLB team will go near him.

Should be appearing on those shopping networks Pete Rose used to schill on, another ex player far better than CS, with no venue in MLB willing to touch him, even if the ban were lifted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 03:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,744 times
I'm glad to see that so many liberals defend perversion and attacks on innocent children.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:01 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You didn't read your own link did you....? Schilling broke his contract.
Based on what? What term of his contract did he actually break? Cite the specific passage.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:13 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,758 times
I have a question for those of you claiming that this is a free speech issue: are you genuinely concerned about the encroaching of what people say or do off of their employer's time affecting their employment (applying to liberals, conservatives, and well...everybody,) or is it more that you agree with Schilling's opinion?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:55 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"Self-identification?"

What's with the mentality that anyone should be accommodated for how they "self-identify" with no proof at all required? Do you understand what a slippery slope that is... ?

Students applying to college should be able to "self-identify" as under-represented minorities and "self-identify" themselves and their family as low-income, therefore they should all be eligible for an affirmative action edge in admissions and get scholarships and grants only given to URMs (minorities) and/or low-income earners.

I should be able to "self-identify" as having no income, therefore I shouldn't have to pay FICA or income tax.

I should be able to "self-identify" as age 65+, therefore I should immediately begin collecting SS and Medicare benefits.

And I'm sure there's many more issues on which many of us can "self-identify" as something we are not, no proof required, to have access to certain facilities/benefits, especially on issues that fall under state and/or federal protected classes...
Legit point and a topic for debate within itself. A government approved criteria should be developed such as name and change of sex being recorded on official records including state ID. That right there would certainly stir up an endless debate.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I have a question for those of you claiming that this is a free speech issue: are you genuinely concerned about the encroaching of what people say or do off of their employer's time affecting their employment (applying to liberals, conservatives, and well...everybody,) or is it more that you agree with Schilling's opinion?
For some, it may be both.

Can you imagine someone speaking out on social media, on their own time, about their disapproval of slavery ...and getting fired for doing so?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Legit point and a topic for debate within itself. A government approved criteria should be developed such as name and change of sex being recorded on official records including state ID. That right there would certainly stir up an endless debate.
Many transgenders haven't changed their sex, though. Many still have the genitalia of the sex they were born, so now what? We're still back to the only criteria being "self-identification."

Old 04-25-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I'm glad to see that so many liberals defend perversion and attacks on innocent children.

And Donald Trump also?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Many transgenders haven't changed their sex, though. Many still have the genitalia of the sex they were born, so now what? We're still back to the only criteria being "self-identification."
And many won't, especially trans men. But who or what says that's a requirement? Makes for a endless debate.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:16 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
What I really can't stand is the double standards and hypocrisy in regards to saying offensive things and getting fired. That's why I said Schilling was a victim of the "politically correct thought police".
It wasn't that he said something offensive, it's that he said something offensive targeted to the wrong group or person!

Kenny Mayne also works at ESPN, tweeted this a few years back and there was no outrage, he wasn't fired and it's 10x worse than what Schilling tweeted...

"almost rammed car with palin bumper sticker. with intent.. held up..coulda been kids in car."
https://twitter.com/kenny_mayne/stat...76974363852800

"ESPN, Mayne's employer, has not released anything official concerning his message. But would you even expect them to?"
The Sports Rocker: In Case You Missed Kenny Mayne's Dig at Sarah Palin

So, let's just STOP pretending this is about tolerance and civility. It isn't!
If you are a member of the "wrong" political ideology or the wrong group, you won't see much tolerance or civility from the politically correct.

Last edited by voiceofreazon; 04-25-2016 at 06:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies